Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - West Yellowstone, MT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And then didn't get the 12V jumped and was bricked at the supercharger. This happened to me once, but at least I had the tow truck driver park me in one stall :)
I was gonna ask…why wouldn’t the car be charging if it was towed to the supercharger because it was out of juice? You’re saying if the 12V was totally dead the car wouldn’t be able to supercharge? Yikes!

I was gonna ask…why wouldn’t the car be charging if it was towed to the supercharger because it was out of juice? You’re saying if the 12V was totally dead the car wouldn’t be able to supercharge? Yikes!

Yes, but all one has to do is jump the 12 volt. Any tow truck driver can do that. They must have not known their 12 volt had died on the trip there.

Yes, but all one has to do is jump the 12 volt. Any tow truck driver can do that. They must have not known their 12 volt had died on the trip there.
I've had to get towed to a supercharger 3 times (miles left on the gauge every time... clearly an issue with my car). The first time the car immediately took a supercharge so the 12V apparently didn't need a jump. The 2nd time it wouldn't and the tow truck driver drove off. I didn't know enough to ask him to jump the 12V and he didn't know anything about Tesla, so I was stuck there overnight and a ranger came and helped me out the next morning. The 3rd time it wouldn't supercharger, but the tow truck driver and I both knew to jump the 12V. It took a long time (like 30 minutes), but eventually it got enough juice and started supercharging.

Went thru there on my current 45 state trip (of the goal of 50 this year). Park was definitely much busier than last year. But I was the only one at the charger.
About halfway thru the tour (now outside D.C.) and surprised that none of my charging locations so far have been a problem with accessibility.
Heading south now, then west back to California.

Reactions: goneskiian
Surprised why? Certainly you didn't think Iowa superchargers would be like California superchargers...
I do find that funny how many California Tesla owners think that's the norm all across the country. I have a friend in rural Indiana who just got a used Tesla and is asking about if there is a nod or wave, since she has now seen one or two others.

Unless
58842F44-E613-48FB-8ED5-4F0419B0026A.jpeg

I do find that funny how many California Tesla owners think that's the norm all across the country. I have a friend in rural Indiana who just got a used Tesla and is asking about if there is a nod or wave, since she has now seen one or two others.
The waves were standard practice even in Seattle back in 2016 and 2017. They went away almost instantly with the introduction of the Model 3.

Reactions: henderrj