Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rare to get hit two century milestones in the same month.
upload_2019-6-1_7-40-30.png

Do we know that for sure? Or do they use the reporting from the cars? So they only know how many at each SuC are in use not which one.

I cool feature would be guidance to the correct stall or place in line once you get there, but that would require a dedicated connection, so are you sure they have one?

I only know what I was told by the Tesla Tech that I talked with in Florida while i was there charging my car and that is what he told me. I don't recall if each stall has it's own cellular network connection or if it's the entire site that has one cellular network connection. But there is definitely at least one connection that is there which Tesla can use for monitoring a site.

As a geek I was extremely interested in this so I spent some additional time there talking with him long after my car had finished charging. He did not want me taking any pictures of the insides of the charging stalls, but he had a few of them opened up and was replacing cables. There's not much going on up top on the inside of them, but cell phones can be so tiny these days that they could conceivably have one in each stall...but I could also see them having a single master one at the site and then they simply could "ping" all the stalls at the site every so often to see if they were up and then that would report back to Tesla.

The Tesla tech was explaining to me that the monitoring capabilities that they have is one of the reasons why they have such a robust charging network. He further explained that some of the other companies that have setup chargers do not have the same type of monitoring and they basically rely on "crowd-sourcing" when they have an issue at a site. Which as you can image would not be nearly as reliable.

Should I ever meet up with another Tesla tech at a Supercharger in the future I'll surely have some follow up questions...but I was really overwhelmed by the amount of information that this guy had. It was very cool getting some of the inside scoop on the technology that makes our road trips a possibility.

@HalfDollarBill is kind enough to update for me usually. I've posted this where he can see it but wanted to also share here per the rules.

PS - Some of you road warriors may have gotten to the second Philly location before me. I'll get there soon

Baltimore, MD 5/27/19
Laurel, MD
Arlington, VA
Alexandria, VA
Fredericksburg, VA
Richmond, VA - 5/28/19
Chester, VA
South Hill, VA (*)
Raleigh, NC
Myrtle Beach, NC - 5/31/2019
Wilmington, NC
Wallace, NC
Plymouth, NC
Norfolk, VA (*)
Lewes, DE
Paulsboro, NJ - 5/31/2019

*May be repeats, I'm having a hard time figuring out the google sheet to see.
I also charged at Claymont, DE on November 10, 2018 but can't recall if that was logged.

I've started a private Glympse group for the competition that I will use on my return to DC. If you're willing to join with me, DM me your mobile number, which is used to join. I'll then add you to the private group.

I thought we could use this private group whenever we're out catching superchargers. It can facilitate some quick in-person interactions and possibly help us help each other if needed. Glympse is nice because you can start and stop location sharing whenever you want.
Screenshot_20190601-095810.png

I only know what I was told by the Tesla Tech that I talked with in Florida while i was there charging my car and that is what he told me. I don't recall if each stall has it's own cellular network connection or if it's the entire site that has one cellular network connection. But there is definitely at least one connection that is there which Tesla can use for monitoring a site.

As a geek I was extremely interested in this so I spent some additional time there talking with him long after my car had finished charging. He did not want me taking any pictures of the insides of the charging stalls, but he had a few of them opened up and was replacing cables. There's not much going on up top on the inside of them, but cell phones can be so tiny these days that they could conceivably have one in each stall...but I could also see them having a single master one at the site and then they simply could "ping" all the stalls at the site every so often to see if they were up and then that would report back to Tesla.

The Tesla tech was explaining to me that the monitoring capabilities that they have is one of the reasons why they have such a robust charging network. He further explained that some of the other companies that have setup chargers do not have the same type of monitoring and they basically rely on "crowd-sourcing" when they have an issue at a site. Which as you can image would not be nearly as reliable.

Should I ever meet up with another Tesla tech at a Supercharger in the future I'll surely have some follow up questions...but I was really overwhelmed by the amount of information that this guy had. It was very cool getting some of the inside scoop on the technology that makes our road trips a possibility.

When I visited Tejon Ranch the first time it was right when they were upgrading the site so I had to skip it and grab it a few months later on a separate trip.

It was after hours (weekend) and nobody told me that I couldn't take pictures so here are a few details of the inside of a Supercharger, @IT Geek.

IMG_20180524_054211-624x468.jpg

IMG_20180524_053917-624x468.jpg

IMG_20180524_053935-468x624.jpg

IMG_20180524_054059-624x468.jpg

Yeah people often complain about one stall being down for a while, but the really important thing is that entire superchargers don't go down and stay down very often or very long. In this regard, the supercharger network is extremely reliable.

In 2017 I chatted with one of these supercharger techs for like an hour and he was extremely sharp and friendly. His name was Mark and he was from Houston. Had worked in the green energy sector for over a decade. Solar, wind farms, and now Tesla. At the time he was training a guy in Florida so that is likely who you met. Mark and I had fun trying to figure out who had been to more superchargers :) At the time I had been to about 300 out of ~400 and it was close. He could rattle off the supercharger cities just like the guys in the top 10 of this game.

Possibly :), but Darren already pointed that out:

@PLUS EV has the crown tho with a TRIPLE Century in Sep 2017

though I assumed it was an artifact of bad record keeping when he mentioned it. That was a big trip!
I'll have to go back and look at some point. That was back when I was posting less frequently to reduce the workload on HalfDollarBill. It's definitely possible that I hit 200 in August and didn't post till early September. But it was definitely all on one trip.

Prior to that trip, I had had hit basically every supercharger in the Pacific and Mountain time zones, but had only taken one trip east. That was SEA-PHX-NO-CLE-SEA for two road seahawks games and the 2016 world series. I got home right before we elected our Dear Leader. So the (August/?)September 2017 trip, I was systematically hitting every supercharger in the east that I didn't hit on that October 2016 trip.

@HalfDollarBill is kind enough to update for me usually. I've posted this where he can see it but wanted to also share here per the rules.

PS - Some of you road warriors may have gotten to the second Philly location before me. I'll get there soon

Baltimore, MD 5/27/19
Laurel, MD
Arlington, VA
Alexandria, VA
Fredericksburg, VA
Richmond, VA - 5/28/19
Chester, VA
South Hill, VA (*)
Raleigh, NC
Wilmington, NC
Wallace, NC
Plymouth, NC
Norfolk, VA (*)
Lewes, DE

I also charged at Claymont, DE on November 10, 2018 but can't recall if that was logged.

Hey there, look who finally got to the beach! Seems like you spent your time running to chargers instead of running your toes through the sand....
Hope the young one behaved and had fun!

You had both your asterisks and Claymont was already tagged. You need some help with geography o_O
And I assumed the Myrtle Beach group was 5/30 since Paulsboro was 5/31, but that's an easy fix if incorrect.

Hope you get a chance to sneak out again over the summer.
Updates complete.

Baltimore, MD 5/27/19
Laurel, MD
Arlington, VA
Alexandria, VA
Fredericksburg, VA
Richmond, VA - 5/28/19
Chester, VA
South Hill, VA (*)
Raleigh, NC
Wilmington, NC
Wallace, NC
Plymouth, NC
Norfolk, VA (*)
Lewes, DE

@PhillyGal, nice trip. Did you know Kill Devil Hills, NC might have been active on 05/30? It still doesn't appear on the Nav screen so hopefully that wasn't an option on your trip otherwise it would be brutal to be right there and miss being the first visit to a new location.

Screenshot_20190601-222036__01-439x442.jpg