Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers visited 3.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Tableau map is looking a bit wonky this morning. Missing dots that I have not been to yet and once again showing places that I have already cleared.

Is this something on my end that I can fix? I've got my route for the day all planned out so there's no big rush...but I had been using it to help me find the pins I needed to hit as there are so many out here (yeah, I know...first world problems).
This happens from time to time. I believe @Big Earl or @theflyer can push an update that will fix it.

Reactions: Big Earl
My Tableau map is looking a bit wonky this morning. Missing dots that I have not been to yet and once again showing places that I have already cleared.

Is this something on my end that I can fix? I've got my route for the day all planned out so there's no big rush...but I had been using it to help me find the pins I needed to hit as there are so many out here (yeah, I know...first world problems).
I'll push an update within an hour or two.

Reactions: Big Earl

Fixed.

As to a question you asked somewhere else about wishing the nav showed you just the locations you've yet to visit, I use the lasso tool in Tableau to highlight only the superchargers I expect to visit on a trip and then use the download button to get a list I can keep in Google Sheets for reference during the trip.

I was just noticing that the app shows there are no unvisited superchargers in Australia, when was I there?
I don't think we have any participants down under any more. The Rosie Heart passed away but he was in New Zealand anyway so I doubt he had any Aussie superchargers. Maybe @Chuq will join in on the fun when he gets his Model Y(?)!

BTW one of my best friends lives in NZ and drives a Model X P100D so I have a decent chance at picking up a few superchargers there at some point. There's no car ferry to Oz unfortunately. I already looked into it!

I don't think we have any participants down under any more. The Rosie Heart passed away but he was in New Zealand anyway so I doubt he had any Aussie superchargers. Maybe @Chuq will join in on the fun when he gets his Model Y(?)!

BTW one of my best friends lives in NZ and drives a Model X P100D so I have a decent chance at picking up a few superchargers there at some point. There's no car ferry to Oz unfortunately. I already looked into it!
I considered joining in when I visited my first supercharger last month (yes, that was the first time I had ever physically seen a supercharger with my own eyes!) in a friends Model 3. But there was no-one else in Australia so I didn't bother!

Plus, that one is 3 hours drive away from me, and my next nearest supercharger after that is a 9 hour, 446 km (277 mile) ferry ride away- so not something I'll be doing on a regular basis!

We made a change to the "Status" column today to facilitate having open superchargers that nobody in the game has visited show up as green on the individual "Open and Not Visited" maps in Tableau.

Open superchargers used to be "Open". Now open superchargers with no visits have status "OpenU" (for open and Unvisited), and open superchargers that have been visited still have status "Open".

As a reminder, we DO NOT mark temporary closures the way supercharge.info does - once a supercharger is listed as open, it stays Open until it is permanently closed. So check the nav, supercharge.info or the forums before visiting a supercharger thinking it will be open.

Last edited:
It appears the 2013 Ft. Myers, FL site has been closed (stalls removed and removed from Tesla nav), but there is a permit for V3 superchargers at the same address.

I have marked it as closed in supercharge.info - when the new site opens I will mark it as open again, keeping the original opening date and add a date for the V3 upgrade.
If the address changes, you should create a new entry for it and mark the old one as permanently closed.

Reactions: Big Earl and DavidB
Lone Tree is interesting. Seems we have been inconsistent. I read the Lone Tree thread. Same address, original was coned off then removed after the new one was up and running. Sort of similar to Newark, DE.

For Lone Tree we treated it as the original one closed, and a new one opened - not as an expansion/upgrade to an existing supercharger.
For Newark, we treated it as an expansion/upgrade to an existing supercharger.

I still think we should treat a supercharger at the same address as a single supercharger, even if the original stalls are removed. If the original was closed before there was a permit or plans for a replacement at that site, and then at some much later date a new one was put it at the same address, we might consider that a new one. For example, Bethesda closed 3 years ago - if they put one in there now I would consider it a new charger.

My suggestion: acknowledge Lone Tree should be one following the "same address" rule, but leave it alone. 23 people charged at the original (I did not).

TBH it does not make a whole lot of difference either way. There are very few that fall into this gray area.

Reactions: DavidB
Lone Tree is interesting. Seems we have been inconsistent. I read the Lone Tree thread. Same address, original was coned off then removed after the new one was up and running. Sort of similar to Newark, DE.

For Lone Tree we treated it as the original one closed, and a new one opened - not as an expansion/upgrade to an existing supercharger.
For Newark, we treated it as an expansion/upgrade to an existing supercharger.

I still think we should treat a supercharger at the same address as a single supercharger, even if the original stalls are removed. If the original was closed before there was a permit or plans for a replacement at that site, and then at some much later date a new one was put it at the same address, we might consider that a new one. For example, Bethesda closed 3 years ago - if they put one in there now I would consider it a new charger.

My suggestion: acknowledge Lone Tree should be one following the "same address" rule, but leave it alone. 23 people charged at the original (I did not).

TBH it does not make a whole lot of difference either way. There are very few that fall into this gray area.
If anything, I would prefer that we modify the sites, like Newark, DE, as two entries: original location, now permanently closed, and new location, currently open. However, as you point out, it does not make a whole lot of difference either way. There are very few locations that no longer have chargers in the original parking spaces.

I’m just not a fan of diverging from Tesla’s list. If New Beaver and Old Beaver show up as different entries on the charging history in my Tesla account, it stands to reason (in my mind, at least) that it count as two Superchargers. As far as I know, every other site with two pins in very close proximity counts as two, so this would be setting precedence as the first exception.

Side note, Google Street View still shows the original 4-stall setup with the old style pedestals. :cool:

1E019CA7-6A23-40A6-8DF2-42D5F04D9B2A.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: JSergeant
I’m just not a fan of diverging from Tesla’s list. If New Beaver and Old Beaver show up as different entries on the charging history in my Tesla account, it stands to reason (in my mind, at least) that it count as two Superchargers. As far as I know, every other site with two pins in very close proximity counts as two, so this would be setting precedence as the first exception.

Side note, Google Street View still shows the original 4-stall setup with the old style pedestals. :cool:

View attachment 702774
Fair enough. Seems @Big Earl has a strong opinion, and I do like the idea of following Tesla even if they do inconsistent things.

Unless there is a strong objection, I will change supercharge.info to have two, and update our spreadsheet to have two.

Please add Lake Elsinore.

Thanks!
Please add to this thread:

Another great road trip in the books!
Please add: Amarillo, TX, Yermo, CA, Mojave, CA, Firebaugh, CA, Gustine, CA, Geary Blvd, San Francisco, CA. Fort Bragg, CA, Laytonville, CA, Crescent City, CA, Eureka, CA, Grants Pass, OR, Springfield, OR, The Dalles, OR, Pendleton, OR, Baker City, OR, Burley, ID, Tremonton, UT, Nephi, UT, Beaver, UT, Page, AZ, Farmington, NM, Weatherford, OK

Another great road trip in the books!
Please add: Amarillo, TX, Yermo, CA, Mojave, CA, Firebaugh, CA, Gustine, CA, Geary Blvd, San Francisco, CA. Fort Bragg, CA, Laytonville, CA, Crescent City, CA, Eureka, CA, Grants Pass, OR, Springfield, OR, The Dalles, OR, Pendleton, OR, Baker City, OR, Burley, ID, Tremonton, UT, Nephi, UT, Beaver, UT, Page, AZ, Farmington, NM, Weatherford, OK

AwlBidnz,

This topic is for discussing the sausage-making of our little game.

Please post your conquests to the "Superchargers Visited" thread that starts off with a wiki.

And well done!

• Helpful
Reactions: DavidB and Darren S