Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fredericksburg, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They had a ribbon cutting ceremony when the Charlottesville SC opened last year. I went to that. There were 8 or 10 other Teslas there.

screen-shot-2017-09-22-at-11-05-07-pm-png.249388

Might want to take the drone pic down since this was taken in class E surface extension airspace off KCHO, FAA might not be too happy 'bout that...

upload_2018-4-12_17-21-27.png

• Informative
Reactions: boaterva
Hey Doc

As a deisal owner, an offshore power boat owner (ethanol-free fuel), a 2 Tesla owner, I have been a fan of WaWa for quite some time for my petrol needs. The opportunity to now engage even more ICErs by the thousands while Supercharging at WaWa is a tremendous benefit to help move the EV needle IMO. (I do accept your fume issue concerns)

Last edited:
There was an ICE when I showed up but he left after 3 Teslas showed up in quick succession. Surprisingly busy for a Saturday evening. 3 Ss and 2 Xs in less than an hour.

If you don’t mind Mexican, it’s on the same side of the road. Otherwise a jog across Jefferson Davis reveals all the “good stuff...” a Target even! Would be nice to see Fredericksburg put in a crosswalk.

Reactions: crashvt
I passed by there on I-95 today on the way home from Tidewater area but didn't need to stop. I did stop at the Springfield SC for a quick sip of electrons --- arrived with only two other cars there (no owners in sight) and when I departed 20 minutes later about 75% of the stalls filled. I stood outside of my X for awhile to chat with anyone who cared to, but folks either stayed in their cars or headed immediately into the mall.

Reactions: CatB
I passed by there on I-95 today on the way home from Tidewater area but didn't need to stop. I did stop at the Springfield SC for a quick sip of electrons --- arrived with only two other cars there (no owners in sight) and when I departed 20 minutes later about 75% of the stalls filled. I stood outside of my X for awhile to chat with anyone who cared to, but folks either stayed in their cars or headed immediately into the mall.

This is the closest charger to my location, but I seldom charge there because it is not on a route I often take. I go north often, but avoid Rt 95 and 270 like the plague. Instead I go up the Rt 29/15 corridor. They have a new charger at Haymarket which is the half way point. Not too bad. I don't need to charge to 100% trying to get home without charging anymore.

You might check for a new thread, or if there's not one, start it.

It shows up on the Supercharger map, but it looks like it's going into the downtown area. I would not give much credence to either the location dot or the schedule. I expect it will go into the
Sophia Street Parking Garage. There aren't too many useful locations in downtown.