Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Grapevine, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And yes have noticed this connection. Wish QT would jump on board with this as even just having 4 stalls everywhere they are would be killer. Bucee's too!
I wrote Buc-Ees about this awhile back. Never received any response at all. Sure seems like a slam dunk to me. QT would be a great addition, even if they started with just a pair of units to put their toe in the water.

When I have a choice, I go for the SC at a truck stop of wherever I can find a Gentlemen's Rest Facility, trash cans and at least a convenience store.

Last edited:
V3 would be nice. Even better if we could get a full speed SC in Dallas CO.

I dropped by The Hill along US75 in Dallas yesterday for a sip so I could get home across town. 11 stalls (why not 12? Space limitation, I guess). Full House after I pulled in, and for the 15 mins I was there, three more arrove to wait. Any time I stop there (usually around 1700-1900, I find at least three stalls in use, usually more.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
I wrote Buc-Ees about this awhile back. Never received any response at all. Sure seems like a slam dunk to me. QT would be a great addition, even if they started with just a pair of units to put their toe in the water.

When I have a choice, I go for the SC at a truck stop of wherever I can find a Gentlemen's Rest Facility, trash cans and at least a convenience store.
The case for Buc-ees is solid given the average time spend shopping.

The case for Buc-ees is solid given the average time spend shopping.
they don't seem interested and any EV charging. They want folks in and out with limited hanging around - hence the complete lack of any seating. Standing in line at the checkout is the most time they want you to spend in there.
They seem to keep missing the memo on superchargers for some reason.
Maybe they will change, but suspect it will take a management switch at the top.

If you want to see how "committed" Bucees are to customer service, try leaving a comment on their website. After name/email, you have to plough through 17 - yes seventeen yes/no questions before you're able to leave a comment for them to not bother replying.

Last edited:
Some updated pics from today and some speculation.

Most of the glass/glazing seems to be in now...
IMG_2864.jpg

Fuel pump island progress...
IMG_2863.jpg

Rear of building from NE corner...
IMG_2859.jpg

Some buried conduit in back (looking West)...
IMG_2858.jpg

Some hard-surface area being prepped. Might stringed-off area in foreground be foundation for transformer?
IMG_2860.jpg

Same area from opposite direction...
IMG_2857.jpg

IMG_2861.jpg

Some weird angles here. Kindof a departure from the otherwise large rectangle layout. Maybe dumpster area or something...
IMG_2855.jpg

Drive and construction behind car wash...
IMG_2856.jpg

Interior of car wash before equipment goes in. Hope there are some mosquito dunks in the center well/stagnant pond...
IMG_2854striaght.jpg

I ran by again on Tuesday and still no progress on Superchargers that I can see. They have trim around windows and some other decorative stuff done on the building, and looks like they’re preparing to pour concrete around the gas pump islands.

Will update when I check again.

You shouldn't expect to see any work done on the superchargers until the host business is totally done. There might be a little overlap once the interiors are complete with fixtures installed while the store is stocking up, but otherwise, it'll all happen after the fact. So, still a while to go.

• Informative
Reactions: TexasDuke
I ran by again on Tuesday and still no progress on Superchargers that I can see. They have trim around windows and some other decorative stuff done on the building, and looks like they’re preparing to pour concrete around the gas pump islands.

Will update when I check again.
To hell with the fossils. I want my juice now!

Drove by yesterday and there were a few tractor-trailer size trucks in front. Today there were a number of vehicles there including a Bud Light van. Hopefully that means refrigerated cases are in and maybe stocking underway. I didn’t ride through the lot, but no activity in back that I could see. Definitely continued progress on the building, and they have the roof on the car wash as of today.

A quick search online didn’t reveal any news on an opening date but hopefully getting closer.

Seems to be difficult to get a handle on opening days info on lots of these planned S/Cs. This one is closer to me than Southlake and might come in handy one day. Plus, the BBQ is good at these places!
I have been watching the "planned" Dallas S/C, Beaumont, TX, New Orleans, and a few others which all say "Planned 2020", but the only info I have ever encountered is the herald trumpets heard on this site when one finally opens.
Beaumont will come in handy for DAL-New Orleans to avoid Shreveport in the middle of the night...
This just in - MSN had an article on a new In-N-Out burger joint with S/Cs opening soon. Then I noticed it was Beaumont, California. Good for CA, not good for TX.

Last edited:
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Don't expect construction on the super charger to begin until the store is green tagged for use. In my photos above you see what I think is and transformer pad getting ready. Tesla is not the "anchor" tenant so there is really no reason for them to even begin. My sense is that it will go together quickly once the store is stocked with groceries and gasoline. I think we can all rest assured that all of Tesla's parts and pieces are in local warehouse ready to deploy. What I found interesting is the angled stall that is formed up. My mind wanders about the purpose of that one angled stall. (CyberTruck?) IDK.

Reactions: drdumont