Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Statesville, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There definitely should be a supercharger in Statesville to cover the 77/40 junction, but the previously proposed location was pretty bad. Way out of the way for I-40 travelers who would have to travel way out of the way south on I-77.

Somewhere NW of the 40/77 interchange around Hwy 21 where all of the gas stations, shopping, food, etc is would be best for both 40/77 IMO. From 77 you just hop on 40 and don't even need to exit your lane to immediately get off on 21, and from 40 just take the exit. Getting back to either highway is just as simple. Not out of the way for either one, really, since that's a regular stop for travelers on both highways anyway. Alternatively, 77-S drivers can just jump off at 21 directly a couple miles before the 40/77 interchange.

Seems like a no-brainer location for a Statesville supercharger to me, really. Glad the previous target location never happened.

FWIW when i suggested this site to Telsa via the form I also submitted to Electrify America. Not sure if my suggestion mattered but looks EA has one coming in that location now. Looks to be at the walmart adjacent to cracker barrel

Attachments

• 2020-12-05 15_58_03-Window.png
    2020-12-05 15_58_03-Window.png
    160.5 KB · Views: 71
Reactions: pinke2323
This is just in the rumor category, but a Tesla Owners - NC user just posted the following:

Just heard a believable rumor that a high speed EV charging station (hopefully a Supercharger) is going in at the Sheetz right off I-77 in Statesville at exit 49. Fingers crossed, even though it's not the greatest area IMO.

No other relevant details yet, and it doesn't appear that Statesville (or Iredell County) building permits are searchable online, so if there are any locals that can keep an eye out for signs of construction...

This is just in the rumor category, but a Tesla Owners - NC user just posted the following:

No other relevant details yet, and it doesn't appear that Statesville (or Iredell County) building permits are searchable online, so if there are any locals that can keep an eye out for signs of construction...
Hallelujah!

Please be a real!

Reactions: SigNC
I'm still holding out hope we get a supercharger install in statesville. I hit up the EA install here over the weekend (yah free charging) and it really made my trip to the lake norman area much easier.

I rediscovered the old permits over the weekend (and unbelievably they're still being reviewed). Oddly though, I did find another permit for "Vehicle Charging Stations" at the Outback Steakhouse next door to the original location. Could there be a new Supercharger in the works for Statesville... at last?

Search Permit number or description on eTRAKiT

1635292201567.png

Address from that permit:
949 FOLGER DR
STATESVILLE, NC, 28625

Which does not appear to be any of the nearby businesses (the Outback is 979). Dunno.

North Carolina funded a bunch of stations with their share of the VW settlement money, and there's one going into Statesville, but not at this address.

• Informative
Reactions: J569
The other permits at that address list the business name as Flow Nissan...which according to Google Maps is currently down the street, but perhaps they are moving/expanding to this area? Check out Permit AP-313463 for example:

1635303597909.png

And if you look at the Site Plan document (at the bottom):

1635303676156.png

and 151 Cinema Drive is what appears to be the (I'm guessing former) Marquee Cinemas:

1635303747708.png

Street view:
1635303844875.png

So unfortunately I think all you have here is going to be a single CHAdeMO/CCS charging station at a Nissan dealership that is taking over a closed movie theater lot and they are re-aligning the address to make the main entrance on Folger Drive.