Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fredericksburg, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2 minutes (~1/2mile) off of 95. Super convenient with lots of shopping/food nearby.
Yeah coming from the N like 1/2 mile, coming from the south, cause I hate backtracking (therefore I've gotten off ex118) like 9 miles, lol. This SC will be nice because it will allow you to skip either Potomac Mills (I heard the sign fell) or Glenn Allen SC when traveling that part of the 95 corridor.

Reactions: Xenius
IMG_0171.JPG
IMG_0172.JPG
Beginning to look a lot like a supercharger!

If you look closely at the third sign from the left, there is a large conduit sticking up out of the ground. They might be dropping a new pole there from the power lines above to get wires over to the transformer pad on the left.

I followed the progress of the Charlottesville SC pretty closely when it was being built. It was a painfully long time from when they looked almost ready until they were actually operational. Seems like the last bit takes way too long. Final hookup, permitting, testing, not sure... just saying, be patient.

Landscaping being done today. Big cable sticking out of ground yet to be hooked to power. Called the electrical contractor yesterday (Leading Edge Services) out of Roanoke. Guy was an ass. Wouldn't say anything about timing. "Your car will let you know!" Duh. Thanks a lot buddy. I think it will be quite awhile!

• Informative
Reactions: DFibRL8R
Landscaping being done today. Big cable sticking out of ground yet to be hooked to power. Called the electrical contractor yesterday (Leading Edge Services) out of Roanoke. Guy was an ass. Wouldn't say anything about timing. "Your car will let you know!" Duh. Thanks a lot buddy. I think it will be quite awhile!

I'm not sure if he was actually rude (voice level, manner wise) but I do know that Tesla is super strict about them saying pretty much anything. They don't even want you taking pictures, but they can't stop you.

Excellent, thanks for all the updates! We used to travel down 17 a lot to GF's friends and will more as it warms up, and a SuC at the 'corner' would be great. I still can't believe it's not on the official map after all this time. Seems someone on the SuC team needs a cross check with construction!

I kept seeing the orange cone on supercharge.info on Now You Know or somewhere, and going: WTF Supercharger is that, there's nothing almost open here.... :D