Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
I plan on it, if I get an invite...
I have next to zero chance of getting an invite to the actual event. I'm really going to visit friends and hopefully (but not counting on it) meeting up with some Tesla folks once or twice while there. And supercharger hunting, of course.

Friend, via forwarded email "This isn't that close to my house but could be fun" (Alum event from our alma mater in Philly occurring in Austin while I'm there)
Me "Just 12 more miles south and I can snag the Kyle, TX supercharger"

3/25/2022:

Frederick, MD - Buckeystown Pike

045DA907-9F14-4C57-8784-CEB481F6124B.jpeg

I think today it's broken again.

I'm making slow progress in Florida, but I'm getting there.
View attachment 783490
Florida wore me out. I was there in 2016 and again in 2018 for the first Falcon Heavy launch. With four years and tons of supercharger growth, it seemed like there was a supercharger every other mile. I missed two of them because I lost track of where I was on the list. And, it's a bloody big state.

Hardeeville SC
Yamasee SC
St George SC
Santee SC
Lumberton NC
Raleigh NC
Henderson NC
Stafford VA

Interesting sign at Santee SC. Confirms the old model of having SC at hotels is broken. No opportunity to buy anything except for rare case of actually staying overnight. The WaWa, Sheetz, Caseys model is where it's at. If you let me take a bio break, I will buy a hot dog from you.

IMG_0566.jpg

Hardeeville SC
Yamasee SC
St George SC
Santee SC
Lumberton NC
Raleigh NC
Henderson NC
Stafford VA

Interesting sign at Santee SC. Confirms the old model of having SC at hotels is broken. No opportunity to buy anything except for rare case of actually staying overnight. The WaWa, Sheetz, Caseys model is where it's at. If you let me take a bio break, I will buy a hot dog from you.

View attachment 786265

To me, that sign says “please do not spend the night at the holiday inn” 🤷‍♂️

Hardeeville SC
Yamasee SC
St George SC
Santee SC
Lumberton NC
Raleigh NC
Henderson NC
Stafford VA

View attachment 786265
I find myself increasingly frustrated when I arrive at a supercharger that isn't at something like a Wawa or Sheetz. They are just so convenient, always open, and they know bio breaks are a given. It is amazing how quickly the situation is changing.

IMO, best to worst:
- Wawa, Sheetz, Kum&Go, Royal Farms, travel plaza, Loves, etc,
- Hy-Vee, Target, Walmart
- Hotels
- malls
- restaurants

I find myself increasingly frustrated when I arrive at a supercharger that isn't at something like a Wawa or Sheetz. They are just so convenient, always open, and they know bio breaks are a given. It is amazing how quickly the situation is changing.

IMO, best to worst:
- Wawa, Sheetz, Kum&Go, Royal Farms, travel plaza, Loves, etc,
- Hy-Vee, Target, Walmart
- Hotels
- malls
- restaurants
Like that list, although I'd swap the first two categories.

It is perhaps a minority view here, but my favorite amenity for a Supercharger Station is a supermarket, including Walmart and Super Target: restrooms, free WiFi, food to purchase at decent prices. I generally buy my own food on the road rather than visit restaurants, fast food or convenience stores.

I was quite pleased that the Midwest had two supermarket chains (Hy-Vee, Meijer) that frequently hosted Supercharger Stations. In the PNW one can sometimes find them at Fred Meyer (Kroger) stores. In northern California Target is a common host. Draper UT is at a Smith's (Kroger).

Even some of the hotel sites are convenient to supermarkets. For example, Farmington NM is a one block from an Albertsons and a reasonable walk from Target and Walmart. Boise ID is a reasonable walk from a Walmart.

On the other hand, the new Albuquerque NM Louisiana Blvd NE station is at an outlet mall that doesn't even have public restrooms! You have to go into a mall store, I presume, assuming that it is open. (There is a Trader Joe's store in the mall, a reasonable walk away.) For now, the construction outhouse is still available...

The large majority of the hotel sites I've visited haven't been a problem for restroom use. I presume that the few hotels that don't allow public restroom access get all the attention.

It is perhaps a minority view here, but my favorite amenity for a Supercharger Station is a supermarket, including Walmart and Super Target: restrooms, free WiFi, food to purchase at decent prices. I generally buy my own food on the road rather than visit restaurants, fast food or convenience stores.

I was quite pleased that the Midwest had two supermarket chains (Hy-Vee, Meijer) that frequently hosted Supercharger Stations. In the PNW one can sometimes find them at Fred Meyer (Kroger) stores. In northern California Target is a common host. Draper UT is at a Smith's (Kroger).

Even some of the hotel sites are convenient to supermarkets. For example, Farmington NM is a one block from an Albertsons and a reasonable walk from Target and Walmart. Boise ID is a reasonable walk from a Walmart.

On the other hand, the new Albuquerque NM Louisiana Blvd NE station is at an outlet mall that doesn't even have public restrooms! You have to go into a mall store, I presume, assuming that it is open. (There is a Trader Joe's store in the mall, a reasonable walk away.) For now, the construction outhouse is still available...

The large majority of the hotel sites I've visited haven't been a problem for restroom use. I presume that the few hotels that don't allow public restroom access get all the attention.
I really like the Hy-Vee's, Meijers, Targets, etc as well. I especially like that they usually have plenty of bathrooms, whereas places like Sheetz only have a single stall. The only reason I didn't have them at the top of the list is because the chargers are often way off in the corners and not always very safe feeling late at night.late at night.

I really like the Hy-Vee's, Meijers, Targets, etc as well. I especially like that they usually have plenty of bathrooms, whereas places like Sheetz only have a single stall. The only reason I didn't have them at the top of the list is because the chargers are often way off in the corners and not always very safe feeling late at night.late at night.
Never gave much thought to late at night. I view having the stalls in a remote part of the parking lot as reducing ICEing!

• Funny
Reactions: YYZ-IAD

Plus you get a lot of exercise walking to the supermarket restrooms! I once got my 10,000 steps in simply by doing a Meijer supercharger run and drinking a lot of water.

I think you mean Wawa. The Sheetz restrooms are consistently better than the Wawa restrooms in my experience. But I still can't get over how they put cheese on a hot sandwich after heating it up. I'd like to meet someone who actually prefers it that way and ask him a few questions.

Never gave much thought to late at night. I view having the stalls in a remote part of the parking lot as reducing ICEing!
There have been a couple of instances late at night, like 2 or 3 a.m. where I have felt very unsafe with people standing around in the shadows looking at me. I don't think it is so much about ICEing as part of the agreement to not reduce the best parking for everyone else. One of the ways I think we will know the tide has truly turned is when the charging locations become the preferred parking spots. That is the case in a few instances but by and large, charging is relegated to the back of the lots because we just don't matter that much to them yet.

On a recent road trip, I went through the Southeast on I-85, I-65, and I-10. Almost every supercharger that I stopped after Atlanta to the Texas state line, was either at a Target, or at least had a Target nearby. (Greenville, AL, was at a hotel, and Baton Rogue was at a Trader Joe's.)

Separate from that trip, I noticed the Raleigh and Cary, NC, superchargers are also at Targets. Maybe it's a Southern thing?

As others have already pointed out, the problem with shopping centers is less the walk across the parking lot, and more the lack of facilities and security after the stores close. That's why I think the convenience store model will win out in the long-term.

03/27
Might be another first
Woodbridge Potomac Town Place

View attachment 786577
I've marked this open in the spreadsheet. I'll stop by in an hour or so to confirm.

On a recent road trip, I went through the Southeast on I-85, I-65, and I-10. Almost every supercharger that I stopped after Atlanta to the Texas state line, was either at a Target, or at least had a Target nearby. (Greenville, AL, was at a hotel, and Baton Rogue was at a Trader Joe's.)

Separate from that trip, I noticed the Raleigh and Cary, NC, superchargers are also at Targets. Maybe it's a Southern thing?

As others have already pointed out, the problem with shopping centers is less the walk across the parking lot, and more the lack of facilities and security after the stores close. That's why I think the convenience store model will win out in the long-term.
Target has a nationwide strategy to install superchargers at many of its locations. Same with Meijer and Hy-Vee. Regarding convenience stores, the chains that I know are all-in are Sheetz, Wawa, and Kum&Go. As far as I can tell, royal Farms is only partially committed to superchargers.

Here is a 2018 article talking about Target's plans!

Reactions: vanjwilson