Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Woodstock, NB

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We are getting way off topic here, but even as an S owner, I have to admit, that if I were deciding between a used S75 and a LR3, I'd easily go with the 3, especially if I lived in a cold climate. It has a longer range and charges basically twice as fast now. The exception could be if you do 95+% of your driving near home. But you will definitely wish you had the 3 on any supercharging trip.

IMG_20190615_122220.jpg
IMG_20190615_122248.jpg
IMG_20190615_122254.jpg

IMG_20190615_123539.jpg

Photos,
Transformer in place, placard, workers pulling the lines from the transformer to the chargers, and the first summer lineup at the NBPower Chademo on the other side of the lot.

Attachments

• 20190626_121208.jpg
    20190626_121208.jpg
    309.3 KB · Views: 128
  • 20190626_124215.jpg
    20190626_124215.jpg
    656.7 KB · Views: 126
  • 20190626_124227.jpg
    20190626_124227.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 121
  • 20190626_124251.jpg
    20190626_124251.jpg
    311.3 KB · Views: 126
Reactions: mociaf9 and MarcoRP
Wondering if there was anything new with the SC.

Probably the biggest issue with Woodstock, like the others in NB, is waiting for the connector stalls.

If you have time, can you check La Pocatière (exit 439 off highway 20) to see if there is any construction activity there. That is listed as a possible SC site on Tesla's site. I forgot to stop there on my way by last week. There's a McDonalds/Ultramar/Tims just 500m south from the highway, and a Subway/Metro/SAQ 1 km further, which could be a possible SC location.

Reactions: MarcoRP
Probably the biggest issue with Woodstock, like the others in NB, is waiting for the connector stalls.

If you have time, can you check La Pocatière (exit 439 off highway 20) to see if there is any construction activity there. That is listed as a possible SC site on Tesla's site. I forgot to stop there on my way by last week. There's a McDonalds/Ultramar/Tims just 500m south from the highway, and a Subway/Metro/SAQ 1 km further, which could be a possible SC location.
Sorry I already passed it, I was driving dodn't go online. However for information Levy SC has 2 broken stalls which makes it pretty busy. Only 1 spot available when I stopped.

I noticed something. Maybe every body knew but me, but I was charging on 1a and 1b was already occupied and I was charging initially at 108kw at 38%.
As far as I remrmber, you couldn't charge that far before when the other was charging first. Does this come with the 150kw charging upgrade ?

I was charging on 1a and 1b was already occupied and I was charging initially at 108kw at 38%.
As far as I remrmber, you couldn't charge that far before when the other was charging first.

Most likely, the other car was near the end of its charge and drawing low power. Think of it as a limit of 130 kW - 150 kW between the two stalls. Usually, the first car is getting over 100 kW, so you just get scraps, but sometimes it is only getting 30 kW, so you can see 100 kW or more.

I was in la Pocatiere about a month ago. Definitely nothing going on then at the McDonald's or Ultramar.

I was at Salisbury yesterday and the tech who had just opened Enfield was in his car doing some complicator work.
We had a chat.
He told me that he had attempted to get 8 more pedestals so as to open Enfield, Quispam, Salisbury and Woodstock all at the same time with 4 chargers each, but had not been able to get 8 more. He said he felt opening them with 2 each was not a good idea for various reasons, and that it was his call that he made.
He also told me that we should expect that given the current massive shortage in pedestals that none of the 3 remaining will be open until August, but that they should for sure be done by the end of August. He's still trying for July, but that seems unlikely.
I am reposting the same info to all 3 affected sites now so people watching just one of them get the same info.
Cheers,
NB