Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stopped by at 2:00 Dec 3. Looks complete. The hoods on the cabinets are in their proper positions, the big new cabinet is all locked up and the bark dust is spread. Signs up limiting parking to 60 minutes, nothing about charging use only. Too wet for any painting of the blacktop. A couple of concrete columns with conduit sticking out, area lighting I assume.

KIMG0472.jpg KIMG0473.jpg KIMG0476.jpg

Attachments

• KIMG0474.jpg
    KIMG0474.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 80
Crap...60 minutes general parking. Everyone get ready for these spots to be ICE'd on a regular basis.
It is by an entrance road and at the garden center end, about as far from a main entrances as you can get. The opposite end of Freddies has the Starbucks. Car were parked on the next row on a Sunday afternoon so there may still be ICE demand for the spots.

I was there Black Friday afternoon (so well after the rush, but still a busy time) when the contractor had pushed the fence back to the curb and there were only 3-4 cars using these spaces, multiple ‘regular’ spaces still open was well, so think it will be ok under most situations.

It would do well to get a copy of the law mentioned in link below for reference. It is against the law to be parked in a recharging stall without being plugged in. Looks like EV's need to comply also. See (2) in the law. This is Washington State law. It might be a good idea to have the law printed up on cards and a copy left on the window of offenders. Save the guns and swords until after the escalation!<G>

RCW 46.08.185: Electric vehicle charging stations—Signage—Penalty.

Don
Vancouver, WA

• Informative
Reactions: pdx3181 and IdaX
It would do well to get a copy of the law mentioned in link below for reference. It is against the law to be parked in a recharging stall without being plugged in. Looks like EV's need to comply also. See (2) in the law. This is Washington State law. It might be a good idea to have the law printed up on cards and a copy left on the window of offenders. Save the guns and swords until after the escalation!<G>

RCW 46.08.185: Electric vehicle charging stations—Signage—Penalty.

Don
Vancouver, WA
Law does not apply in this case. There is not only lacking signage, but the signage that is present states it is ok to park there.

Reactions: melindav
Electric vehicle charging stations—Signage—Penalty.
(1) An electric vehicle charging station must be indicated by vertical signage identifying the station as an electric vehicle charging station and indicating that it is only for electric vehicle charging. etc

It says MUST be signed. Doesn't say public so even destination and private charging stations must be signed? Do I have to paint my garage floor green? Not a bad idea.......

I was there Black Friday afternoon (so well after the rush, but still a busy time) when the contractor had pushed the fence back to the curb and there were only 3-4 cars using these spaces, multiple ‘regular’ spaces still open was well, so think it will be ok under most situations.
I agree. When I have been by, the nearby regular parking in this corner of the lot has been relatively empty. The most reliable way to keep charging spaces unICEd is to have them occupied by charging EVs, of course. I have not seen ICEing at busy superchargers in California. As this site gets busier, I expect ICEing to diminish.

Awesome. Is it operational tonight?
No, the power company is done. No time of day metering even for a 750KVA system. "Cheap" hydro power. The fences are still up. He thought a day or two. There were quite a few cars parked nearby on a weekday. i wonder if they are employees parking away from the main entrances? I told the library to be ready for out of town guests staying 1/2 hour or so. Maybe I will suggest an automotive & travel reading nook. They used to be almost 100% hydro from BPA.

Clark Public Utilities' 2015 Energy Resources
Hydro 52.8 percent
Natural Gas 34.0 percent
Coal 6.9 percent
Nuclear 5.8 percent

If the meter is in place and the power is on, then we are waiting for the Tesla supercharger tech to test and activate the site. On that day, the number/letter stickers (1A, 1B, 2A, etc.) are applied to the charging bollards. Once you see those, there is good chance you will be able to charge, unless there is some unforeseen problem with the quality of the power supply. Usually the site will show up on Nav within 24 hours of activation. Hopefully, they aren't waiting until the new area lighting is installed, but who knows?