Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tarrytown, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was there a few days ago. 9 out of 12 supercharger were occupied. This was a weekday lunchtime. Most cars had the white paper registration on the Window. A new car owner waiting for the real one to come in to the mail .

Never get a good rate here. Last time charged at 35kw. Pretty terrible. 40 degrees and was at 30% when hooked up .

Starbucks was fine, wifi available. Stop and shop just across the lot.

Have charged here 5+ times and NEVER above 72kw. Not sure what the issue is.

Was there a few days ago. 9 out of 12 supercharger were occupied. This was a weekday lunchtime. Most cars had the white paper registration on the Window. A new car owner waiting for the real one to come in to the mail .

Never get a good rate here. Last time charged at 35kw. Pretty terrible. 40 degrees and was at 30% when hooked up .

Starbucks was fine, wifi available. Stop and shop just across the lot.

Have charged here 5+ times and NEVER above 72kw. Not sure what the issue is.

Last winter, I had an S85, so I didn't have the luxury of skipping as many chargers as I currently do. I pulled in there on Dec 27th last year with a warm battery, 6 hours into our trip.....

still could only top out at 60kW. added another 30-45 minutes to an already long day.

• Informative
Reactions: Galve2000
still could only top out at 60kW. added another 30-45 minutes to an already long day.

My guess would be that there is something funny going on with the demand charges at this location. i'm not sure what electricity costs are in the Hudson Valley, we are dealing with commercial power here and when so many cars come in pulling 115 kW the demand charges have to be pretty high.

I bet there is a bit of throttling going on in this respect to avoid high demand charges.

I generally go to the other side of the Hudson river in Nyack for my Sunday drives.. the Hudson House of Nyack is one of my fave brunch spots in the Hudson Valley. i'll cross the river to Tarrytown to hit the SCer for a bit afterwards. I always assumed that the reason I had poor performance at Tarrytown SCer was b/c I generally go to brunch f1st (I need to fuel myself after all, don't I?) and then fuel the car. the distance from Nyack to Tarrytown is not much more than 10 minutes and the battery has been sitting cold for an hour or so while i'm at brunch... so I don't get optimal SCing speeds.

then again the same thing happens in spring and summer when it's like 75 F out.. so honestly.. it't not the "cold" battery..

i'm excited for the SCer in West Nyack which is opening soon. No more trips across the river just to SuperCharge!

oh wait.. I have to cross the river to get back into NYC from Nyack.. don't I? Oops.

Can anyone recommend a good (easy to understand and accurate) toll calculator?

I'd like to figure out if it is better to pay the tolls on 87 vs the GWB (free leaving NYC, $12.50 with EZPass to come in) vs Henry Hudson bridge and Tappan Zee bridge. -- somehow I feel it all come out equal -- so I really should just follow Waze and take the fastest route.. but it's fun to think about.

My guess would be that there is something funny going on with the demand charges at this location. i'm not sure what electricity costs are in the Hudson Valley, we are dealing with commercial power here and when so many cars come in pulling 115 kW the demand charges have to be pretty high.

I bet there is a bit of throttling going on in this respect to avoid high demand charges.

I generally go to the other side of the Hudson river in Nyack for my Sunday drives.. the Hudson House of Nyack is one of my fave brunch spots in the Hudson Valley. i'll cross the river to Tarrytown to hit the SCer for a bit afterwards. I always assumed that the reason I had poor performance at Tarrytown SCer was b/c I generally go to brunch f1st (I need to fuel myself after all, don't I?) and then fuel the car. the distance from Nyack to Tarrytown is not much more than 10 minutes and the battery has been sitting cold for an hour or so while i'm at brunch... so I don't get optimal SCing speeds.

then again the same thing happens in spring and summer when it's like 75 F out.. so honestly.. it't not the "cold" battery..

i'm excited for the SCer in West Nyack which is opening soon. No more trips across the river just to SuperCharge!

oh wait.. I have to cross the river to get back into NYC from Nyack.. don't I? Oops.

Can anyone recommend a good (easy to understand and accurate) toll calculator?

I'd like to figure out if it is better to pay the tolls on 87 vs the GWB (free leaving NYC, $12.50 with EZPass to come in) vs Henry Hudson bridge and Tappan Zee bridge. -- somehow I feel it all come out equal -- so I really should just follow Waze and take the fastest route.. but it's fun to think about.
You can avoid 87 if you wish. Hop on the saw Mill parkway south and you can get on 87 south of the toll if you wish .

There is also a SC at ridge hill but you pay for parking there. Nice shopping however.

The sprain Brook parkway is a nice ride and seldom crowded. You can get between that and 87 at tuckhoe road and avoid the toll as well

I generally go to the other side of the Hudson river in Nyack for my Sunday drives.. the Hudson House of Nyack is one of my fave brunch spots in the Hudson Valley.

I live in Nyack. Perhaps we will run into each other sometime.

I first reported the West Nyack construction and have tried to stop by regularly to check on status. It has been fully complete since during the holiday week and is waiting only for transformer installation. Because utilities are slow to act, we could still be up to a couple of weeks away (according to the contractor doing the installation). But still pretty's soon ....