Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tucson 100%.
IMG_20171015_124104.jpg
IMG_20171015_124119.jpg
IMG_20171015_124148.jpg
IMG_20171015_124218.jpg
IMG_20171015_124104.jpg

Interesting design, with paired stalls back to back. Just don't use a stall behind another car -- pretty simple. I guess I prefer A-B-A-B, so cars are not parking right next to each other as often, but maybe that wouldn't work well here.

Interesting design, with paired stalls back to back. Just don't use a stall behind another car -- pretty simple. I guess I prefer A-B-A-B, so cars are not parking right next to each other as often, but maybe that wouldn't work well here.
The spots closest to the store are signed general parking 30 min. The spots opposite those are for Tesla charging only. I did not look when I was there on the 13th, but I wonder if all the "A" stations are on one side and the "B"'s on the other. That would simplify the decision on which spot to take when more than one car is present.

Great, I- 10 will be open by the end of the year. Thanks to all the scouts keeping us informed.

Not quite. Still need Fort Stockton, Texas to avoid the I-20 dogleg through Midland. But that's pretty much it, tweenst Key West and San Diego. No more right turn at Houston into tornado and black ice country. Fantastic and finally in equal measure.

So we're getting there. Willcox in particular will help anyone with less than an S85/full charge, and will also take pressure off Tucson since Casa Grande --> Willcox and vice versa is an easy schlep.

And yes, thanks to all for the pictures and permit statuses and such.

Not quite. Still need Fort Stockton, Texas to avoid the I-20 dogleg through Midland. But that's pretty much it, tweenst Key West and San Diego...
Well, I-10 doesn't go to San Diego and I-8 is not always snow free since it crosses the Laguna Mountains at an elevation of 4190 feet (1280 m). Just saying... :)

Last edited:
Reactions: jbcarioca
Well, I-10 doesn't go to San Diego and I-8 is not always snow free since it crosses the Laguna Mountains at an elevation of 4190 feet (1280 m). Just saying... :)
OK, I-8 has rare snow. Still, if the poster had said LA/San Diego would you have commented? The point is clear, now only Fort Stockton is an impediment. Considering the number of people who travel Florida-California regularly, the I-10 gap is Big Deal from late-September to late-May. Surely nobody will argue much with that?

We want Fort Stockton!!!

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones
OK, I-8 has rare snow. Still, if the poster had said LA/San Diego would you have commented? ...
Nope. Although I'd prefer "Santa Monica" for the western end of I-10 (having learned to drive in the area — Pacific Palisades — albeit eons ago when dinosaurs still roamed the Earth).

[I'm waiting for the Globe AZ Supercharger Station so that I can visit friends in Tucson — and check out the new Tucson Supercharger Station — without having to go the long way though Flagstaff and Phoenix.]

Reactions: tmoz and jbcarioca
Nope. Although I'd prefer "Santa Monica" for the western end of I-10 (having learned to drive in the area — Pacific Palisades — albeit eons ago when dinosaurs still roamed the Earth).

[I'm waiting for the Globe AZ Supercharger Station so that I can visit friends in Tucson — and check out the new Tucson Supercharger Station — without having to go the long way though Flagstaff and Phoenix.]
Wonderful. As a native son born in LA I recall that Santa Monica is a city in Los Angeles County, thus LA is quite accurate. The other terminus has no such ambiguity since it is in the eternally under construction downtown Jacksonville intersection with I-95. To my chagrin Tesla and I have often visited both of these not-entirely-pleasant intersections. As a confirmed pedanticist myself I applaud your distinction. Just for clarification I lived there, barely, when the Western end of what became I-10 was Ramona Boulevard.