Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Woodstock, NB

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do we know if these chargers are actually "tesla" chargers or at least chargers with a Tesla plug suitable for the Model 3? Do we have any idea what the KW rating of these chargers will be? Also by the look of the map, it appears there is already a Tesla Charger in Lincoln? Can anyone confirm this? Looking at chargehub, the big stop only appears to have chademo plugs? I believe the only Tesla charger is at the quality inn but it's only level 2?
When I bought my Model S in 2016, there was zero fast charging east of Riviere du Loup. By the time you purchase your Tesla, there should be more than enough fast charging in NB and NS for most needs. KW ratings won't matter too much, they'll be plenty high considering the efficiency of the Model 3. Chargers at hotels are generally a mix of universal (J1772) and Tesla, always Level 2 for overnight charging. I've not used Chargehub, but would recommend Plugshare instead. Sounds like it is more up to date.

Thanks for the response. I checked plugshare but it shows the same info as chargehub. Still not a Tesla Supercharger at the Lincoln bigstop as shown... Although I like the concept of doing my part to take care of the environment and charging from home, what interests me most about Tesla ownership is the freedom to pack up my wife and 2 kids and go on road trips around the province (or anywhere) with little to no expense aside from tire wear and minimal charging costs. However this dream is currently improbable with the current Model 3 charging infrastructure as charge times aren't quite there yet. I can occupy my kids for 20-30 minutes at a gas station but 40-60 is pushing it (presuming they had chademo capability) and it is entirely off the table if it's 4-6 hours on a level 2 charger.

Thanks for the response. I checked plugshare but it shows the same info as chargehub. Still not a Tesla Supercharger at the Lincoln bigstop as shown... Although I like the concept of doing my part to take care of the environment and charging from home, what interests me most about Tesla ownership is the freedom to pack up my wife and 2 kids and go on road trips around the province (or anywhere) with little to no expense aside from tire wear and minimal charging costs. However this dream is currently improbable with the current Model 3 charging infrastructure as charge times aren't quite there yet. I can occupy my kids for 20-30 minutes at a gas station but 40-60 is pushing it (presuming they had chademo capability) and it is entirely off the table if it's 4-6 hours on a level 2 charger.
The Supercharger is at the Big Stop between Lincoln and Oromocto. On PlugShare it's listed as "Waasis Supercharger." If it's not showing up for you on the PlugShare search, it's probably because you've got the filters set up in a way that it won't display the supercharger. Either that, or you're looking at the wrong pin. Try zooming in more as the CCS/CHAdeMO station and the Supercharger are very close geographically and one pin will overlap the other if you're not zoomed in enough to see the separation.

Reactions: MarcoRP
The Lincoln charger is operational, as well as Saint Leonard and Aulac. Looks like Woodstock, Saint John (Pisqammis) and Salisbury will all be done shortly as well as Enfield NS. All these will charge your 3 at 150kw. You shouldn't have any issue, unless you're touring the North-East of NB.

Lincoln.png

Still not a Tesla Supercharger at the Lincoln bigstop as shown...

Ensure your filters are set correctly and zoom in.

• Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP
You are right, my mistake wasn't zoomed in far enough. Pin overlap seems like a massive flaw in the map design. I would still feel a bit more comfortable if the 3 was Chademo enabled but this is a big help.
Chademo will soon only be required for day trips up North in NB. If you're staying over up there, lots of L2 options. I've emailed Tesla asking them to consider Campbellton and Miramichi as minimum requirements for new SC places, but I wouldn't expect to see anything else like that before 2021/22 after they finish the TC and NS.

You are right, my mistake wasn't zoomed in far enough. Pin overlap seems like a massive flaw in the map design. I would still feel a bit more comfortable if the 3 was Chademo enabled but this is a big help.
Just adjust your filters to only show Tesla Superchargers. Model 3 will likely be getting CHAdeMO support soon, but it's just a collection of rumours at this stage.

I will adjust the filters, thanks for the advice. My wife does have family up that way so CHAdeMO would be really nice. I emailed Tesla support last week and explained my inability to place an order till this was remedied but no response back. The way Tesla rolls out product, this could be anytime between 30 seconds from now and 2030. Might just have to stick with buying a second hand Model S. Anyone have any charge times for a Model S 70D on a CHAdeMO and the 120KW in Lincoln? I'm finding these numbers hard to get. Perticularly interested in 20-80%.

I will adjust the filters, thanks for the advice. My wife does have family up that way so CHAdeMO would be really nice. I emailed Tesla support last week and explained my inability to place an order till this was remedied but no response back. The way Tesla rolls out product, this could be anytime between 30 seconds from now and 2030. Might just have to stick with buying a second hand Model S. Anyone have any charge times for a Model S 70D on a CHAdeMO and the 120KW in Lincoln? I'm finding these numbers hard to get. Perticularly interested in 20-80%.
The Supercharger is about half the time of a Chademo, roughly.

For the record, the current theory on Model 3 + Chademo comparability is that it’ll be announced when Gigafactory 3 starts delivering in China, since they’re big on Chademo over there. Call it fall this year?

Anyone have any charge times for a Model S 70D on a CHAdeMO and the 120KW in Lincoln? I'm finding these numbers hard to get. Perticularly interested in 20-80%.
CHAdeMO speeds for a 70/75kWh battery pack are between 36 and 40 kW, due to lower nominal voltage. 70/75kWh packs usually Supercharge up to 96kW but it depends on the vintage. How often are you driving long distances that you really think this is going to preclude you from getting an EV? As an aside, I would recommend a long range Model 3 over a used Model S 70/75.

Would love a long range model 3 but the price difference combined with not being part of the federal incentive puts it too far out for me. I could see stretching it to 60 for the right model s but 70 for a long range 3 just isn't possible right now.

For your planning here is a good one. It will show you what you can and can't do :

A Better Routeplanner

For Fredericton, I can guarantee you, there is a Supercharger unless they pull it out of the ground.
As somebody mentioned before you can now drive from Montreal to Halifax on Superchargers only with a maximum strech with no superchargers of 238 km between Saint leonard NB to Lincoln NB.

Also from Fredericton, according to a better route planner, you can do Campbelton, either direct in Summer or with a stop in Saint Leonard during not ideal conditions :)

Miramichi, no problem of course !

Last edited:
For your planning here is a good one. It will show you what you can and can't do :

A Better Routeplanner

For Fredericton, I can guarantee you, there is a Supercharger unless they pull it out of the ground.
As somebody mentioned before you can now drive from Montreal to Halifax on Superchargers only with a maximum strech with no superchargers of 238 km between Saint leonard NB to Lincoln NB.

Also from Fredericton, according to a better route planner, you can do Campbelton, either direct in Summer or with a stop in Saint Leonard during not ideal conditions :)

Miramichi, no problem of course !
I hadn't looked at A Better Routeplanner before. I'm assuming there should be an app, but I couldn't find one. Is it under a different name?

CHAdeMO speeds for a 70/75kWh battery pack are between 36 and 40 kW, due to lower nominal voltage. 70/75kWh packs usually Supercharge up to 96kW but it depends on the vintage. How often are you driving long distances that you really think this is going to preclude you from getting an EV? As an aside, I would recommend a long range Model 3 over a used Model S 70/75.

Come on Ryan... You know my 75D is getting up to 110kW now. ;-)

(For those who don’t know, Tesla bumped the power at existing superchargers.)

But Ryan is right—the model 3 is a better deal all around than a used S 75. They charge even faster, plus are lighter so have longer range.

Reactions: rypalmer