Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sigh. So close.
I'm afraid that it's not close.

For some reason all the Supercharger progress in the PNW grounded to a halt, and I believe it's all because of missing parts from Tesla.

The Lynnwood Supercharger is mostly finished, but progress is halted
This Vancouver Supercharger is mostly finished, but progress is halted
The Issaquah Supercharger had stuff on the lot, but then it was all quickly put away.

Tesla - The Grinch that stole the supercharger Christmas

Reactions: IdaX and Mattzilla
It may just be the time of year and availability of contractors. Here in my town there was a bunch of roadwork going on until this week. A major railroad crossing was closed for 6 weeks and traffic was diverted close to a mile out of the way. Last time I was through there (a couple of days ago), the work was far from done. They got the railroad crossing opened, redid the lanes to divert traffic onto the newly paved portion and rope off the next part of the job, then they packed up and left. There was no work going on.

This time of year retail is going bonkers, but most other businesses are fairly quiet with a lot of people taking vacation. It may be that Tesla can't find contractors willing and able to do the work right now. It may also be that the regulatory agencies they need to work with to get permits, inspections, etc. are short staffed due to vacations and nothing is happening on that end.

Argh. Heading down to Vancouver on Xmas day. Was hoping to bypass Centralia.

Tesla couldn't deliver ice on time to Eskimos.

As to the location getting iced: it's Vancouver. DudeBros in F150s are guaranteed to park there to stick it to [insert stereotypical stereotype here].

IMG_8706.JPG
Working

But is it officially open yet? I wouldn't think so with construction stuff still blocking at least one stall and the lighting is still incomplete. So it may get turned off at any time without notice. (So don't count on it until it shows as official.)

Reactions: BerTX

You're implying that I don't pass.

That's okay. It's better than when I drive my mom, and she yells at me with "You know, you don't have to pass EVERYONE".

Now on the topic of keeping to the right I'm pretty German like about it. The left lane campers have no idea how badly they screw up traffic flow.

To me there are only a few valid excuses for not getting over, and passing at .2mph speed differential isn't one of them. Those are the ones that drive me nuts the most. Oh, and the semitrucks that try to pass when there are only two lanes. They don't seem to get that there is also a rule that the trucks can't be in the left lane.