Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers in Northern California (location speculation)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My hunch is they need more than the Roseville chargers will support, and this site is also just off I 80 and soon to be mostly solar powered.

Yes my guess is that they can't easily being in more power to the Rockville SC site so decided to build a new SC at a site they have more control over and with readily available power, the Rockville Service Center.

Exciting to learn that it will have PV panels! But they won't make it "mostly solar powered": the PV coupled with batteries appears to be for peak shaving and power management.

If I had to speculate just on the location of the dot, it would seem to be at Tesla headquarters in Palo Alto. Perhaps they are going to add them in the lobby parking area?

Agreed. The Supercharger map on the Tesla website shows no detail at all and you can't enlarge it in any useful way. The Coming Soon dot that is southwest of the Fremont dot appears to be somewhere in the Santa Clara/San Jose area, but that is only a guess.

The latitude of that dot is at Cloverdale, which is the same as on the old 2015 map. That's only 50 miles from Petaluma, so hopefully they move it up to Willits or something.

I suspect it will be Cloverdale, as that puts it right at the intersection of 128 which gets you to the Mendocino coast. Yes, it's only 50 miles from Petaluma, but that one is likely for the convenience of the many Santa Rosa commuters.

• Disagree
Reactions: Trekker_
I am doubtful about that location. It's too far from the freeway. The parking lot there is currently packed with HPWCs.

It's very close to Hwy 280 though and is on a less congested route from SF to the South Bay. Offers folks an opportunity to see the mothership, even if from the outside. But, no dining, etc. establishments nearby.

Was at Rocklin today for a P85D test drive. Saw these waiting to be installed!!

IMG_3807.JPG

Nice to have a third option in the Sacramento area!

I visited the Rocklin SC yesterday and they are really excavating. Solar city is putting in a very large set of PV panels. I also noticed several crates that said DC supercharger on them. My hunch is they need more than the Roseville chargers will support, and this site is also just off I 80 and soon to be mostly solar powered. Downside is that there isn't much to do along that block of Rocklin. They will need to put in a lot more seating and refreshments. It's a nice service center if you're in the area. Much shorter waits than Fremont.

Went by Petaluma today and no progress, looks the same as last Saturday. So wondering if it will make it this year.

Yes, I was just there last Thursday (Dec 18) and noted no progress. The soil and fill is completely saturated with water, and they have steel plates covering some appartely unfinished trench/conduit work, so thy may have to wait for the water table to go down a bit before they can finish the underground connections. I also saw no transformer or even a concrete pad for one. You can make out the steel plates just behind my rear bumper:

IMG_4541.jpg

So I am guessing it is still at least two weeks into the new year, provided it stops raining (which in the bigger picture, is not necessarily what to wish for :wink:)

I visited the Rocklin SC yesterday and they are really excavating. Solar city is putting in a very large set of PV panels. I also noticed several crates that said DC supercharger on them. My hunch is they need more than the Roseville chargers will support, and this site is also just off I 80 and soon to be mostly solar powered. Downside is that there isn't much to do along that block of Rocklin. They will need to put in a lot more seating and refreshments. It's a nice service center if you're in the area. Much shorter waits than Fremont.

Nothing? They back up to The Commons Shopping Center with The Studio Movie Grill directly behind them. In addition to shopping, there are a number of small restaurants in the center. Plenty to do for the <1 hour you need to spend there.

Sorry ,

I had said Valco was pretty much 'dead' the last time I was around there and that might be a low traffic area for an SC
but like you said it isn't off of 85, closer to 280

no knowledge of any plans just thinking of 'not crowded' Bay Area areas.

Vallco has been acquired and is going to be scraped and completely redeveloped. And that area of 280 and Wolfe Rd. will no longer be 'not crowded' once the new Apple facility nearby starts filling up with its eventual 11,000 employees.

Lets speculate where in Napa will they build a supercharger station. Maybe Napabill can help with a location, the factory outlets do not have any resturants and the Target and Homedepot center also has no place to eat.

There are a number of fast food places across the parking lot from Target and the factory outlets have a Chinese fast food place. So, either place would serve (pun intended).

- - - Updated - - -

Found it! Napa County Permit

P14-00339

Project Description:

Tesla Motors - Allied Clean Fuel
Very Minor Modification
Eight (8) electric vehicle charging station with a 15' high solar canopy over charging stations

Legal Description:

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]PCL 2 MAP NO 3820 14P/M48 AVIG ESMT 1745/469 TRA=1743/092 NSD SWR ESMT=1992-000463 PG&E ESMT=1803/534[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]It's south of Napa near the intersection of Devlin Road and Airport Blvd. Looks like it's still being reviewed by our local bureaucracy.[/FONT]

Lets speculate where in Napa will they build a supercharger station. Maybe Napabill can help with a location, the factory outlets do not have any resturants and the Target and Homedepot center also has no place to eat.
I've not heard or seen any evidence of a location. The Home Depot/Target parking lot is very active and can't believe they'd try and shoehorn a SC in there. Behind that is new theater complex that would seem more likely. Also, the Factory Outlets don't have much room for a SC site. And anything upvalley from there gets rather pricey.

There are a number of fast food places across the parking lot from Target and the factory outlets have a Chinese fast food place. So, either place would serve (pun intended).

- - - Updated - - -

P14-00339

Project Description:

Very Minor Modification
Eight (8) electric vehicle charging station with a 15' high solar canopy over charging stations

Legal Description:

PCL 2 MAP NO 3820 14P/M48 AVIG ESMT 1745/469 TRA=1743/092 NSD SWR ESMT=1992-000463 PG&E ESMT=1803/534

It's south of Napa near the intersection of Devlin Road and Airport Blvd. Looks like it's still being reviewed by our local bureaucracy.

Nice job, have not been on that side of Airport blvd lately is there anything over there in the way of resturants.

P14-00339

Project Description:

Very Minor Modification

Legal Description:

PCL 2 MAP NO 3820 14P/M48 AVIG ESMT 1745/469 TRA=1743/092 NSD SWR ESMT=1992-000463 PG&E ESMT=1803/534

It's south of Napa near the intersection of Devlin Road and Airport Blvd. Looks like it's still being reviewed by our local bureaucracy.

Is there an address?

- - - Updated - - -

P14-00339

Project Description:

Very Minor Modification

Legal Description:

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]PCL 2 MAP NO 3820 14P/M48 AVIG ESMT 1745/469 TRA=1743/092 NSD SWR ESMT=1992-000463 PG&E ESMT=1803/534[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]It's south of Napa near the intersection of Devlin Road and Airport Blvd. Looks like it's still being reviewed by our local bureaucracy.[/FONT]

Good find! That's amazing as it is where I hung my hat for many years. It is a warehouse park, with very little in the way of food services. But if memory serves, there is a future development going in at that location that might include some services.