Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Curious what happened at Truist Park.

In brief: They advertise Yuengling Beer in their giveaway program. Not available anywhere in the concession stands. One hour wait in two lines for a small snack and another brand of beer. The last straw was that we were able to view about 15 pitches through the first 2 1/2 innings of the game because fans were standing in the aisle, others sat in the wrong seats and had to move, and some people just wanted to stay in the aisle and hang out. They fumbled around upon entry with the fact my hip replacement set off the sensor (understandable) but the guy with the wand was woolgathering elsewhere.

Then all parks nowadays don't bother to give the fans the scoring on a play, or if they do, it is not evident from our seats. Was it a passed ball or wild pitch? A roller into the hole bobbled by the first baseman who throws hastily to the pitcher covering first is fumbled and the batter is safe. Sure, an error is posted on the line score, but E3 or E1?

As an aside, at the Pittsburgh game that I attended with Darren S, the second Pirate batter hit a home run down the right field line. After circling the bases, Max Muncy called for the ball from the Walker Buehler and appealed to the umpire that the batter missed first base. Well, the first base umpire had to run down the line to determine whether the hit was fair or foul, and apparently the home plate umpire did not have a good view of the bag. Fortunately replay clearly showed that he straddled the base and never touched it, so the run came off the board resulting in a 1-3 putout for those keeping score. The stupid internet play-by-play is not set up for these sorts of odd plays. The internet scoring revealed that the batter flied to right and was thrown out at first by the pitcher. 🙄 🙄

Off-topic for this thread but relative to your comment:
I had a new Tesla owner call our inn a couple of days ago asking if our destination chargers were open to the public.
I asked if he was just passing through and informed him that if so the Freeport supercharger was probably a wiser choice.
He indicated that he lived just north of us and was looking for places to charge his new car daily. I told him he should consider putting a 50 amp circuit in his garage for daily usage and he seemed completely unaware that was an option. He also told me that Freeport didn't have superchargers but corrected his statement shortly thereafter. My guess is that he didn't have the filters set correctly on whatever he was looking at.
I would much rather hang around with you early-adopter road warriors than the pack of owners about to hit the road.
I would hope that the number of new Tesla owners who don't realize that they can charge in their own garages, if they have one, are a tiny minority.

However, even the early adopters had to learn the ropes somehow. I learned a lot about Tesla road-tripping from hanging out at TMC but surely the denizens of this forum are a tiny fraction of the Tesla community. Others have to muddle along as best they can. Sometimes newcomers are open to suggestions (how Supercharger pairs work, for example, not that it matters anymore with V3), but there is a fine line between being helpful and coming across as a "know-it-all."

A newcomer from the ICE world who is used to filling up at a gas station can hardly be expected to know that the fastest way to do a Tesla road trip is to charge just enough to make the next Supercharger Station, plus a safety buffer, rather than filling up. Tesla nav tries to make this clear now, with the time left to continue the trip estimate, but it really requires a new way of thinking for many. I've explained this concept to non Tesla people many times because a common question I get is "how long does it take to charge?" The correct answer is something along the line of "it depends" but that requires a bit more explaining. Does it do any good? I don't know but I figure that every bit of information helps. Perhaps I am being naive.

Patience for the newcomers, please!

Please add these five to my list, making a new total of 94 visits. The year plus long dry spell of no driving has officially ended for me.

Fremont, CA - Pacific Commons​

San Jose, CA - Holger Way​

Rivermark Village -Santa Clara, CA​

San Jose, CA - E Capitol Expressway​

Gilroy, CA - Camino Arroyo​

Welcome back!

Bruce.

This kind of thing is 2nd nature to some of us veterans but yeah, I often cringe at how clueless some of the new Tesla drivers are when it comes to this sort of thing. I mean I guess it's good that the Tesla Navigation is apparently good enough to guide clueless people across the country, but it seems bad that so many people are so heavily reliant on it. I basically only use the multi-stop feature in the Nav when I'm trying to get a general idea for how long a long stretch will take. Then I just plot it out stop by stop on my own.

It kinda feels like the anecdotes you read in the news about people following their GPS units off a cliff or deep into the forest or some other silly thing like that. Only worse.

On the flip side I saw a handful of owners pull in to a dead Supercharger site this past weekend and plug in, with no idea that anything was wrong ("Um, you know this site is dead as a doornail. You didn't see 'Temporary Closure' on the nav display did you?").

Anyway I've never used the "Trip Planner" ... now if it could read my column off our spreadsheet and route me to Superchargers I haven't visited before ... maybe I could get behind that feature. :cool:

Bruce.

• Funny
Reactions: PLUS EV
The overall cost is higher than I realized it would be. I don't think I could justify paying that much. How feasible is continuing with the Google sheet and free Tableau? If the spreadsheet is getting overwhelmed we could eliminate people who have not been active in over a year.

I tend to agree. The hardcore players might be willing to (begrudginly!) cough up the money, but it seems this would make the game a lot less inclusive which would be a huge negative, especially in the long run. I'm also curious what our other reasonable options are.

That is a little pricey for me as well. Other factors include:

Participants range from the super dedicated (you know who you are!) to the casual player who in a good year for him visits six, and the rest of us in between.
We periodically receive word from new people who recently discover this site and list a lot of visits dating back several years.
How will fees be prorated for those newcomers or for those casual participants?
Are fees refundable in event of calamity or other mishap?

I know zero about the mechanics of these things. But a base of $840 plus an additional $500 for something else is to be allocated among how many people? Then there is the $180 a pop fee. We know the casual people will drop out. We don't know how many of the weekend warriors will drop out, or those who have been unable to do a lot of driving of late like Darren S who will just keep their own private scorecard going forward.

So, put me down for a no. :)

General observation - Imagine you're not currently involved in the game and someone approached you to participate. In the discussion, they mention that it'll cost you $400 a year to participate. Heck, even for $200 assuming you skip the map, how likely would you be to join?

I don't think we can forget that the tracker is evolving with the work @Teefal is doing. Yes, it's more DB-orientated currently but eventually, we wind up with a mobile app. Maybe we take a step back and come up with a short-term and long-term plan?

Agreed with many of the sentiments that have already been shared. The cost of entry is prohibitively expensive and will result in lower participation.

I’m only semi-involved in the database discussion (currently demoing one of the two), but it offers a basic up-to-date map of locations for each competitor. In my opinion, that takes some of the pressure off of relying on Tableau for basic trip planning.

If my recollection of our discussions is correct, going to a database forces us to upgrade Tableau in order to get live updates, else we fall back to manual updates - a regression from where we are now. Given the recurring fees associated with upgrading Tableau, I would be fine using the basic map I’m demoing now with periodic manual Tableau updates for richer data visualizations.

I hear ya and agree. That's why I wanted to post the figures. Let's stick with the Google Sheets for now and see how far it'll get us until either Google Sheets breaks or the free Tableau goes away/becomes unworkable. We may need to eventually remove players who've gone dormant. At least for now, things seem to be holding together. Between @Big Earl and me, we can push updates to Tableau when it hiccups and @JSergeant and @tes-s can hopefully keep Sheets working.

Not to usurp the Admins, but wouldn’t a minimal AWS RDS database tied to the free Tableau account work?

RDS is super cheap for the size of the DB that we have.
It's not the RDS that is driving that cost. The "free" version of Tableau does not allow direct connect to a database. I do not have the skills atm to build visualizations on top of the RDS (or any other relational database) natively with datascience tools. If we found someone in our midst with those skills, they could probably add them. @Teefal might come through or maybe someone could build on top of @aNullValue's database. In short, we now have two database structures available to build upon if we can identify someone who can help us do so.

I do one better than that. I just zoom in on the Nav while I'm in AutoPilot on the highway. You can see all the nearby businesses, hours of operation, and can even call them and ask for details or place an order. All while cruising at 80mph :) This is usually how I figure out where I'm going to stay for the night too, although I also take a quick look at Expedia to get an idea about prices.

This kind of thing is 2nd nature to some of us veterans but yeah, I often cringe at how clueless some of the new Tesla drivers are when it comes to this sort of thing. I mean I guess it's good that the Tesla Navigation is apparently good enough to guide clueless people across the country, but it seems bad that so many people are so heavily reliant on it. I basically only use the multi-stop feature in the Nav when I'm trying to get a general idea for how long a long stretch will take. Then I just plot it out stop by stop on my own.

Lastly, I actually like the Colby stop! It has a Starbucks, Qdoba, and a convenience store. That's about as good as it gets in Western Kansas :)
I can't believe how many times I've been sitting at a supercharger when someone arrives who has clearly never supercharged before. They don't even seem to have even thought for a second that maybe this is a bit different. They are usually super appreciative when I offer some help and advice. It is mindboggling how little many people know about the thing they are purchasing.

Reactions: Tdreamer
Next steps for Tableau. Going to the next level with Tableau would:
  • allow us to connect to a database (there are two databases in work)
  • Instantaneous updates to our data once connected to the database
  • Potentially allow others to edit/update dashboards/visualizations if they wanted
  • Keep the database focused on the data (and data entry) and keep visualizations focused on visualizations
  • Great stability
I don't see word getting around, so I'll just copy/paste this note I got from Patreon:

Greetings supercharge.info patrons.​
I’m writing to let you know that after many years I am stepping away from this project.​
Long time community member Cory Wright has agreed to take over hosting the site and coordinating future improvements. I believe he will discuss some of his plans at forum.supercharge.info in the days ahead.​
Cory and I have been working together for a few weeks to transfer the site infrastructure and code. The final step is to hand over this patreon account, which I will complete after sending this message. You’ll see the creator change from me to Cory, and all of your future contributions will go to Cory.​
I have enjoyed working on supercharge.info and your contributions let me know that the work was appreciated.​
Thank you!​
Keith / Blueshift​

First: Thank you BlueShift for taking on a labor of love for us Tesla owners, without even having a Tesla yourself. (At least as of the last time we talked.) Edit: I guess he did end up getting a Model 3 a couple years back.

Second: Keith and I discussed a couple of times the possibility of adding the "Superchargers Visited" feature to supercharge.info. It would not be a difficult project. I actually did most of it some time ago, when our database was part of the actual blog thread. (That was when it was based on Google Maps, before Google made that too annoying for small projects.) Supercharge.info is SOOOO much more responsive than Tableau. And it has a built-in trip-planning (and -saving) feature, keyed off the user's TMC login (assuming you chose the same id when you created your supercharge.info account).

I propose that we approach Cory about adding this feature. I assume that the Google Sheets API works well enough to make this possible. Another advantage would be that the Superchargers Visited database and the supercharge.info chargers database could be more tightly linked (or possibly merged) to banish the occasional name mismatches in chargers.

Last edited:
I would hope that the number of new Tesla owners who don't realize that they can charge in their own garages, if they have one, are a tiny minority.

However, even the early adopters had to learn the ropes somehow....

Patience for the newcomers, please!
Agreed. I ran across a guy in Texas who had just picked up his used Model S from a non-Tesla dealership in Oklahoma. he pulled into the SC, backed into a stall and then .... couldn't figure out how to open the charge-port door.

Oh my. The dealer certainly failed this guy - a Tesla delivery center would have done a much better job.

While I was charging, I gave him a quick tutorial, showed him how to navigate to his home address, how to find the User's Manual, and of course encouraged him to sign up at TMC to get a heaping helping of the collective wisdom.

Charlton, MA eastbound and westbound just opened. First to charge at both, arriving at west as the supercharger team was leaving and watching westbound getting commissioned before getting the thumbs up to charge 😊
8DF8077C-675E-40AE-B4C2-0DFBE4D83BD5.jpeg
04446596-69D6-4C30-8167-F192BACAEA51.jpeg
7A0F7D74-8889-43A5-82DF-C5DFAA91BAF6.jpeg
0D73163A-A6A4-4D2D-8560-FC4188B9F944.jpeg
AD95A134-48E8-4F8D-AD97-E08105D785BA.jpeg

Well, gang, today was not nearly as titillating as yesterday’s encounter with the 21st Century Lady Godiva gamboling about a Texas picnic area.
Instead, a pickup truck was being winched from a ditch in the median of I-10 east of Junction TX. Not to be outdone, about 15 miles west of Beaumont semi #1 rear-ended the trailer of semi #2 tying up traffic for about 45 minutes. The coup de grace was a jackknifed semi on I-10 smack in the middle of Lake Charles Louisiana. Fun times on Interstate 10 today.

Today’s haul (June the two) all still in Texas:

Leon Springs
San Antonio
Schertz
San Marcos
Flatonia
Columbus
Katy
Houston-Westheimer Road
Houston
Channelview

Thank you!
I performed a perfunctory audit of the new visits on my trip, and my unvisited page lists the SC at the SC in Houston as open. I grabbed that sucker on June two. Please amend when convenient! :)

I don't see word getting around, so I'll just copy/paste this note I got from Patreon:

Greetings supercharge.info patrons.​
I’m writing to let you know that after many years I am stepping away from this project.​
Long time community member Cory Wright has agreed to take over hosting the site and coordinating future improvements. I believe he will discuss some of his plans at forum.supercharge.info in the days ahead.​
Cory and I have been working together for a few weeks to transfer the site infrastructure and code. The final step is to hand over this patreon account, which I will complete after sending this message. You’ll see the creator change from me to Cory, and all of your future contributions will go to Cory.​
I have enjoyed working on supercharge.info and your contributions let me know that the work was appreciated.​
Thank you!​
Keith / Blueshift​

First: Thank you BlueShift for taking on a labor of love for us Tesla owners, without even having a Tesla yourself. (At least as of the last time we talked.) Edit: I guess he did end up getting a Model 3 a couple years back.

Second: Keith and I discussed a couple of times the possibility of adding the "Superchargers Visited" feature to supercharge.info. It would not be a difficult project. I actually did most of it some time ago, when our database was part of the actual blog thread. (That was when it was based on Google Maps, before Google made that too annoying for small projects.) Supercharge.info is SOOOO much more responsive than Tableau. And it has a built-in trip-planning (and -saving) feature, keyed off the user's TMC login (assuming you chose the same id when you created your supercharge.info account).

I propose that we approach Cory about adding this feature. I assume that the Google Sheets API works well enough to make this possible. Another advantage would be that the Superchargers Visited database and the supercharge.info chargers database could be more tightly linked (or possibly merged) to banish the occasional name mismatches in chargers.

Thanks for all of your effort and hard work over the years, @BlueShift; much appreciated.

@corywright: thanks for stepping up and carrying on with this incredible community resource.

@Chuq, @MarcoRP, @tes-s and all of the other supercharge.info editors and contributors, thank you for your diligence and hard work in keeping the information accurate and up to date.