Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sturgeon Bay, WI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My folks are at their home in Door County this week and sent an updated photo on Saturday. Not too much action.

461B29EE-749A-406B-A2E1-970638431469.jpeg

Is there even any charging cabinets on site? It doesn't look like Tesla has delivered any of the actual equipment needed to complete this Supercharger yet, just the prep/trenching and new curb were done.
No changes since last picture. Will check tomorrow.

The plans indicate two pre-assembled units (4 each) so I think everything is in place for it.

Holy crap they went from a hole in the ground to a nearly completed Supercharger in 3 days! Just need a meter and commissioning, but those covers are a sign that we won't see this up and running for a while (based on what we are seeing at Wisconsin Dells and Janesville). We'll be up in Door County over the July 4th weekend so I'm hoping they get this up an running, but I'm already preparing to survive on L2 chargers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Big Earl
Holy crap they went from a hole in the ground to a nearly completed Supercharger in 3 days! Just need a meter and commissioning, but those covers are a sign that we won't see this up and running for a while (based on what we are seeing at Wisconsin Dells and Janesville). We'll be up in Door County over the July 4th weekend so I'm hoping they get this up an running, but I'm already preparing to survive on L2 chargers.
I don't know if it's like that everywhere or just Wisconsin. It was the same deal last year with the Menominee and Tomah superchargers. They just sat there, practically finished, for like 8 weeks before they came online.

Reactions: aus1ander
I don't know if it's like that everywhere or just Wisconsin. It was the same deal last year with the Menominee and Tomah superchargers. They just sat there, practically finished, for like 8 weeks before they came online.
It seems to be a Wisconsin thing. Our local MSP Superchargers are usually up within 2 weeks of work being completed. Those two last year took forever (we had actually planned a trip to Chicago last year thinking they would be done but ended up having to use the old chargers and timing our arrival to Eau Claire to avoid the lines).

iirc, Tesla's goal for all these installed/nearly complete chargers is to have them on by the first week of July. But of course the last part is the longest part here in WI.. Final Utility setup/approval & municipality approval so Tesla can do their work to light them up.

• Informative
Reactions: MattChristian
Just need to paint the lines and get commissioned! I'm holding out hope this will be on by the July 4th long weekend.
Keeping my my fingers crossed for you. I am very excited for this charging location and I don't even have my Model Y yet, haha. But this Target is a place we always stop at on the way up from Illinois. So this location fits perfectly into my future trips once I take delivery.

Reactions: MarkoC