Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - West Lebanon NH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
West Lebanon started construction on May 12, so that is how long construction has been going on.

Sure, but the number is actually how many days the site has been listed on supercharge.info as under construction. Sometimes that accurately reflects how many days the site has actually been under construction, but often it's a much smaller number. See, for instance, the Mountain View, CA entry which shows 3 days under construction at the moment, but it's almost complete. Perhaps I'm being excessively picky about definitions here. Sorry.

Sure, but the number is actually how many days the site has been listed on supercharge.info as under construction. Sometimes that accurately reflects how many days the site has actually been under construction, but often it's a much smaller number. See, for instance, the Mountain View, CA entry which shows 3 days under construction at the moment, but it's almost complete. Perhaps I'm being excessively picky about definitions here. Sorry.

You are very correct and precise on that. In fact, I looked at the average time from "Construction" to "Open" on Supercharge.Info. The average is 33 days, but what is very interesting is that it is almost a uniform distribution from 0 to 40 days, implying that discoveries come almost anywhere and uniformly over the construction cycle.

I'm pretty sure the start of construction dates on supercharge.info are just the dates that Blueshift changed the site status, and don't indicate the specific dates that construction started. Blueshift changes the state when there are eyewitness reports of construction starting, newspaper reports, etc.

So Mountain View shows 3 days under construction because the site status was changed on supercharge.info 3 days ago, not necessarily because construction started 3 days ago. Blueshift posted 3 days ago that he received an email mentioning that construction had started on Mountain View: Supercharger - Mountain View, CA

We had a report from a Tesla rep that construction was going to start 5/11. Hcsharp stopped by on 5/12 and reported that construction was underway. The status on supercharge.info changed 5/12 as a result.

I stopped by yesterday evening. Not much progress; the site doesn't look much different than PeterK's photos, above. There looked to be some signs of fresh concrete in the bottom of the bollard forms (hopefully not mud that washed into the holes during the 1" of rain Wed), but it was hard to tell if it was silt/mud or wet concrete.

I may be going to Best Buy to recycle some TV's Sunday. I'll look to see if the holes are full of cured concrete, or dried silt.

I stopped by yesterday evening. Not much progress; the site doesn't look much different than PeterK's photos, above. There looked to be some signs of fresh concrete in the bottom of the bollard forms (hopefully not mud that washed into the holes during the 1" of rain Wed), but it was hard to tell if it was silt/mud or wet concrete.

I may be going to Best Buy to recycle some TV's Sunday. I'll look to see if the holes are full of cured concrete, or dried silt.
So after a further check, it looks like it was just mud/silt at the bottom of the holes. It doesn't look like there's been any progress in the last week.

Disappointing more progress wasn't made last week. I'm sure that the logistics involved in these projects is complex, but I'm still impatient! I'm trying hard not to get my hopes up too high for an opening in June, but man would that be sweet.

Progress!

I was at the site this afternoon. Lots of progress in the last week and a half!

Completed:
  • All concrete work done.
  • Bollards and 2 light post foundations installed
  • All trenches backfilled and re-paved
  • Switchgear and supercharger cabinets installed
  • Fence around the equipment done
What's left:
  • No wiring has been installed to/from the equipment pad. All the conduits are taped off with pullstrings installed
  • No transformer on-site
Maybe it will be done in time for VT folks to go to the Sunapee car show :wink:

Charging stations:
2015-06-16 14.40.44 (Large).jpg

2015-06-16 14.38.59 (Large).jpg

Equipment pad (the fence gates were unlocked, so I could get photos of the equipment)
2015-06-16 14.39.23 (Large).jpg

2015-06-16 14.40.02 (Large).jpg

2015-06-16 14.40.09 (Large).jpg

2015-06-16 14.39.40 (Large).jpg

Empty transformer pad:
2015-06-16 14.41.36 (Large).jpg

2015-06-16 14.41.47 (Large).jpg

I was at the site this afternoon. Lots of progress in the last week and a half!

What's left:
  • No wiring has been installed to/from the equipment pad. All the conduits are taped off with pullstrings installed
  • No transformer on-site..

Thanks for the update. Is the utility the same as the one in Hookset? iirc, there was little delay for the twin Hookset sites to have their transformers installed.