Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fairfax, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I might have overlooked before, but I notice there is an indication on Tesla's website that Tysons would have superchargers soon.

When I spoke with an employee at the Tysons Corner Center Tesla showroom about expanding the number of HPWCs in the parking garage, he mentioned that they were supposed to get "something like 20 chargers" in the future. I can only assume that these will be the urban superchargers. The mall is the perfect place for a large installation of urban superchargers, so I hope he is right. This conversation happened about four months ago, so who knows what the timeline is, if true.

Reactions: boaterva
When I spoke with an employee at the Tysons Corner Center Tesla showroom about expanding the number of HPWCs in the parking garage, he mentioned that they were supposed to get "something like 20 chargers" in the future. I can only assume that these will be the urban superchargers. The mall is the perfect place for a large installation of urban superchargers, so I hope he is right. This conversation happened about four months ago, so who knows what the timeline is, if true.
Hopefully they won't be at the front at the most likely to be congested part, like the current HPWC area!

I, for one, wouldn't mind a roof area like we've seen in Boston to keep people away. :D

Hopefully they won't be at the front at the most likely to be congested part, like the current HPWC area!

I, for one, wouldn't mind a roof area like we've seen in Boston to keep people away. :D

I agree! Convenient charging station locations always result in problems with ICE drivers and even lazy Tesla drivers. I don't mind a bit of a walk if it will increase charging station availability.

Reactions: DFibRL8R
I agree! Convenient charging station locations always result in problems with ICE drivers and even lazy Tesla drivers. I don't mind a bit of a walk if it will increase charging station availability.
Here's an interesting edge case that someone is going to have to consider someday:

Handicapped EV charging solutions.

What happens if you're disabled, but can still drive, and you have an EV? Putting charging far from the door won't work for those people.

If FSD is going to make the disabled more mobile in the near future, charging will have to be built to accommodate them.

Here's an interesting edge case that someone is going to have to consider someday:

This Level 2 was installed near the front door at Chesapeake House on I-95 at the same time as the Superchargers were being built in the back of the lot. My understanding is that Tesla installed it. Perhaps providing EV charging at an ADA accessible spot was a stipulation in order to host the Superchargers on state of Maryland property.

IMG_9079.jpg

What happens if you're disabled, but can still drive, and you have an EV? Putting charging far from the door won't work for those people.

If FSD is going to make the disabled more mobile in the near future, charging will have to be built to accommodate them.

Install handicapped accessible EV charging close to the door and sign it as such. Install the others farther from the door (if electrically practical to do so).

Reactions: ModelNforNerd
Handicapped EV charging solutions. What happens if you're disabled, but can still drive, and you have an EV? Putting charging far from the door won't work for those people. If FSD is going to make the disabled more mobile in the near future, charging will have to be built to accommodate them.

Gaithersburg has the first handicapped Supercharger spot that I've seen and used.

Reactions: ModelNforNerd
I hope it’s not the top deck on that lot. It gets crazy busy on the weekends because of the easy access to AMC. It will get ICEd.

Tysons Corner Mall parking can get busy over the weekend no matter where they are, unless it is an undesirable spot. ICE'd is unavoidable unless there is law prohibiting that or the chargers are at a place nobody wants to park. Between the two options, I would much rather the chargers are placed somewhere convenient.

Heard a similar story from Tesla on Tyco rd. 40 on the top deck of the garage by Nordstrom. Will be the 3rd largest in the world at the time

One level down would be ideal. The southeast corner of the garage at street level is rarely full of cars, even on the busiest days. Access is right next to the ramp from the street to the top deck, as well. I’d certainly appreciate the shade of the middle level compared to the blazing sun on the roof in the summer.

Tysons Corner Mall parking can get busy over the weekend no matter where they are, unless it is an undesirable spot. ICE'd is unavoidable unless there is law prohibiting that or the chargers are at a place nobody wants to park. Between the two options, I would much rather the chargers are placed somewhere convenient.
I’d rather they place them in the most inconvenient place.

Reactions: boaterva
Here are the tow warning signs at Hagerstown Supercharger.

Most states have a law that allows private property owners to tow any unauthorized vehicle with proper warning.

In Maryland, I believe the trespass tow law is defined under Article - Transportation, §21–10A–01.

HagerstownTow2.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: vdiv and Big Earl