Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Worcester, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

minderbinder

Supporting Member
Oct 19, 2015
Concord, MA
Didn't see this one coming (that's pronounced Wooster, for the out-of-towners). Permit for a new Neon Marketplace at 75 Quinsigamond Ave in Worcester includes an 8-stall supercharger. It's right near the highway on the map, but it's actually in the city so it isn't super easy on/off, but shouldn't be too bad. Should reduce the traffic at Auburn somewhat, though it looks like the Neon Marketplace is going to be the only thing in the immediate area.

The local paper has the story:

Despite some objections, city Zoning Board of Appeals approves Quinsigamond Avenue gas station, electric vehicle charging terminals

Interesting that the objections were to the gas station and not, as is more typical, about the chargers.

@tes-s @MarcoRP @corywright

Didn't see this one coming (that's pronounced Wooster, for the out-of-towners). Permit for a new Neon Marketplace at 75 Quinsigamond Ave in Worcester includes an 8-stall supercharger. It's right near the highway on the map, but it's actually in the city so it isn't super easy on/off, but shouldn't be too bad. Should reduce the traffic at Auburn somewhat, though it looks like the Neon Marketplace is going to be the only thing in the immediate area.

The local paper has the story:

Despite some objections, city Zoning Board of Appeals approves Quinsigamond Avenue gas station, electric vehicle charging terminals

Interesting that the objections were to the gas station and not, as is more typical, about the chargers.

@tes-s @MarcoRP @corywright
All you need is the neon with V3’s. neon has awesome brick oven pizza, good sandwiches and great coffee.

Reactions: chjch and Tdreamer
Curious if anyone near this location might be able to swing by and see if they have broken ground on the new Neon at this location yet. A building permit (for the c-store) was issued at the end of August. Only one permit so far, so likely not much going on yet....

Reactions: kayak1
I almost swung by the other night on the way back from Palmer & Sturbridge. Glad I didn't. Sadly, it looks like Neon has bailed on this project and sold off the rights to another company to do a c-store at this location (probably without a supercharger). No reason given, but my guess is Neon is dealing with the pains of rapid expansion and perhaps pulling back from a few unstarted projects for now.

I'm going to suggest the pin on supercharge.info stay there for a bit longer as the new developer gets their project off the ground to see where it goes. The story suggests the developer hopes to start next month (April '23).

Reactions: juliusa
Do we know that Yatco isn't going to do superchargers? If Neon was going to, wouldn't it stand to reason Yatco got the permits for that too?
I'm pretty sure that all superchargers that were going into Neon locations were at the request of Neon - not initiated by Tesla. Do I know the new developer of this Worcester site isn't going to work with Tesla to get a supercharger installed there? No. But there never was an official permit or site plan documenting a supercharger here - that was typically drawn up in parallel by the Tesla design team and permitted separately.

Of course if any info materializes suggesting a supercharger will show up here a pin would be recreated for the site. If anyone has any info on this happening, please feel free to share if/when found.

• Informative
Reactions: kayak1