Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sudbury, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the follow-up on this! Waiting on this SC to go live to go visit my sister up there! See how a good SC network unites families hehehe

Not to nitpick, but you know that we're west of Montreal, and not North? And so we're not "up there". Technically we're on a 284 degree heading... but again, I don't want to nitpick. :)

Not to nitpick, but you know that we're west of Montreal, and not North? And so we're not "up there". Technically we're on a 284 degree heading... but again, I don't want to nitpick. :)
And Sudbury is at an altitude above sea level of 348m while Montreal has an average altitude of 30m (Google says 232m but that's the peak on Mont Royal - I don't live there...:))

And as we all know, for an EV altitude is usually more important than latitude... But hey! :p

I took a drive over there today and they did indeed install the rest of the stalls. They are still waiting for the utility transformer install... they were having issues with it last time I was there. The foreman seemed confident it would be up and running before Christmas but we'll see... I will keep you all updated. I'm lucky my office is literally down the road from the site! :)

And Sudbury is at an altitude above sea level of 348m while Montreal has an average altitude of 30m (Google says 232m but that's the peak on Mont Royal - I don't live there...:))

And as we all know, for an EV altitude is usually more important than latitude... But hey! :p

That's the altitude of the airport - which is quite a lot northeast of the city. And I don't live there either. :) The supercharger is at an altitude of 270m.

But... to your point, if you're implying that by "up there", we're "higher" than Montreal, then my only response is that I've visited Montreal! There are many many folks there who aren't suffering from a shortage of altitude. :)

• Funny
Reactions: sauce and mrElbe
Here you go and as an update, had another chat with GSU - they were just installing the utility transformer today so the stalls and everything should be powered up TOMORROW! However, they are still waiting for the Tesla signage to be put up, so I'm thinking early next week it will be fully open to the public.

20171211_123546.jpg 20171211_123555.jpg

Haha I don't have a Tesla, sadly. I'm currently driving a Gen 1 Volt. I'm sure Tesla will need to "activate" the stalls either remotely or having their contractor turn on the stalls via their cabinets.
They'll send someone out to test each stall, label the bollards and then flip the switch. With a location like Sudbury, it might take a while to get someone out there, but hopefully not too long!