Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Our major update to the spreadsheet seems to have broken our tableau project. At the moment, the online version is working but it doesn't look like it'll update. The last update was yesterday about 5 p.m.. I've gone through and documented all the visualizations. It's already late so I'm going to have to leave further investigation or reconstruction until later this week or this weekend. This probably won't be a fast fix and we may end up with new URLs for everything as it might just be better and easier to start with a fresh workbook.
Okay. We're back to an operational state on Tableau. Data is current as of around midnight. Tableau really, really, really didn't like what we did to the spreadsheet, so those fancy visualizations are going to have to wait while we explore what's going on and adapt to what we learn. ARGH.

Okay. We're back to an operational state on Tableau. Data is current as of around midnight. Tableau really, really, really didn't like what we did to the spreadsheet, so those fancy visualizations are going to have to wait while we explore what's going on and adapt to what we learn. ARGH.
Can't begin to name how many things I set out to improve, then broke, then wound up bettering by having the opportunity to start anew.
My uncle was a contractor and his motto was "If it doesn't fit, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway."

It took me 221 days and 22.5 hours to use 200 Superchargers! Has anyone done it quicker?

Hmm.... You certainly got to your first 200 way faster than I did. But to just get 200... That might be where I can compete.

On April 11 of this year my count was at 224. Then I went on a road trip to Florida (and everywhere in between) and then in the next month I went out to Custer and swung down through San Diego on the way (of course it's on the way). But it wasn't until the trip to Texas in July that put my 2019 additions over 200. On July 2, my count reached 424 when I charged in Columbus, TX. Then my total reached 524 when I charged in Philadelphia when I met Electric Jen for lunch on August 9th. I'm now at 536.

So that's 300+ in less than 150 days. 2019 has been a very busy SC grabbing year for me...and the year is not over. :)

But I will say, if you want to get to 200, it's probably a good idea to, you know, get the ones in the city where you live. :)
Yeah, yeah....

They renamed it at your request. It is calling out to you.
View attachment 440763

Sweet! I hadn't noticed the name change. Now I really do have to go. We drove by it yesterday but because my husband had been in the driver's seat, I didn't want it not to count for me.

It’s called Philadelphia, PA - Center City in the navigation system.
Excellently named!

Tes - Thanks for the update!

• Funny
Reactions: NKYTA and IT Geek
I left Denver at 4am and arrived in Chicago at 10:30pm, so going 1037 miles took 17:30 (since I lost an hour going from the mountain to central time zone).

That was my 2nd 1000+ mile drive. My first was going from NJ to Florida from 4am to midnight 1104 miles.
Here is the video from that trip in which I slowly lose sanity...

Also, I reached 200 superchargers in 7 months and 10 days (Dec 31 at 2pm until Aug 10 at 12:30pm.
It took me 221 days and 22.5 hours to use 200 Superchargers! Has anyone done it quicker?
Actually, getting 200 new Superchargers in less than 221 days is not that uncommon - even I've done it in 211 days, but the record among the top 10 contestants is @PLUS EV who did it in 25 days, with @Darren S not far behind at 46 days:

Days to 200.JPG

Some caveats and comments:

This is based on the data from the Superchargers Visited Google sheet. Not all dates for all contestants are completely reliable, since this data was created from the earlier Wiki where dates were not explicitly reported. @Darren S made a superhuman effort to fill in dates by going back through the posts on TMC, but even then, we considered month/year as adequate, and in many cases all we could do is show the date that a list of visited Superchargers was posted. We are working on backfilling the dates more accurately where possible. The dates are most complete and accurate for @Bighorn, @Darren S, JSergeant, @IT Geek, @theflyer, @tes-s and @evp (and @benswing). @PLUS EV, @DavidB and @NKYTA have large groups of Superchargers which were listed as the date of first post rather than actual visit dates. More recent dates are generally reliable and complete for everybody.

These are the kind of analyses that @theflyer will be able to provide in Tableau as he works on enhancing the capabilities, but the analysis will only be as good as the underlying data, so if you have more complete visit dates get them to @Darren S or me and we will update them (or you can enter them yourself in the Google sheet).

Last edited:
Actually, getting 200 new Superchargers in less than 221 days is not that uncommon - even I've done it in 211 days, but the record among the top 10 contestants is @PLUS EV who did it in 25 days, with @Darren S not far behind at 46 days:

View attachment 440881

This is based on the data from the Superchargers Visited Google sheet. Not all dates for all contestants are completely reliable, since this data was created from the earlier Wiki where dates were not explicitly reported. @Darren S made a superhuman effort to fill in dates by going back through the posts on TMC, but even then, we considered month/year as adequate, and in many cases all we could do is show the date that a list of visited Superchargers was posted. We are working on backfilling the dates more accurately where possible. The dates are most complete and accurate for @Bighorn, @Darren S, JSergeant, @IT Geek, @theflyer, @tes-s and @evp (and @benswing). @PLUS EV, @DavidB and @NKYTA have large groups of Superchargers which were listed as the date of first post rather than actual visit dates. More recent dates are generally reliable and complete for everybody.

These are the kind of analyses that @theflyer will be able to provide in Tableau as he works on enhancing the capabilities, but the analysis will only be as good as the underlying data, so if you have more complete visit dates get them to @Darren S or me and we will update them (or you can enter them yourself in the Google sheet).
One other comment, probably stating the obvious, is that for people like Bighorn and me, who have been doing this from the beginning and staying on top of new Superchargers, it is hard to achieve a high rate of new Supercharger adds per 200 days because we are rate limited by how fast Tesla opens them!

I left Denver at 4am and arrived in Chicago at 10:30pm, so going 1037 miles took 17:30 (since I lost an hour going from the mountain to central time zone).

That was my 2nd 1000+ mile drive. My first was going from NJ to Florida from 4am to midnight 1104 miles.
Here is the video from that trip in which I slowly lose sanity...

Also, I reached 200 superchargers in 7 months and 10 days (Dec 31 at 2pm until Aug 10 at 12:30pm.
Well done!

May 13-June 1 2019 (3 weeks): 187 new superchargers (215 total for the trip), 11,169 miles. 119 before; 306 at the end.
Annotation 2019-08-12 185704.png

Last edited:

View attachment 440881

I did go back and verify that I hit the 200, 300 and 400 mark all within the month of September 2017, so while my "fastest 200" might be slightly more than 25 days, it definitely wasn't more than 30. I could probably go back at some point and try to get an exact number of days if it's of interest to anyone.

And yes, I've been meaning to add dates to my early supercharger visits. I can't do exact dates, but I should be able to do exact month at least. Can someone either link to my first post in this thread or tell me what date it was? Then I can look at that and PM (who?) the months for all those visits.

Can someone either link to my first post in this thread or tell me what date it was?
Superchargers Visited

It looks like this was your first post of superchargers, and I think I spreadsheet has your post date (May 25) as the visit date. Those are the ones where better dates would help.
Superchargers Visited

You do have one date before then - Burlington, WA. September 13, 2016. That is where your "supercharging since" date comes from.

You can search. Search for "*" from you in this thread.

upload_2019-8-12_20-57-46.png

Last edited:
Fancy visuals are now possible. Using a test file, @tes-s and I have been massaging the data into a form that will allow us to work with superchargers and competitors. I'm quite proud to show you three prototype graphics: two that replicate what we were doing in the spreadsheet but with way more functionality and customizability and a new one that allows us to see who's got the most supercharger visits in a day. For these prototypes, I added some interesting filters for you to play with. We can configure them almost anyway we can conceive of now with just a few moments of effort. For instance, if we wanted to see most superchargers in a month or quarter, that is trivial and I can have that whipped up in seconds.

Please go have a play with these test visuals:
  • Leaderboard (not much different from our existing leaderboard in Tableau...just wanted to recreate it here. Again, it is trivial to add filters for dates, regions, countries, states ...whatever we want.
  • The horse race: This is the chart I've been wanting to replicate from Google Sheets from day 1. Once we got the data right, this was easy to build in Tableau. Here is how you can interact with this graphic
    • Use the highlighter to highlight competitor traces by region from which they hail
    • Select traces based on when the competitor began collecting superchargers
    • Select traces by the region from which they hail
    • Select by individual competitors.
    • You can also point your mouse at a trace and select it, which turns it bold and fades the others out. You can click and drag across multiple traces to select/highlight them
  • Number of superchargers per day: Crazy how easy this is to create in Tableau. Lots of noise in this graph because our visit date data is not very clean. I've excluded all points less than 20 per day and all points more than 40. You can open/close this aperture by changing the filter in the upper right corner called "Count of Visit Date". Anything more than 40 is clearly just default dates.
There are something like 21 instances of competitors having between 30 and 40 visits in a single day. Hopefully, @JSergeant can work with all of you to clean that up as I suspect the majority of those instances are not real visits on a single day. I propose never putting more than 10 default dates on the same day. For instance, is the 39 superchargers on 12/11/2018 for Sasmania real?

Anywho, would love to hear your thoughts before we try to integrate into the main visualization file (or starting anew).

superchargers per day2.jpg

Fancy visuals are now possible. Using a test file, @tes-s and I have been massaging the data into a form that will allow us to work with superchargers and competitors. I'm quite proud to show you three prototype graphics: two that replicate what we were doing in the spreadsheet but with way more functionality and customizability and a new one that allows us to see who's got the most supercharger visits in a day. For these prototypes, I added some interesting filters for you to play with. We can configure them almost anyway we can conceive of now with just a few moments of effort. For instance, if we wanted to see most superchargers in a month or quarter, that is trivial and I can have that whipped up in seconds.

Please go have a play with these test visuals:
  • Leaderboard (not much different from our existing leaderboard in Tableau...just wanted to recreate it here. Again, it is trivial to add filters for dates, regions, countries, states ...whatever we want.
  • The horse race: This is the chart I've been wanting to replicate from Google Sheets from day 1. Once we got the data right, this was easy to build in Tableau. Here is how you can interact with this graphic
    • Use the highlighter to highlight competitor traces by region from which they hail
    • Select traces based on when the competitor began collecting superchargers
    • Select traces by the region from which they hail
    • Select by individual competitors.
    • You can also point your mouse at a trace and select it, which turns it bold and fades the others out. You can click and drag across multiple traces to select/highlight them
  • Number of superchargers per day: Crazy how easy this is to create in Tableau. Lots of noise in this graph because our visit date data is not very clean. I've excluded all points less than 20 per day and all points more than 40. You can open/close this aperture by changing the filter in the upper right corner called "Count of Visit Date". Anything more than 40 is clearly just default dates.
There are something like 21 instances of competitors having between 30 and 40 visits in a single day. Hopefully, @JSergeant can work with all of you to clean that up as I suspect the majority of those instances are not real visits on a single day. I propose never putting more than 10 default dates on the same day. For instance, is the 39 superchargers on 12/11/2018 for Sasmania real?

Anywho, would love to hear your thoughts before we try to integrate into the main visualization file (or starting anew).

View attachment 441135
VERY nice! A quick question on the horse race - should this graph by quarter of open date, or by visit date? Visit date seems to be what we're looking for, but maybe that's just a personal perspective.