Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tumwater, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks again to Resolute Soul for another tip.

Looks like Tumwater is being looked at for a Supercharger at the Pilot Travel Center.

Address: 2430 93RD AVE SW TUMWATER WA 98512-1027

Permit Link

This permit is just for the fencing enclosure for "Equipment related to a Tesla EV charging station". The permit was filed by Tesla, Inc in October and has yet to be approved.

EDIT: If the link above doesn't work, follow this link and put "10/30/2018" as the application date.

Last edited:
Thanks again to Resolute Soul for another tip.

Looks like Tumwater is being looked at for a Supercharger at the Pilot Travel Center.

Address: 2430 93RD AVE SW TUMWATER WA 98512-1027

Permit Link

This permit is just for the fencing enclosure for "Equipment related to a Tesla EV charging station". The permit was filed by Tesla, Inc in October and has yet to be approved.

EDIT: If the link above doesn't work, follow this link and put "10/30/2018" as the application date.

I have it on good authority that the permit is approved... Hopefully this baby will break ground in 2019...

Well, according to the expiration date of the permit, which has been paid for, is April 28. So, that's the date we should all look for.

The location is only 17 miles away from the Centrailia Supercharger. 75 miles or so to Issaquah. But, for me, it means I can go round trip to the Puyallup fair and back!

And I could now to Yakima, when that one opens, then to Richland and on to Pullman! WOO HOO!

Reactions: jsanford
Well, according to the expiration date of the permit, which has been paid for, is April 28. So, that's the date we should all look for.

The location is only 17 miles away from the Centrailia Supercharger. 75 miles or so to Issaquah. But, for me, it means I can go round trip to the Puyallup fair and back!

And I could now to Yakima, when that one opens, then to Richland and on to Pullman! WOO HOO!

Yeah I really want that Yakima one. We’ve got friends in Prosser and that would just be so helpful.

Reactions: Yarder
That's the expiration date of the application for the permit, which hasn't been approved yet. Nor has it been paid for (Maybe that was a typo in your comment and you meant to say "hasn't beeen"?). Once the permit is actually issued it will have a new expiration date. So I wouldn't take the April 28th date as indicative of anything. But regardless, I would pay more attention to a building permit for the supercharger site instead of the fencing permit. Only I haven't been able to find an actual building permit yet. I also searched WA's L&I site. No dice, but that wouldn't usually show up til later in the process if I'm understanding correctly. Anyone have any better luck?

I searched all of 2018 and 2019 (month by month given their convoluted search tool) and this was the only reference to Tesla, or "charg" which would show up in any supercharger permit.

There's some signs that electrical permits are managed in a seperate database, so that could be one explanation.

Odd that they placed so close to Centralia... my prior guesses were up in the Lacey area... but more superchargers the better.
Looking at the satellite image, the place is full of cars. I can’t figure out where they will put the stations. Is this real or something new, where EVs outnumber ICE? Will they expand outside the current parking lot? Somebody stop by and look at that fence.

Last edited by a moderator:
"For going from Ocean Shores to Yakima, I don't see how this is any more helpful than charging in Centralia."

Yea, when the Yakima SC opens up, then the trip to Pullman will go Olympia, Yakima, Tri Cities and then Pullman. A much different route. I'm especially excited about Tumwater as it will allow for a round trip to South Seattle and back. I went to the Puyallup fairgrounds not long ago, and I can go direct from Aberdeen, but no extra power to mess around at all.

Just totally pumped about the new SC !

I searched all of 2018 and 2019 (month by month given their convoluted search tool) and this was the only reference to Tesla, or "charg" which would show up in any supercharger permit.

There's some signs that electrical permits are managed in a seperate database, so that could be one explanation.

Depending on the city in Washington State the electrical permits are either governed by the local jurisdiction or the WA L&I, in this case WA L&I. When it is a WA L&I electrical permit the contractor pulls the permit just before or just after the start of construction, as it is an online application and considered "over-the-counter" so you will not find any reference to these permits prior to the start of construction.

The link below is a list of all WA cities that govern their own electrical permitting process.

City Electrical Inspectors