Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well it sounds like you chose an appropriate handle then :)

I'm curious though. Where were you coming from and what do you think was the issue? I'm guessing maybe the wind caught you off guard.

I remember on my first Tesla road trip being shocked how much energy I burned going from Beatty to Tonopah. I had thought that I way overcharged in Beatty, but then I burned through something like 200 rated miles on the way to Tonopah (it's only a 94 mile leg). I remember actually slowing down near the end out of fear that I wouldn't make it. It was my first trip so I was probably being very conservative, but it was still a shock to me. In hindsight, I think I must have been driving into a stiff headwind or at least a crosswind. I was so green at the time that I didn't put any thought into what effect the wind might have on my range. I was aware of the big elevation gain, but I'm not sure that I yet understood how much that would hurt my range (the elevation alone kills off over 30 rated miles on this leg). And of course, I drove 80mph the whole way until getting nervous near the end and slowing down. I think I arrived with 20-30 rated miles and then realized that I probably didn't need to slow down, but like I said, it was my first road trip, so I wasn't going to cut it close.
the main issue was that i discovered there are no fast chargers in death valley. There are 4 slowish chargers located in an unshaded spot in a construction zone, where you could not possibly spend the several hours required. I had looked up reviews before left and was surprised by what I found in reality. There are chargers for guests at places I wasn't staying .No fast charging.

Then, i was off grid and went by memory of the distance to Beatty. I missed the fact that there's a shorter route.

My first trip in a Tesla, so I may have missed something , aside from the shorter route.

the main issue was that i discovered there are no fast chargers in death valley. There are 4 slowish chargers located in an unshaded spot in a construction zone, where you could not possibly spend the several hours required. I had looked up reviews before left and was surprised by what I found in reality. There are chargers for guests at places I wasn't staying .No fast charging.

Then, i was off grid and went by memory of the distance to Beatty. I missed the fact that there's a shorter route.

My first trip in a Tesla, so I may have missed something , aside from the shorter route.
Just did this route today actually and cleared my first state! (Arizona)

There are actually a handful of free chademos along this route now, including both Beatty and Tonopah; also a chademo in between and Goldfield.

Hoped to pick up more both weather didn't cooperate:

White Hills, AZ
Las Vegas, NV - Grand Central Parkway
Beatty, NV
Tonopah, NV
Hawthorne, NV

I wouldn't have expected any L3 charging in a remote place like Death Valley. I do see some L2s on Plugshare where you could have topped up. I guess the elevation may have caught you off guard. Even Beatty is high elevation compared to Death Valley :) Something like a 3600 ft uphill climb from Badwater Basin.

Reactions: GreenDriver
I am concerned, last post April 2020, last seen on TMC May 2020. 🙏

I reached months ago. crickets. I hope he is well and just working hard.

He’s also been emailed at his personal email last week. No response.

Strange. I had just assumed he was taking a break from the supercharger game due to the pandemic. I guess quite a few people are doing that but most of them at least pop in and post something from time to time. Hopefully it isn't something worse.

Checked the obits in his hometown. Lots of disruption with the pandemic, so several viable explanations.
IT Geek did respond to my text. He is okay. Just hunkered down.

I am also on a Sprinter forum and a few RV forums and members dying off is a regular thing. But they don't always go silent, usually a family member will respond to emails to let the world know what happened. When no one was able to reach IT Geek I figured he was just not responding.

FYSA, the entire Tableau Public site is down.

upload_2021-3-4_8-51-7-png.641940
Is this still an issue? I notice it shows I have cleared the West Coast, which is great, but I don't think I have.

I noticed a few hours ago that mine had yet again reverted to the "Stockton" map, but it looks good now so whatever you did worked. Now if we could just figure out away to program it to automatically push an update :)
It is supposed to do just that and did so for several years. I haven't been able to determine if the current challenges are related to the acquisition of Tableau by Salesforce or by our data structures that have grown in size and complexity over the years. Anyway, it isn't a big deal for me to rectify, I just have to have access to my main computer and a few minutes of time. Just let me know whenever we see the problem and I'll fix it.

What is the group's consensus about Salem, VA? Is it a temporary location that will go away or is it a temporary location that will eventually become permanent? If the former, any guesses how long it'll be around?

It is a non-trivial drive from DC and there is nothing else out that way for me to get, so am trying to decide whether to make a special trip or wait for a trip where it is along the route.

What is the group's consensus about Salem, VA? Is it a temporary location that will go away or is it a temporary location that will eventually become permanent? If the former, any guesses how long it'll be around?

It is a non-trivial drive from DC and there is nothing else out that way for me to get, so am trying to decide whether to make a special trip or wait for a trip where it is along the route.

I posed this question about both Knoxville Neyland Drive and the Salem temporary sites and got no pushback. From what I can tell, I’m the only one who charged at Knoxville. Both @Thinkje and I have charged at Salem. I’d like these to stay around in the history as it adds a little twist to the game. Since supercharge.info does not seem to be adding battery trailer temp sites, I say those don’t count even though they show up on the Tesla navigation.

So I'm looking at the Unique Supercharger Visits Leaderboard graph and wondering what the Supercharger team at Tesla has generated and what they think of the weirdos who are running around the country plugging their car in anywhere they can.

There are also some of you with curves that appear as though you've picked up hundreds of unique visits in a single outing. Must be nice to not live in the desert of EV charging ... ;)

• Funny
Reactions: pdxrajiv
So I'm looking at the Unique Supercharger Visits Leaderboard graph and wondering what the Supercharger team at Tesla has generated and what they think of the weirdos who are running around the country plugging their car in anywhere they can.

There are also some of you with curves that appear as though you've picked up hundreds of unique visits in a single outing. Must be nice to not live in the desert of EV charging ... ;)
I typically don’t get to my first new supercharger in the first 1000 miles. We all travel far outside our zip codes often for weeks at a time. So there’s that!

Perhaps I’ve revealed too much about my vaccination schedule:)
Nah I had this trip planned for a while. Hoping to catch some basketball games in Indiana. Was also going to try to go to some in Vegas last week, but they didn't allow fans so I audibled to spring training in Arizona instead.

Ironically the one thing that could have gotten me to stick around in WA a little longer would have been the possibility of getting a vaccine in March, but when I left home a week ago, it was looking like May at the soonest for me. I have an (admittedly) weak co-morbidity or two that would qualify me in something like 46 states, but WA doesn't seem to care much about the co-morbidities. If you aren't old and you aren't employed in one of the thousands of essential professions (yes, I'm rolling my eyes here), you gotta get to the back of the line!

• Informative
Reactions: Bighorn