Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any updates on this SC location? I'm picking up my CPO MS85 on Thursday and driving from Vancouver to Vancouver on Friday!! 2 more sleeps!
If you're picking it up in Portland (or Vancouver or wherever), call ahead and ask them to be sure to have it charged enough so that you can reach the Centralia supercharger. The customers service at Tesla service centers is generally pretty good but I've been surprised at how they often give me my car back with <50% charge.

Reactions: otter
The service center can return the car with the battery drained a bit, but I've never had it too bad. I think Portland is more aware of this. But I think the Portland service center probably services a lot of cars that live a long ways from the service center too. On the PDX Tesla group there are a lot of owners in Bend and Eugene, but there aren't many Teslas in Washington outside a 50 mile radius from one of the Seattle service centers and Clark County region (serviced by Portland).

I saw my dentist today and he has a P85D. He was unaware of this supercharger going in, but he was jazzed. He said his father has an X and lives in Salmon Creek.

Thanks for the update all. I'm picking up car in Vancouver, BC and going to Vancouver, Wa. The new charger would have been handy but not essential. Looking forward to the drive and charging network!
You should just charge in Arlington and Centralia on the way down then (and Tsawwassen or Burlington if necessary). Get a full charge in Centralia and maybe just drive the speed limit from Centralia to Vancouver. That way you have enough to get back up to Centralia after you stay in Vancouver. This of course is assuming you have no charging options while in Vancouver.

Even if wherever you are staying has no electric vehicle charging infrastructure, you should try to see if you can park near a regular 120V outlet for a trickle charge over night. Topping up on a level 1 charger can be the difference between being able to drive straight back to Centralia or having to detour to Woodburn or some other type of charger before heading home.

Thanks for the update all. I'm picking up car in Vancouver, BC and going to Vancouver, Wa. The new charger would have been handy but not essential. Looking forward to the drive and charging network!
I will say that in the same parking lot with the soon-to-be-open SC, there are at least 2 Blink chargers (right in front of the Fred Meyer store), so you could consider going that route. There are also other chargers in the nearby vicinity -- PlugShare shows a bunch, some of which may even be zero cost!

Our first trip in our brand new X was from Portland to Vancouver, BC about a year ago and we had no issue at all using existing SC network. I was a bit worried about charging in Vancouver but the airport has chargers and we were going there anyway for our NEXUS interviews.

We took delivery a year ago yesterday and couldn't be happier :)

Reactions: TechVP and IdaX
I will say that in the same parking lot with the soon-to-be-open SC, there are at least 2 Blink chargers (right in front of the Fred Meyer store), so you could consider going that route. There are also other chargers in the nearby vicinity -- PlugShare shows a bunch, some of which may even be zero cost!
In my opinion, Blink facilities should NEVER be "Plan A". They are just too unreliable. Personally I don't have them as "Plan B", either.