Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Vienna, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah TMC notifications are spotty. I use "What's New" on the second nav. bar and pick "Unread Watched Threads".

Tyson's West is almost done, so is Pike 7 Plaza.

Still think having a CHAdeMO adapter is worth it, even with the price, reliability, and usability issues DCFC networks have.

Reactions: Big Earl
I stopped by the site this morning. Construction on the WAWA building has started, but no evidence that the Supercharger has begun. I think that the orange cone was a bit premature.
Would the Superchargers be open before the site is? If that’s Spring, no reason it can’t be under construction for that long. Right?

Reactions: BlueRidgeksky
Tequila Grande across the street has good Mexican, But I don't even know if there still open the whole corner there was to be torn down and replaced with a new Hotel or condo. Italian Gourmet is good.
The best of all... Pie Gourmet bakery is across the street. You will see the big line ups at holiday times. Doubt you will find better pie anywhere - (not that this thread should turn into debate on pie...)

Reactions: boaterva
Agreed -- MicroCenter is too far to reach while charging. I haven't been to the Italian Gourmet -- looks pretty good -- but I also have to give a shout out to Amphora Restaurant, just a block to the northeast on Maple Ave. It's a traditional diner and it's open 24 hours -- not all that different from what I grew up with in NJ. Good option if you need a longer charge.

I like Wawa's sandwiches and other made-to-order food well enough, but their big downside in my view is most (all?) of them lack of any seating, indoor or outdoor, which makes it less convenient to eat while charging. Interestingly, one of the documents attached to the Vienna permit site shows a small seating area inside...
View attachment 462063
I think average walking speed is about 20 minutes per mile. By the time you got to MicroCenter (which is way at the back of PanAM) and assuming you got across Lee Highway alive, you'd be getting the Charge Complete message from Tesla.

OTOH the Italian Gourmet in the shopping center across the street is very good (or used to be a few years back when I patronized it regularly).

I was the person that talked about having an SC site near Micro Center. I NEVER indicated that I planned to go to the SC and then go to Micro Center while the car is charging. Everyone just decided that and even though I have stated the obvious people are talking about walking speed to MC from the SC, etc.

STOP - I meant I could go to Micro Center and then I could stop at the V3 SC and get 150 to 200 miles of charge in 15 to 20 minutes on my way back home - about enough time to go into Wawa and order food and something to drink. That eliminates the 15 minute stop at Mc Donalds or at Burger King on the way home after Micro Center.

Of course if you want to hit Micky D's and MicroCenter whilst charging there's
Untitled5.png

• Informative
Reactions: jthompson
I was the person that talked about having an SC site near Micro Center. I NEVER indicated that I planned to go to the SC and then go to Micro Center while the car is charging. Everyone just decided that and even though I have stated the obvious people are talking about walking speed to MC from the SC, etc.

Funny the direction a misinterpreted comment can take. Frankly I didn't even realize the first mention of MicroCenter was back in July, I just saw the 9/28 post asserting it's too far to walk from there to the Wawa, agreed (as it seems we all do), and I tried to suggest some places that are closer and throw in the note about Wawa seating. Anyway, sorry for piling on to prolong the misinterpretation. :) This sort of thing does tend to happen here when lots of people are waiting a long time for a supercharger to open...