Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Minocqua, WI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla.com shows that it's open: Find Us | Tesla

1668741541059.png

1668741564446.png

In Wisconsin, only a Utility can sell electricity by the kW. Wisconsin has demand based commercial Tiered utility rates Tier 1 is < 60 kW, Tier 2 is > 60 kW,

When you’re supercharging at 250 kw
Your getting just over 4kW per Minute that works out to $0.32 kw. Of course as the charge Tapers your cost per kW creeps up. Until you hit the Tier 1 rate. then you hit the 60kW which equals 1kW per min at the lowest per minute rate $0.23. Tesla does its best to balance the tier rate pricing to be on par with per kW rates in other states.

In Wisconsin, only a Utility can sell electricity by the kW. Wisconsin has demand based commercial Tiered utility rates Tier 1 is < 60 kW, Tier 2 is > 60 kW,

When you’re supercharging at 250 kw
Your getting just over 4kW per Minute that works out to $0.32 kw. Of course as the charge Tapers your cost per kW creeps up. Until you hit the Tier 1 rate. then you hit the 60kW which equals 1kW per min at the lowest per minute rate $0.23. Tesla does its best to balance the tier rate pricing to be on par with per kW rates in other states.

Units: They're selling electricity by the kWh. 250 kW = just over 4 kWh per minute. 60 kW = 1 kWh per minute.

Can confirm it is live. Pulled just shy of 200kw with my Raven Model S, which I don't see very often. Doing a deep charge because I now have to head due west over to Minnesota and there aren't any charging options on that route. I don't want to get caught short in this cold(ish) weather. My Raven is much less efficient in the cold.
PXL_20221121_183842816.jpg

PXL_20221121_192933297.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20221121_183806633.jpg
    PXL_20221121_183806633.jpg
    279.6 KB · Views: 45
@theflyer I presume you made it okay. FYI there is 1 DCFC 50kW CCS & Chademo and J1772 L2 in Trego WI.
Yep, it was a very enjoyable drive. Thanks for asking. Arrived with about 25% SOC. The original calculation when leaving Minocqua was guestimating 32% on arrival. Since I don't have access to charging for my stay this week in the Anoka area, I also had to do a deep charge in North Branch to help reduce the number of times I'll need to make a 20-30 minute drive to the nearest supercharger. There is a 50kw DCFC in Andover that isn't too far away, but at only 50kw, I'd rather drive to a supercharger.

Good to know about the other DCFC. I didn't look for one, but I do have a Chademo adapter in the vehicle...it's been a long time since I had to dig that out to us in a real need.

Trego was where I have been trying to get a SuC at the trego Travel center. But now that it looks like we may get something in Rice Lake, I’ve changed my preference location further north to Minong WI. It’s a better splitter for RL to Duluth route.