Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Yermo, CA (LIVE 21 Nov 2017, 18 V2 Stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Eddie World on Facebook is updated and now showing that there will be a big job fair this week. Looking to fill out most of the positions required to open the facility. Not sure what that says about the Superchargers being "temporarily open" and then closing, but at least the main facility seems to still be on track.

RT

• Informative
Reactions: gene and rxlawdude
Eddie World on Facebook is updated and now showing that there will be a big job fair this week. Looking to fill out most of the positions required to open the facility. Not sure what that says about the Superchargers being "temporarily open" and then closing, but at least the main facility seems to still be on track.

RT
My guess is (as I posted above) that Tesla made an agreement to provide security if they open up just the Supercharger portion of the lot as a "temporary" measure through Jan 14th, just to get through the holidays. The temporary portion goes away if the whole site opens before then.

I was actually wondering if Tesla would be retrofitting these with solar roofs like they did in Barstow and Baker. If you really believe in solar charging, this area has consistent year-round sunshine. What reason is there to use dinosaur remains in the desert? If they retrofit, they might need to close down for a while.

To allow for the busy Thanksgiving / Christmas / New Year period?

Seems strange they would open them for 7-8 weeks and then close them down...
The Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas is between January 7th and 12th. It is has a huge number of participants who are into Consumer Electronics and therefore likely drive, or sell accessories for, Teslas. This Supercharger along with Barstow, Baker and Primm are needed to be in service to accommodate all the attendees driving to and from this convention along I-15. The Yermo temporary open window coincides with this convention.
Anyone know the status of Hesperia, CA also a "coming soon" for 2017 Supercharger site along the same I-15 corridor between the El Cajon Pass and Vegas?

Last edited:
Barston Car Port.jpg
I was actually wondering if Tesla would be retrofitting these with solar roofs like they did in Barstow and Baker. If you really believe in solar charging, this area has consistent year-round sunshine. What reason is there to use dinosaur remains in the desert? If they retrofit, they might need to close down for a while.
Solar panels are cheap, but the size of Barstow car port cover, for example, would probably allow only about 200 kWh of juice to be collected on a sunny summer day. That might charge 3-4 cars a day, so...
And to do even that, a very large battery installation would be required to store the juice for rapid charging.