Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Wilson, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wilson & Wade, as well as the second location in Lexington, now all say “Target opening in 2024”. No specific quarter mentioned.

Attachments

• IMG_1882.jpeg
    IMG_1882.jpeg
    206.4 KB · Views: 53
Thank you for the report and welcome to the forum!

I saw "Circle K" and thought, hmmm, this could be one of their own sites going in, as they've been deploying high-power CCS lately. But I checked their map and Wilson NC is not one of the locations that's getting it. Just FYI that this being one of their own CCS sites is unlikely. Of course if Tesla's install turns out to have Magic Dock then there'd be little point to also install a CCS site.

"Robbie Craft, regional category manager for Circle K, said the 24-vehicle charging station will be the largest supercharging site in North Carolina"

Oops! Maybe not.. the Raleigh North Hills locations is also 24 chargers although it was originally 12 150kW v2 Chargers and they added 12 additional 12 250kW v3 chargers later to bring the total to 24.

Either way, this seems like it should be a heavily used location and a good "jump point" to/from the Bucee's SC location which is about 140 miles away for those traveling on the rt95 Corridor.

Non Tesla chargers are being installed now.

Whhhaaaat? From my post here a few months ago:

I saw "Circle K" and thought, hmmm, this could be one of their own sites going in, as they've been deploying high-power CCS lately. But I checked their map and Wilson NC is not one of the locations that's getting it. Just FYI that this being one of their own CCS sites is unlikely. Of course if Tesla's install turns out to have Magic Dock then there'd be little point to also install a CCS site.

Well, I just checked again, and now this Wilson NC site DOES appear on the Circle K map, with "4x CCS 180kW". OK then :) The 24 stations originally proposed was for 20xTesla + 4xCCS ...

Last edited: