Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tukwila, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A little bit of progress. Cement poured for the pedestals. PXL_20220313_200157679.jpgPXL_20220313_200152387.jpg

From the pictures, it looks like 16 supercharger stalls? Can anyone who drives by regularly confirm how many it looks like the site will have?

This would definitely be the most convenient site for West Seattleites.

From the pictures, it looks like 16 supercharger stalls? Can anyone who drives by regularly confirm how many it looks like the site will have?

This would definitely be the most convenient site for West Seattleites.
(As a West-Seattleite ... isn't your home the most convenient site? West Seattle is still largely R1, with only limited pockets of higher-density development that doesn't have off-street parking)

Reactions: Jeff Davlt
(As a West-Seattleite ... isn't your home the most convenient site? West Seattle is still largely R1, with only limited pockets of higher-density development that doesn't have off-street parking)
Unfortunately not for me.

I'm in a townhome where getting a wall connector isn't feasible (dedicated outdoor parking, where a 110v outlet exists within range, but unfortunately an upgrade to a wall connector would involve the HOA). With the recent announcements related to the mobile connector no longer being included (and being out of stock) [1], my only remaining viable option is a supercharger.

[1] Mobile Connector no longer included with new cars [posted 04/16/2022]

There's an update to that story where Musk suggested (again, via twitter) that you'd be able to get the mobile connector with your new car, basically as a dealer-installed-option. So still costs more, but should be consistently available.

Given lack of charging at at your home, I'd suggest the the chargers at Whole Foods or the Bowling ally. Or at least, I'd suggest the bowling alley if the CCS adapter was available: $0.2/kWh after 7pm is pretty cheap.

Man, I'd not realized what a Level-2 charging desert West Seattle is.

Charge at work?

• Informative
Reactions: gglockner
Unfortunately not for me.

I'm in a townhome where getting a wall connector isn't feasible (dedicated outdoor parking, where a 110v outlet exists within range, but unfortunately an upgrade to a wall connector would involve the HOA). With the recent announcements related to the mobile connector no longer being included (and being out of stock) [1], my only remaining viable option is a supercharger.

[1] Mobile Connector no longer included with new cars [posted 04/16/2022]
As someone who lived in an apartment for 4 years with only a 110V outlet, I can assure you that you will want to get a UMC by any means possible (they frequently get sold in fb groups for example). Not having L2 charging at home is kind of inconvenient. But not having any charging at home is just brutal. L1 home charging is underrated imo . It's literally infinitely better than having nothing.