Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Winnipeg, MB

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, we need this. I was down to 46 km when I started trying to charge last night. After unsuccessful tries at 2 chargers I was down to 30 km. If that 3rd charger hadn't worked I would have headed to a slower charger elsewhere, to sit there in the cold for hours.

I did get a cost statement at the charger that worked. Correction to my previous post: that charger, the second one from the west end, is 1B.

• Informative
Reactions: Manitoba Keith
I tried the first 3 chargers on the east side that I have used before and got nothing today. Gave up and now I am at the airport destination chargers getting 60k/hour. If you have not used the airport chargers,, you can find them under the control tower on the south side before the former bus terminal. There is a dead end and its awkward to drive in and and turn around in the space with a construction fence on one side. If there is no traffic around I back in. To get there take the arrival pickup lane(not departures, 2nd floor). Parking while charging is free and you have access to the airport, restaurants and hotels.

Last edited:
For Those that dont know about the level 3 charger at the red river college, if you contact the info on the sign to let them know you will be using it, you then just use plug share to sign in and out.

unfortunately this thing is tempermental but is great when it works!

I tried again today at 4 chargers from one end to the other and got nothing. On plugshare reports of poor charging started Jan 8 and no successful charges since then. Does this have to be reported or does Tesla have the data? I am pretty disappointed to see this as I am planning a big trip this week and its fricking cold. I may have to leave sooner to make up time lost to level 2 charging. The on screen still says 4 of 8 Stalls available 250kW max. Finding out that a supercharger is down only after arriving is making me nervous. The on screen navigations shows up to 18 supercharger stops for my trip.

Last edited:
What about the two on the west end that were reported to work?
You say you tried 4 of the 8.
What direction are you going? If you are heading west, Portage isn't that far, if East, then Prawda isn't that far.
South is a different story though.

I have a Dr's. appointment in Winnipeg on Thursday and it is supposed to be pretty darn cold then, with -25C overnight.
I'll charge in Portage on my way in as well as back again I guess. I'll try the Winnipeg Polo Park charger also just to be certain.
If I don't have enough, I'll stop in at 4 Way Motors in MacGregor for a while.

Would be nice if someone else checked on Wednesday and reported here.
I wonder, can you do something with a report from inside the car? Service or whatever.
I tried calling Tesla but got a "sad" response from their automated system.
Thanks @ThrivingFox for your tip on the former airport Bus Depot charger.

What about the two on the west end that were reported to work?
You say you tried 4 of the 8.
What direction are you going? If you are heading west, Portage isn't that far, if East, then Prawda isn't that far.
South is a different story though.

I have a Dr's. appointment in Winnipeg on Thursday and it is supposed to be pretty darn cold then, with -25C overnight.
I'll charge in Portage on my way in as well as back again I guess. I'll try the Winnipeg Polo Park charger also just to be certain.
If I don't have enough, I'll stop in at 4 Way Motors in MacGregor for a while.

Would be nice if someone else checked on Wednesday and reported here.
I wonder, can you do something with a report from inside the car? Service or whatever.
I tried calling Tesla but got a "sad" response from their automated system.
Thanks @ThrivingFox for your tip on the former airport Bus Depot charger.
The four Destination Chargers at the airport are the fastest Level 2 I’ve seen. 61km/hour is good. Polo Park does have a CHAdeMO capable of 200km/hour but it’s pricey(and you load money in to your account) and you need the $600 adapter.

Too bad about the SuC unreliability. There are many posts and threads about poor response from Tesla. Sooner or later poor customer service will come back to bite them hard. Should @MarcoRP be informed that these chargers are not working?

I tried again today at 4 chargers from one end to the other and got nothing. On plugshare reports of poor charging started Jan 8 and no successful charges since then. Does this have to be reported or does Tesla have the data? I am pretty disappointed to see this as I am planning a big trip this week and its fricking cold. I may have to leave sooner to make up time lost to level 2 charging. The on screen still says 4 of 8 Stalls available 250kW max. Finding out that a supercharger is down only after arriving is making me nervous. The on screen navigations shows up to 18 supercharger stops for my trip.

I would trust PlugShare to give the most accurate, current reports. It’s not 100%, but it’s good.

Reactions: XHabjab
Too bad about the SuC unreliability. There are many posts and threads about poor response from Tesla. Sooner or later poor customer service will come back to bite them hard. Should @MarcoRP be informed that these chargers are not working?
I think it is already. I almost never bought due to their response or lack of. If they are worth more than GM & Ford, they need to act like a responsible and caring company. I feel the phone system is designed to eliminate human response to customers. When we were in Atlanta last month, we stopped at the sales location in downtown Atlanta. I needed an adapter as I had lost mine. The guy there called the service center and got no reply. Said "They must be busy!" . We drove the 30 or so miles to the service center and there were 2 customers there. I was one of them. Not busy at all. Just dodging customers on the phone. Service was great there though.

Put it on PlugShare first. It’s more convenient from in the car and much more widely seen across the community.

I use plugshare,, but how realistic is to check every charger before driving to it I would think Tesla would have realtime data as the on screen does give some data 4 of 8 available(yet none are functional). For my trip with up to 18 Supercharger stops for the long route or fewer using ChaDEmo. I guess I will be winging it and hoping they are all functional then using plugshare to find alternative if a Supercharger is down.

I use plugshare,, but how realistic is to check every charger before driving to it I would think Tesla would have realtime data as the on screen does give some data 4 of 8 available(yet none are functional). For my trip with up to 18 Supercharger stops for the long route or fewer using ChaDEmo. I guess I will be winging it and hoping they are all functional then using plugshare to find alternative if a Supercharger is down.

Id say it’s pretty realistic. Assuming it’ll be 2 hours between stops. You can check on the next stop. It takes 2 minutes. Just filter out anything except Superchargers and it’s easier still.

The first time you waste time when you find a dead charger, and need to find an alternate L2 when you could have supercharged at a different point, you’ll lose more time that a 2 minute check will ever take, even across 20 Superchargers on a long drive. It’ll have zero impact on time if a passenger can do it while you drive (or you do it while on autopilot, I suppose, though that’s obviously not recommended).

This is pretty bad.
Re-post from what I posted to the Portage Supercharger link.

Seems that Portage is "Off Line". Winnipeg is "not working". These V3 Super Chargers are not very SUPER!
Guess they are incorrectly rated at -30 degrees. They need pre-conditioners.
Sadly, it appears that in winter, I can't use my Tesla to travel 120 miles and be able to return the same day.
At least not using Tesla's Super Charging Network.

I really would like someone, well experienced, to try the second from the WEST to see if it will charge.
@Neukwen said it worked on Sunday.

@ThrivingFox says none are working.
But has not confirmed the second from the WEST as not working.

Unfortunately, it is looking like ICE weather.

• Informative
Reactions: outdoors
I hope the issue is isolated to this location. Temperature issues don't give me much confidence. Trip planning for one in the 10k range with some goals in mind timewise. Going east from here we start to get into some areas with not many high powered plug share options.

Time to mine some plugshare check in data across Northern Ontario.

Took a trip from Westman to Steinbach area early today. 440km round trip in -20 and strong wind so would need a charge along the way. Had take the Honda as I couldn't depend on the supercharger in Wpg. Disappointed but confident it'll get fixed. Wondering if it's something to do with MB Hydro connection since other provinces seem OK in the cold. Also noted app shows Portage SC as offline.