Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tusayan, AZ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What about the Destination Chargers? Do you think they would have to wait for the Transformer, I would think they are on different wiring than the SC.
Yes, they'll have to wait until the whole site is energized. The level 2 EVSEs are on the same electrical service as the superchargers, but with a separate step-down transformer to get to the right voltage.

The step-down transformer is visible in one of the pictures of the back-end hardware that this thread has. It's the small grey box next to the big white boxes (switchgear) on the right:

img_3866-jpg.425431

• Informative
Reactions: abasile
There has been reports of a supercharger sighting in Tusayan (Grand Canyon Village), on the south side of The Grand Hotel. 8-10 stalls.

No photos provided though - and it isn't on Tesla's planned map, so thought I would ask for additional confirmation here before adding to supercharge.info.

It looks like about here:
Google Maps

Surely someone nearby wants to go for a drive? :)
There has been reports of a supercharger sighting in Tusayan (Grand Canyon Village), on the south side of The Grand Hotel. 8-10 stalls.

No photos provided though - and it isn't on Tesla's planned map, so thought I would ask for additional confirmation here before adding to supercharge.info.

It looks like about here:
Google Maps

Surely someone nearby wants to go for a drive? :)
They look so nice. But no juice hooked up yet Sept 9 2019. 12 super chargers and a boatload of destination chargers

Attachments

• A0D7C9CB-F517-4F5A-86D7-7C93534BBF83.jpeg
    A0D7C9CB-F517-4F5A-86D7-7C93534BBF83.jpeg
    631.9 KB · Views: 60
  • 29D97AEB-D4E6-44C7-9690-709B9C62D3DE.jpeg
    29D97AEB-D4E6-44C7-9690-709B9C62D3DE.jpeg
    1,001.8 KB · Views: 38
Here are a couple of photos. I power to anything. The destination chargers were turned off so I flipped the switch and. If I v. I reset it. Othinv. The front desk said that they would be ready soon.

Attachments

• BD4CA593-3E57-4163-A8E9-4E422A9F9D2A.jpeg
    BD4CA593-3E57-4163-A8E9-4E422A9F9D2A.jpeg
    631.9 KB · Views: 156
  • 1C301D97-B79A-43EC-A8EF-C05A0EDF5469.jpeg
    1C301D97-B79A-43EC-A8EF-C05A0EDF5469.jpeg
    977.7 KB · Views: 152
  • Informative
Reactions: mociaf9 and MarcoRP
Planning a trip to that area via Kanab the week of the 23rd of September. Plugshare shows some level 2s. Anyone know if they can be trusted to be working? Tusayan would be a welcome fillup for touring the GC.
Go on PlugShare and you'll see something like six Level 2 units (Tesla and J-1772) at "Yavapai East" inside the national park, near the South Rim. Several weeks ago, we charged our Model S there while hiking in the Grand Canyon. As we went on a long hike, the car was fully charged (actually 90%, the limit I had set) when we finally finished at night. (We descended the South Kaibab Trail, headed west on the Tonto Trail to Indian Garden, and climbed the Bright Angel Trail. It was too hot, but a great experience; we were well equipped with supplies.)

Reactions: tmoz
Go on PlugShare and you'll see something like six Level 2 units (Tesla and J-1772) at "Yavapai East" inside the national park, near the South Rim. Several weeks ago, we charged our Model S there while hiking in the Grand Canyon. As we went on a long hike, the car was fully charged (actually 90%, the limit I had set) when we finally finished at night. (We descended the South Kaibab Trail, headed west on the Tonto Trail to Indian Garden, and climbed the Bright Angel Trail. It was too hot, but a great experience; we were well equipped with supplies.)
Thanks for details.

I highly recommend that hike, and those chargers.

Reactions: tmoz