Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
I started from the City, but you're going to need more than just 255 miles of range if you're starting from the Island.
Apparently Tesla does have a designs to build an underwater car...so that would likely do it. :)

Heh, I should have just said "Mackinaw area in general" since it might be from an overnight Hotel stay and not necessarily the destination charger there.

Also, as you've informed me, Mackinac Island doesn't allow any vehicles on it and I should have remembered that.

Reactions: DavidB
Heh, I should have just said "Mackinaw area in general" since it might be from an overnight Hotel stay and not necessarily the destination charger there.

Also, as you've informed me, Mackinac Island doesn't allow any vehicles on it and I should have remembered that.

Hey...you're getting the spelling right between the Island and the City which puts you way ahead of many other people. So you're doing alright.

There is also another Tesla destination charger at a hotel just about 40 miles past the bridge going west. The other Destination Charger is also at the hotel in Escanaba. Mackinaw City has several places with Destination Chargers, and in fact, one of them is in the parking lot that you would use if you were heading over to the Island. Bring your bike... 8.2 miles around the outside if you want a nice and easy ride, or you can go across the middle if you want to tackle some hills. Being on the Island for the 4th of July is also a great treat.

Have another one to add to the list.

Lansing,MI - 6/12/19

Hit 150kw at this one, first time doing that.

C45C74A2-6E65-4B76-A036-440FD29F984E.jpeg 2ABEB731-783E-4D28-9CF2-5B4A910566CA.jpeg

Attachments

• 4EE6D289-8274-47DF-93B2-84EE4723F1B1.jpeg
    4EE6D289-8274-47DF-93B2-84EE4723F1B1.jpeg
    708.8 KB · Views: 47
  • 34C8ED55-2525-4DCF-AD7E-7E53EAADEF4D.jpeg
    34C8ED55-2525-4DCF-AD7E-7E53EAADEF4D.jpeg
    670.3 KB · Views: 44
We are continuing on our trip to Montana. Please add the following new locations for me:

06/10/19
Sacramento, CA
Sacramento - Arden Way, CA
Rocklin (SC), CA
Folsom - Iron Point Road, CA
Folsom - Palladio, CA

06/11/19
Pocatello, ID
Idaho Falls, ID
Lima, MT

We had dinner and stayed overnight at Jan's Cafe & Cabins at the Lima, MT supercharger location. The cabin was very old and rustic but nice and clean and the food was great. Now we are staying for 4 nights in Hamilton, Montana about 195 miles from the Lima supercharger. I could not find any charging in the area (it's about 50 miles further to Missoula), so I plugged in to a 120V, 15A outlet at the hotel. We are going on van tours the next 2 days so 15A should be sufficient.

IMG_9854.jpg
IMG_9841.jpg
IMG_9878.jpg
IMG_9879.jpg

That's cool that your Nav was working for that trek. My Nav didn't want to have anything to do with my little journey across the UP. It kept telling me that I needed to go back to Gaylord and then was routing me through Chicago. But I guess that's to be expected when you leave with only 4 miles of range to spare. I think at about 50-60 miles out it finally figured out that I would be able to make it and I was able to use the Nav to get me to the charger.
I just turn off the Trip Planner in those situations. In this case, when I left Gaylord, it simultaneously said "Charging needed to reach destination" and that I would arrive with 3% remaining. After a few miles of driving 60mph on the freeway, it recalibrated to 5% and then towards the middle of the trip, it said 9-10%.

• Informative
Reactions: IT Geek
Well done. Regarding open places, I've had very good success using Google Maps and searching for something and one of the default filters is "Open Now" and it filters out everything that is listed as closed / after hours.
I'll keep that in mind. In this case the Tesla Nav listed a particular McDonald's as 24/7. Then when I got there, there were big signs saying "Drive thru open 24/7," yet everything was closed and there were even cones blocking the drive thru. Pretty strange! It wasn't a big deal in terms of range, but more that I was dog tired (and hungry obv) and ended up getting to the hotel at like 4am instead of 3:30am ish.

Looks like you had AP on. While drafting, do you keep your distance set to 1?

From the map, looks like you didn't stop in to say hi to our mutual friend in the UP and help him shovel his roof. :)
Yeah set to 1.

And definitely didn't have the range to make it to Houghton. I would have had to overnight with him and plug into his dryer outlet if I wanted to go up there!

We are continuing on our trip to Montana. Please add the following new locations for me:

06/10/19
Sacramento, CA
Sacramento - Arden Way, CA
Rocklin (SC), CA
Folsom - Iron Point Road, CA
Folsom - Palladio, CA

06/11/19
Pocatello, ID
Idaho Falls, ID
Lima, MT

We had dinner and stayed overnight at Jan's Cafe & Cabins at the Lima, MT supercharger location. The cabin was very old and rustic but nice and clean and the food was great. Now we are staying for 4 nights in Hamilton, Montana about 195 miles from the Lima supercharger. I could not find any charging in the area (it's about 50 miles further to Missoula), so I plugged in to a 120V, 15A outlet at the hotel. We are going on van tours the next 2 days so 15A should be sufficient.

View attachment 418725 View attachment 418726 View attachment 418727 View attachment 418728

Updated, @AzEd. +8 to 273 and enjoy the travels through there.

Question, was a small detour thru Butte not an option? It looks like 30 to 35 miles farther that way but is only 105 miles from Hamilton instead of 195 miles (from Lima). Maybe it wasn't needed since you have at least 48 hrs at 3 miles-per-hour on 120v and you are only 50 or 100 miles from 2 locations and a 3rd day of charging should get enough to make it back to Lima but good job exploring the area.

As for charging locations in the area, if you take the Butte-to-Hamilton route then there is a Tesla HPWC not far off the route at The Ranch at Rock Creek in Porters Corner (60 miles from Butte and 50 miles from Hamilton).

upload_2019-6-13_6-47-49.png

Last edited:
Reactions: DavidB
Please add Las Vegas Tivoli Village and Las Vegas Alta Drive. There are 2 chargers at Tivoli Village.One was occupied when I arrived I charged for a short period of time with a low charging rate; so, I went to Alta Drive instead. I found 6 of the 10 chargers at Alta drive. There are supposedly 4 that I could not find. Just before I left Alta Drive, the 6 that I found were all utilized. I went to a Tesla group lunch on Sunday at Lazy Dog. There was a line of cars waiting to use the Las Vegas Blvd Superchargers.

Please add Las Vegas Tivoli Village and Las Vegas Alta Drive. There are 2 chargers at Tivoli Village.One was occupied when I arrived I charged for a short period of time with a low charging rate; so, I went to Alta Drive instead. I found 6 of the 10 chargers at Alta drive. There are supposedly 4 that I could not find. Just before I left Alta Drive, the 6 that I found were all utilized. I went to a Tesla group lunch on Sunday at Lazy Dog. There was a line of cars waiting to use the Las Vegas Blvd Superchargers.

Updated. +2 to 160.

Last night I witnessed my Mariners defeating the Twins 9 to 6 in my 32nd MLB ballpark. I have now completed the stadium cycle, at least until the Rangers open a new one next year.

Tonight I will be watching the NBA Finals in some random sports bar in my 50th state capital, Pierre, South Dakota.

Darren will be relieved that I did not make it up to the Northwest Angle. I decided to hold off until North Dakota or Transcanada get superchargers. I actually think it would be easier to hit from Winnipeg than it would be from I-94. I have not researched but I'm guessing there isn't even a real border crossing there if you are already in Canada. Probably one of those where you just sign in to a log book.

Last night I witnessed my Mariners defeating the Twins 9 to 6 in my 32nd MLB ballpark. I have now completed the stadium cycle, at least until the Rangers open a new one next year.

Tonight I will be watching the NBA Finals in some random sports bar in my 50th state capital, Pierre, South Dakota.

Darren will be relieved that I did not make it up to the Northwest Angle. I decided to hold off until North Dakota or Transcanada get superchargers. I actually think it would be easier to hit from Winnipeg than it would be from I-94. I have not researched but I'm guessing there isn't even a real border crossing there if you are already in Canada. Probably one of those where you just sign in to a log book.

Great trip achievements, @PLUS EV. Actually, I researched the Northwest Angle a few months back when I thought I'd give it a shot after Custer and it is one better than simply signing a Log book ... you make a Phone call via videophone to US Customs and then when leaving and crossing the border you use the same phone to call the Canucks. How fun!

Northwest Angle - Wikipedia

(Photo from Wiki)

upload_2019-6-13_20-14-41.png

I just looked it up and the crossing isn’t unstaffed. Visitors are expected to contact Customs by phone once in town.

Interestingly, you can access Angle by car in the winter via an ice road across the lake. The winter ice road is the only way to travel to Angle domestically by car.

Updated, @AzEd. +8 to 273 and enjoy the travels through there.

Question, was a small detour thru Butte not an option? It looks like 30 to 35 miles farther that way but is only 105 miles from Hamilton instead of 195 miles (from Lima). Maybe it wasn't needed since you have at least 48 hrs at 3 miles-per-hour on 120v and you are only 50 or 100 miles from 2 locations and a 3rd day of charging should get enough to make it back to Lima but good job exploring the area.

As for charging locations in the area, if you take the Butte-to-Hamilton route then there is a Tesla HPWC not far off the route at The Ranch at Rock Creek in Porters Corner (60 miles from Butte and 50 miles from Hamilton).

I did consider a detour through Butte but I did not think it necessary since I had 3 days in Hamilton with very little driving. I've never had a problem finding a 120V outlet at a hotel, even if I had to run an extension cord. I carry a 50 ft. 3/10AWG outdoor cord with me and have used it a few times. The only problem I have ever had was at the historic Ben Lomond hotel in Ogden, UT where the 3-prong 120V outlet was installed incorrectly without a ground. The car would not accept it and gave me a flashing error message on the UMC. I found a less convenient outlet that was wired correctly.

The 180 mile trip (not 194 as I said before) from Lima to Hamilton used 65% charge (97% - 32%) and after 24 hours it's back up to 70%. From here we are heading to I-90 and will add the chargers from Superior to Sheridan, then down I-25 to pick up a few more and then home to Phoenix. It will be a 4,500 mile, 17 day road trip.

Reactions: Darren S