Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hermitage PA is really down. They are completely tearing up the Sheetz parking lot. Stopped by out of curiosity - not far off route.

I too have a really slow leak in FL tire. 30 pushed on the bike pump every 5-6 days seems to be working.

Thanks, @NKYTA. I just gave that general update to @Tdreamer that the recent PlugShare check-ins either show some sort of 'wiggle-next-to-an-ICE-to-charge' parking job or that they are all blocked or ICE'd from Construction vehicles. They still work but it is best to visit after hours for now to avoid the Construction crew.

Maybe Tesla should note that one as "Reduced service" or "Temporarily closed" so folks don't rely on it and can't use it.

There’s a fairly well prescribed zone that they’re allowed to patch. Sidewall and near the shoulder are red zones. There’s some hand waving about steel belts and flexing. Again, a do as I say and not as I do—I’d personally plug it. These leaks are why a 12V compressor needs to be carried on trips. Slow leaks can be worn valve stems/TPMS units and other structural issues that can be tough to identify when there’s not an obvious penetration. Carrying a spray bottle can help ID slow leaks.

I had the same issue where my SC start date got moved from 2013 to 2014 based on undocumented early charging. I was able to identify some earlier trips looking back through my phone photos.
Luckily the tire is holding air - only lost 3lbs and I got 2 of those back in the 3 mile drive to the local tire shop. I,ll try to continue my Supercharger quest and monitor closely on the way. Only another 1000 miles to go :eek:

Reactions: Darren S
Thanks, @NKYTA. I just gave that general update to @Tdreamer that the recent PlugShare check-ins either show some sort of 'wiggle-next-to-an-ICE-to-charge' parking job or that they are all blocked or ICE'd from Construction vehicles. They still work but it is best to visit after hours for now to avoid the Construction crew.

Maybe Tesla should note that one as "Reduced service" or "Temporarily closed" so folks don't rely on it and can't use it.
Has someone called Tesla to report this construction? They won't magically know that the location is effectively out of operation.

Has someone called Tesla to report this construction? They won't magically know that the location is effectively out of operation.

Maybe their advanced artificial intelligence machine learning will deduce that something is wrong since nobody has charged there in a week. Well, might take two weeks to get flagged.

They should have a team who monitors PlugShare check-ins and stays on top of things. I knew this a month ago. Sad how they aren't more proactive about things sometimes.

They should have a team who monitors PlugShare check-ins and stays on top of things. I knew this a month ago. Sad how they aren't more proactive about things sometimes.
Job idea for when I retire...pitch Tesla to become the lead of real-time supercharger network monitoring and response. That kind of position would be ideal for a supercharger Hunter as who knows the reality on the ground better?

Job idea for when I retire...pitch Tesla to become the lead of real-time supercharger network monitoring and response. That kind of position would be ideal for a supercharger Hunter as who knows the reality on the ground better?

Good idea, @theflyer, but they already track each and every stall and location. Like you said, when a site goes dark with no or very very limited charging for a few days let alone a week or several weeks you think it would raise some red flags to them. Likewise if a site has every stall in use for >12 hrs a day with no more than 15 minutes idle then it might be a sign it is overloaded with traffic.

This is from the Seaside, CA Service Center display and it would cycle through a few different screens. 256 vehicles in 24 hrs is just over 10 vehicles per hour. Nice to see that it is an average of 27 minutes per charge but sometimes that also means having to sit and wait 45 minutes just to GET to an available stall so it would be neat to see the average idle time somehow as well or % of time the site is <50% in use.

upload_2019-5-31_12-12-34.png

Good idea, @theflyer, but they already track each and every stall and location. Like you said, when a site goes dark with no or very very limited charging for a few days let alone a week or several weeks you think it would raise some red flags to them. Likewise if a site has every stall in use for >12 hrs a day with no more than 15 minutes idle then it might be a sign it is overloaded with traffic.

This is from the Seaside, CA Service Center display and it would cycle through a few different screens. 256 vehicles in 24 hrs is just over 10 vehicles per hour. Nice to see that it is an average of 27 minutes per charge but sometimes that also means having to sit and wait 45 minutes just to GET to an available stall so it would be neat to see the average idle time somehow as well or % of time the site is <50% in use.

I was being somewhat sarcastic but it does seem they could do better at detecting issues using all of the data they have available to them. To be clear, however, I'll take the SC network over any other network hands down. I can count on significantly less than one hand the number of times I've had any problems at a supercharger location that I thought would be operational. The same cannot be said for any of the other networks I've used. I tried charging on a Greenlots Chademo yesterday and it wouldn't charge for more than about five minutes before stopping and each attempt incurred a $3 session fee on top of the kWh costs. I netted only about 60 miles (and $6 in session fees) before giving up. Oh, and it only charged at 45 kWh.

I was being somewhat sarcastic but it does seem they could do better at detecting issues using all of the data they have available to them. To be clear, however, I'll take the SC network over any other network hands down. I can count on significantly less than one hand the number of times I've had any problems at a supercharger location that I thought would be operational. The same cannot be said for any of the other networks I've used. I tried charging on a Greenlots Chademo yesterday and it wouldn't charge for more than about five minutes before stopping and each attempt incurred a $3 session fee on top of the kWh costs. I netted only about 60 miles (and $6 in session fees) before giving up. Oh, and it only charged at 45 kWh.

They should definitely know something is up when I visit 8 chargers a day and hit my max of 95 kW (others would get 120 to 140 kW) but when I visit Cambridge, OH at 10% SOC and only hit 60-65 kW max then it should be a flag to them. When the next person gets a similar result then just auto-flag it as "Reduced Service" or indicate on the Nav screen which stalls are under-performing so we don't have to guess.

I arrived at Cambridge and it showed 2 chargers in-use but there was nobody charging. Lucky me, I chose 1 of the 2 stalls that were "ghosts" and thus the low power. I should have played the lottery that day.

I believe it's fair to say that in different regions you'll have different experiences. I had that chat with the guy from Tesla when I was in Florida and he seemed to be completely on top of all the SC's in that state. He knew his stuff and all of them were working when I went through there...and indeed he was even doing proactive maintenance (replacing some of the cables) while I was there.

The same thing cannot be said about California. When I went through there I found several locations where a stall or two would just be out of order and blocked by a cone to deter you from trying to use that one. The locals all knew that they weren't working and after seeing this same thing at a bunch of other sites I began to understand that they must be overwhelmed in California and cannot keep up.

Here in Michigan things are rather good. Sure we have some glitches when a new site opens, like Clare for example. That one went online and was in the car as available but when I got there last Saturday it was completely dead. It took another full day before the car caught up and marked it as such. But it's back online and working now. Most of the other ones in this state you can use without ever having to worry about them. That's a nice feeling when you decide to take a random road trip from Detroit to Frankfort.

All the sites have network connections to them so Tesla can indeed monitor them (and produce those graphs you see), so they certainly know what is going on...I suppose it just whether or not they have enough quality people to go out and keep them working in any given area of the country. Thankfully in most places they do or this would not be a very fun game that we're all playing... :)