Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's exciting! I have friends who live in Ukiah, makes it one more reason to visit them again :biggrin:

By the way, has anyone else noticed the cracked asphalt in front of some of the stalls? I thought they typically repaved the spaces as part of the SC installation...

Here's a photo from the article linked above:

They only repave if the construction disturbs the existing pavement.

I live in Lucerne, 41 miles from the Ukiah Supercharger. I first charged up 2 weeks ago and was told by a local we were the first Tesla they saw getting chareged. The location is great, just a block or two from the center of town and only one block from Schott's, a coffee and pastry shop that's delicious. I charged up again this past Saturday (1/30) and my lady and I went over to Boonville for breakfast afterwards for breakfast, then through the Navarro river wine country and the fantastic Redwoods and on to Mendocino. After a Guinness and a look in the bookstore we went over to Ft. Bragg and took Hwy 20 through some more Redwoods to Willits. In Willets (on 101 25miles N. of Ukiah) we still had 100 miles left. A beautiful circle to the coast and back around the charger. I'm still waiting for the Supercharger in Eureka or Crescent City so we can visit the Prairie Creek Redwoods and Northern coast without having to spend the night in some motel to charge. Enjoy the trip............ Dr.John

I live in Lucerne, 41 miles from the Ukiah Supercharger. I first charged up 2 weeks ago and was told by a local we were the first Tesla they saw getting chareged. The location is great, just a block or two from the center of town and only one block from Schott's, a coffee and pastry shop that's delicious. I charged up again this past Saturday (1/30) and my lady and I went over to Boonville for breakfast afterwards for breakfast, then through the Navarro river wine country and the fantastic Redwoods and on to Mendocino. After a Guinness and a look in the bookstore we went over to Ft. Bragg and took Hwy 20 through some more Redwoods to Willits. In Willets (on 101 25miles N. of Ukiah) we still had 100 miles left. A beautiful circle to the coast and back around the charger. I'm still waiting for the Supercharger in Eureka or Crescent City so we can visit the Prairie Creek Redwoods and Northern coast without having to spend the night in some motel to charge. Enjoy the trip............ Dr.John

Congrats on your first post, Dr. John. Also congrats on taking a nifty day trip touring Mendocino County! Now, if you could just translate your post into Boontling, that would really be impressive! (What is Boontling for Tesla?)

I was born in Lucerne! What a small world. I've driven my Tesla through there a number of times over the past 1.5 years too, but have not seen any others in Lake County.

Whats the name of the breakfast place in Boonville? Any input/color on the Compche Ukiah Rd?

Anyone familiar with the Compche Ukiah Rd from Ukiah to Mendocino? Looks interesting. Is it in good shape? Anything interesting to see/do?

The route between Mendocino and Ukiah is actually made up of two local roads, Comptche Ukiah Road between Mendocino and Comptche (a small hamlet with convenience store and post office), and Orr Springs Road between Comptche and Ukiah. (A third road from Comptche, Flynn Creek Road, provides a connection to Route 253.)

Both roads are paved, but Comptche Ukiah Road is wider and somewhat straighter. Portions of Orr Springs Road are very narrow (no center stripe) with some sharp hairpin turns. It can be slow going, but is the shortest route between Ukiah and Mendocino.

The only two real destinations on the route are Orr Hot Springs and Montgomery Woods State Reserve, located a few miles from each other about halfway between Ukiah and Comptche. Orr Hot Springs is quite rustic, and has both private and clothing-optional communal baths, as well as cabins that can be rented. Orr Hot Springs Resort

If you drive the road, definitely stop at Montgomery Woods. This is a is popular day hike destination for locals. There is a 1.8 mile loop trail which climbs up and into small, deep valley containing a grove of very tall redwood trees (these were the tallest trees of any species known in the world for a few years before some taller ones were found in remote areas of other parks farther north). Montgomery Woods State Natural Reserve

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones
Slowest supercharger of our road trip from Minneapolis at roughly 200 mi/hr at low state of charge... Also no dining or convenience amenities... Public park restrooms across the street (filthy)

Sorry your experience was not great, but I certainly don't understand the "no dining" part. Schat's Bakery is very close, great place for coffee or a snack. Also, Patron is a wonderful restaurant about 2 1/2 blocks away. I don't remember at the moment what the Ukiah Brewing Company is now, but if their food is anywhere near as good as the brew pub was, it would be worth a stop. Good barbecue on Perkins St two or three blocks down. Plus, Round Table Pizza is quite close and, if you are up for a 10 minute walk, Ellie's Mutt Hut (excellent vegetarian if desired, hot dogs for kids of all ages...) is nearby. I don't know what kind of dining you were looking for, but those cover just about any taste and would be my recommendations as a former Ukiah resident. All have rest rooms available.

Also no dining or convenience amenities.
I have been to that Supercharger and there are a variety of dining choices within a few blocks of that location. I'm sure they all have restrooms for their patrons.

You didn't say what time of day you were charging, but if it was very late at night or very early in the morning than of course those dining locations may not be open.

Last week I stopped at the Ukiah supercharger and backed in normally, not realizing that the pavement was buckled at station 2A. Pulling out, I heard a scraping sound, the result being:

Ukiah2775.jpg

Ukiah2773.jpg

Ukiah2774.jpg

Added a CAUTION note on both Plugshare and the superchargers app. Sent a note to Tesla on Sunday but haven't heard back from them.

Just a warning note in case they haven't fixed this yet.

• Informative
Reactions: e-FTW
mmm Food, Chop Chop(same owner as Patrona -Craig) is very tasty & my current favorite, Saucy is pretty good too & large assortment of west coast stuff on tap. The bakery is good in the AM or whenever, decent variety of foods.
Medocino to Ukiah - Last week I drove from Eureka down Hwy 1 to Fort Bragg and then onto Mendocino taking Comptche/Ukiah to Ukiah. Super fun road and the coastal side (Comptche) is paved very well, Orr Springs part is a bit hairy but beautiful. Just don't hit any of the bumpy/patched Asphalt corners too fast where you need to brake into a corner...doesn't work too well.

Just stopped here for the first time, and here is my personal favorite spot to eat at: the very nice park across the street!
A couple of benches in the shade, our cooler with food and drinks, birds catching flies (Flycatchers or Say's Phoebes me thinks) and a dog area if you have one.
10/10 would recommend.

Reactions: Zextraterrestrial
All but two stalls ICEd. Fortunately, one stall was available for us. 6 of the 8 stalls can be used for two hour general parking. Two stalls TESLA only - one of which was ICEd!
YUK!
that sucks. The city is supposed to reevaluate the general parking in the other 6. they would only give Tesla 2 specific spaces originally thinking that no one would be using them. I almost always see at least 3-4 cars there, and that has been quite a few months...no 3's around then