Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Willow Beach, AZ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

PLUS EV

Running on Empty
Sep 16, 2016
Seattle
Just wanted to start a new thread for this one as we seem to have credible information that a supercharger will go in here:

Shell Service Station
12683 White Hills Rd
Willow Beach, AZ 86445

This Shell station is owned by the same people who own the Shell stations in New River and Tacna where superchargers have opened recently. Two different posters have said they have some knowledge that a supercharger will go in at the Willow Beach location as well.

I drove by on March 1st and will post the pics I took below. In the middle pic of the entire gas station, the likely site (with the excavator and conduit) is on the extreme right of the picture, somewhat obscured by two vans that were parked there to fill their tires with air. There was no Tesla gear on site, but it definitely looked like it had supercharger potential being a nice new facility with transformers and some conduit sticking out of the ground. Hopefully others who pass through can stop in and check and take pics if anything has changed recently.

Last edited:
B6E8668C-8989-44CB-8553-4E1629DE682E.jpeg
EAC18614-23C8-40B8-8E66-C0C5071970DE.jpeg
2D15C30B-67A1-49DE-990D-52D564058B54.jpeg

I’m not 100% sure, but I think this Supercharger is under construction. From some photos posted on PlugShare this morning (@Nyroc), I saw that there are +/- 8 stubs sticking out of the concrete, plus what like looks like enough space for 2 transformers.

The reason I’m not entirely sure that this is a Supercharger, is because the PlugShare member who posted the photos said that this was a Greenlots FC installation. Thoughts?
34DC28B0-05A8-4E2F-8B26-9F4726426207.jpeg
44FE5EF0-F3F4-442D-BBF0-45DAB9D7F632.jpeg

I've only seen images of SC construction on this site and I'm a relatively recent addition to the forum. I've only seen the elliptical bases for SC pedestals. These stub-ups lack those bases.
The elliptical bases are only used when there isn't space on the concrete to place a Supercharger, like on grass for example.

I've seen this type of installation at most of the TCan Superchargers, and although there is no Tesla equipment on site, I'd bet it's a Supercharger. One, because of the conduit placement and second, as @sdoorex explained, there aren't usually 8 Greenlots chargers in one place, at least I've never heard of an 8 stall Greenlots station. I'll be adding this on Supercharge Info tomorrow, if you guys approve.

Does this guy own any more shell stations in AZ? One more town I didn't know existed in AZ, although I've driven through there a few times.
It isn’t a town lol. Just a name on a map. I have driven this route close to a hundred times and had never heard of Willow Beach either. I’m guessing the “beach” is some place down on the river and this gas station is up on the highway nearby.

• Funny
Reactions: Big Ike and tmoz