Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - West Lebanon NH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus

No updates? T-3.5 weeks for me until I need this SC.

I could use it next Thursday or Sunday , though Hooksett will work if West Leb's not open.

Christmas comes 6 months early, and Santa brings all good Tesla owners a transformer for West Lebanon!

2015-06-25 12.32.50-1 (Large).jpg

On Monday, there was no change (so I didn't bother with a "no change" post). I dropped by an hour or so ago, and the transformer was on the pad, with the secondary side door open (3 phases and neutral look connected), and 2 guys were working on the primary wires at the pole.

There were 4 guys in the lot, cleaning up some of the mess. I asked them if they knew when it would be switched on, but all they'd say was "soon".

I'll be back this evening; I'll look and see if the bollards are lit up.

Hard to tell, but it looks like the center one (4th from either end) might have had the cable installed backwards. I saw this at the new Charlotte, NC supercharger. The cable was installed so that the plug would naturally lay backwards and had to be twisted around to be hung up. Might not be great for the cable long term.
I didn't think to check the orientation of the center cable when I was there today. They did have the cover off the one at the end (furthest from the equipment pad), but I didn't see anything obvious being done to it.

They didn't seem to talkative, and it was hard to carry on a conversation with one of my dogs barking in my ear, anyway.

Not a Tesla owner but I came across this thread searching for info on the charging station going in and though it worth an update. Someone just posted this picture to an Upper Valley facebook group I belong to.

Screen Shot 2015-06-25 at 2.37.53 PM.png

photo by Ed Ashey

This is in the Price Chopper parking lot on 12A, in the area of the parking lot closest to 12A itself. It's across the street from Home Depot, and Koto.

DC metro to Hayward, WI, back through Chicago, then to Hebron, NH, cherry hill, NJ, back to DC.

I understand that you need West Leb for your Chicago to Hebron stretch, but why don't you pass by Albany, Brattleboro & Hooksett SC? (actually, you can even skip the Brattleboro SC).

But anyway, West Leb should be up and running by the time you'll need it :)

Last edited:
That's because the utility runs them up the pole, mounts them, fuses them, and connects it up.
I thought the utility delivered and installed the transformer and handled all the primary side wiring. I assumed the guys working on the HV feeders when I was there would have been the crew that connected them (but I have no idea what I'm talking about).

Now that I think about it, IIRC, the same thing happened at Hooksett northbound. I stopped by right as the PSNH crew was finishing up installing the transformer and running the HV cables to the pole. I was surprised that they didn't finish, but they said another crew did the final connection at the pole. I think that took a few days.

I sent a note to the supercharger team asking about West Lebanon. I wasn't expecting a concrete answer, but they did say they believed it would be online prior to my trip (3 weeks from today), with a disclaimer that could always change without notice.

I sent a note to the supercharger team asking about West Lebanon. I wasn't expecting a concrete answer, but they did say they believed it would be online prior to my trip (3 weeks from today), with a disclaimer that could always change without notice.

Not concrete, but more forthcoming than in the past. Perhaps Tesla is opening up on info, even if just a little.

Ahhh, the irony - heading to just South of West Leb tomorrow, and Montreal the next day. We will likely ICE the trio as we can readily shoot from a full destination charge to Montreal, but coming back we wish to shoot straight to Boston, and no SC in West Leb makes that harder. So a final ICE trip north. There it is.

IGA and all - appreciate the West Leb updates. If you find out we are online by Tuesday morning, PM me!
These are good days.

I suspect this will be my last update before West Lebanon goes live. I was there this morning, and it looks like they've finished up and are waiting for final connection/testing. Changes since my last visit (last Thursday):
  • They have cleaned up all the construction debris, sealcoated the parking spaces, painted all the lines, and put up the signs. It does look like you can charge from either side if need be.
  • 4 spaces (closest to the equipment pad) signed "Tesla vehicle charging only", other 4 signed "Tesla 30 minute general parking"
  • Hardware (latches and padlocks) installed on all enclosure gates.
  • Some prep work appears to have been done on the pole and some termination on the wires (see below), but I'm not sure what I'm looking at.
Today's pictures:

All done...
2015-06-29 10.33.59 (Large).jpg

Signs (not that y'all haven't seen them before):
2015-06-29 10.35.43-A.jpg

Details of HV connections (hanging "stuff" inside plastic bags):
2015-06-29 10.38.14-A.jpg

2015-06-29 10.38.14-1-A.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Hard to tell, but it looks like the center one (4th from either end) might have had the cable installed backwards. I saw this at the new Charlotte, NC supercharger. The cable was installed so that the plug would naturally lay backwards and had to be twisted around to be hung up. Might not be great for the cable long term.
I looked at all 8 cables today. They all look normal (not twisted like your NC picture).

• 4 spaces (closest to the equipment pad) signed "Tesla vehicle charging only", other 4 signed "Tesla 30 minute general parking"...

Signs (not that y'all haven't seen them before):
View attachment 85696

Thanks for the update. Actually, I'm not sure that I've ever seen the mention of "Charging only" on the red Tesla signs. In places where ICEing has been a problem, I've seen additional signs signaling "Charging only," but not on the red signs themselves.

The one exception might be the "30-minute limit Active Charging Only" signs (or something like that) observed at the Mall South of Denver, CO. Anyway, the addition of the word "only" takes an excuse away from ICErs.

the last picture with the wires hanging on the pole, shows the high voltage terminations have been done to the coaxial HV cable, it has a ground surounding the center, and is a real PITA to work with, I had the opportunity several years ago to do the pole top and vault end of those HV coaxial cables.. sandpaper and lots of patience is involved (to remove the coating on the shield). the utility will run those up the pole and mount them, connect the grounds comming from each pole top connector to ground (this is done for RF reduction), and connect each phase through a fuse.. then plug in the right angle HV connectors to the transformer, and it will be live.