Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Strasburg, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is no transformer on site. An empty transformer pa d is located a few feet from the wooden enclosure. The nearest power pole is some distance away and I could see no evidence of any installatio. of a new underground powerline. I am not aware of what power company serves this area, but the nearest pole had a tag that reads PECO.

I know my wife and I are...if they have this up and running by September we will head that way for vacation...if not we have to figure out where to go...or stay at home...The wife's parents are not far and this would become our charging point when staying with her sister...110 available at thier house, but going anywhere out there takes a lot of range...

I can't get to many updates on this one..

Just swung by Strasburg today, here are updated photos:

strasburg1.jpg

strasburg2.jpg

I honestly wouldn't know what I'm looking for there. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Someone mentioned a green box on the concrete pad? I saw one inside the wooden structure as pictured.

It would be a large green unit on this concrete pad outside the fenced in enclosure, as shown in cmu5p's post:

xfrmrpad.JPG

(Incidentally, the green cabinets inside the enclosure are the ones containing the electrical switchgear)

This progress is great news!

Thank you for contacting Tesla Motors, Inc. technical support with your concern.

I apologize for the inconvenience, but we do not have an eta for the supercharger opening at this moment.

I hope you have a safe trip.

Msg from Tesla motors

Thank you for contacting Tesla Motors, Inc. technical support with your concern.

I apologize for the inconvenience, but we do not have an eta for the supercharger opening at this moment.

I hope you have a safe trip.

Msg from Tesla motors

Weird - here's the response I got on 8/14:

Hi Ari,

Thank you for your email. Yes, we hope to open the station in Strasburg next week. There are a number of scenarios that can affect the timeline for a new site but we are working hard to open as many sites as quickly as we can. We understand the need for more Superchargers and we are excited to announce new sites on our website and in your Model S.

We appreciate your enthusiasm and support in Tesla and our Supercharger technology.

Thank you,
The Tesla Supercharger Team

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.
Interactive Supercharger Map