Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, I'm new here! Had my M3 since March of last year but didn't know about this competition until last week! Yesterday I went charger hopping from Maryland to Staten Island. Included are my unique charger visits from the past year.

Huutd
Springfield, VA03/14/2020
Rockville, MD
Frederick, MD
Reston, VA
Madison, VA07/18/2020
Glen Allen09/03/2020
Henderson09/03/2020
Cary, NC09/03/2020
North Hills09/04/2020
Chantilly09/09/2020
Falls Church11/28/2020
Woodbridge02/23/2021
Leesburg, VA03/19/2021
Ashburn, VA
Laurel, MD03/20/2021
Hanover, MD
Baltimore-McHenry Row
Baltimore-Boston St
White Marsh, MD
Maryland House
Chesapeake House
Delaware House
Claymont-Phila Pike
Claymont, DE
Glen Mills, PA
Paulsboro, NJ
Deptford, NJ
Marlton
Maple Shade
Philly-Center City
Philly-North 20th
Philly-Church Street
Bensalem, PA
Burlington, NJ
Robbinsville Yep, NJ
Staten Island
Woodbridge Township
Edison
Allentown
Way to catch the bug!

OK, maybe it isn't a challenge for others. I think the diff for me is that I can see the Supercharger dots but not the major highways underneath. Especially in Tableau which is the BEST app for figuring out where you want to go next.

View attachment 646575

Perhaps it's a LITTLE more obvious in Supercharger.info

View attachment 646573

But I would not say I am finding an obvious way to pick up Montrose, can I get it and Aspen from Blanding? Do I have to go thru Grand Junction which I will pass thru every time I go this way?

And all those chargers around Denver, what's the best route to pick them up w/ the least amount of backtracking. I know they are all probably very close so probably not a big deal, and perhaps using google maps to create a route and then optimize it could be a good strategy. I don't know. I just thought I would ask what others are doing.

Like I said, I use the Mapquest optimizer to get the shortest route among up to 26 stops and then I save them into ABRP as it allows me to save and later edit or archive my big trips. With the ability to grab all the remaining Superchargers in an area with Tableau (unless you are using Safari for Mac):

View attachment 646583

I thought there might be a way to optimize this process. Would be great to copy and paste the locations into Mapquest or ABRP. As it stands it still hand entry, copy and paste each entry on the list Tableau creates is about the fastest.

But likely you are correct. It's not un-obvious that Trinidad is NOT going to be on this trip, I can just grab the ones that Tesla Nav lays at my feet. I am probably just obsessed with clearing states as I have done in the past with the 4 states near me.

Clearing Colorado (except Trinidad) in a tough one! I eyed this up for a while and decided to plug it into the optimizer. The resulting route looks very interesting and manages to avoid a lot of interstate.

I’m putting the results behind a spoiler tag just in case you don’t want to see them... ;)

Entering the state from the west on I-70 and exiting the state on I-25 toward Cheyenne. Fastest route, as the shortest route is often significantly slower.

Total distance: 1,089.5 miles
Driving time: 21 hours, 28 minutes
Total time: 24 hours, 2 minutes*

*I set each Supercharger stop at 7 minutes as my default. Your average time may vary depending on driving behavior and charger density. You can easily use ABRP to calculate more accurate charge and drive times.

Color code: red = V3, orange = V2, blue = urban

BFB57171-FEF0-4FF4-9C61-201269ACC88F.jpeg
A9ABAB3B-B544-4052-9AB9-FA3186CF3D8B.jpeg

Last edited:
Can you clarify the dates for the first four - I was assuming that the date 3/14/2020 repeated for Rockville, Frederick and Reston, but 3/14/2020 is 3 months before Reston opened, so that can't be correct.

Anyway, welcome to the competition.
Checked my account. Found two dates but not one for Rockville. That must have been a free charger since its in a paid garage.

Reston 10/13/2020
Rockville ??
Frederick 10/17/2020

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

Last edited:
OK, maybe it isn't a challenge for others. I think the diff for me is that I can see the Supercharger dots but not the major highways underneath. Especially in Tableau which is the BEST app for figuring out where you want to go next.

Not trying to be smart, Randy.....:)

When I undertake such a venture, I dust off my handy paper maps. They show all the highways (and the occasional major country road) in a nice, clear, wide open picture. There is no restriction due to screen size or computer algorithm. :mad:

I may have to do some arithmetic to calculate the mileage between A and B taking secondary roads, but that lets me know if my preferred route is doable with my car. I can keep Tableau open on my machine while I putz around with paper maps.

For example, you might be able to backtrack from Blanding to LaSal Jct. Then head east out of Utah into Colorado to Ridgway, then north on US550 to Montrose. I don't know the distance, but once you calculate the distance, you can enter the legs into Supercharger.info and see how much range you will chew up in your quest. (By the way, that road is a beautiful drive--I made it from Telluride to Moab in our S without stopping, but going west is all downhill.)

Ridgway has some 30A public chargers if you find yourself running low.

There is also a highway out of Delta to the Colorado state highway (88 I think) that heads to Aspen. That too is a pretty drive. I would hazard a guess that your 3 could make that trip with 90%. Then from Aspen, over Independence Pass (if open) and south to Poncha Springs.

And then again, I have been all over the western US so many times that many of these roads are etched into my gray matter. I'd probably come a cropper east of the Continental Divide!

• Helpful
Reactions: israndy
Spreadsheet says I got a first visit. Which one? Never thought that would be possible.
Firsts get colored in bright green in the cell that captures the date. I don't see a first for you.

I'll let you know when you have a map on Tableau. @tes-s has to do some spreadsheet magic and then Tableau has to update. In the interim, here are some posts I encourage you to review related to Tableau and how it operates.

We figured it out. There are now two ways to get the direct URL to your map. 1) From the Leaderboard worksheet, just click on your bar and it will spawn a new tab in your browser that goes directly to your map. 2) Visit the Leaderboard tab in the Google spreadsheet and click your handle name. For this second item, the table is also embedded within the first post of this thread.

I suggest bookmarking your direct URL. Now that we have a single master map, I can continue to enhance it without having to update 90 maps. There are several downsides to this approach but overall it'll be way easier to manage. Let me know how it works for you. Share some screenshots of how your map looks on your phone.

From the first page in the wiki, the links are available. Clicking on the title will bring you to the Leaderboard worksheet, and clicking on a competitor handle will bring you directly to their map.

View attachment 598270

You can also get to this sheet directly by going to Superchargers Visited (bit.ly/superchargergame) - this is helpful if you are on a new device and don't have it bookmarked.

No problem. Bookmark and save this URL. It will turn on construction too. Make sure to delete your other saved bookmark or rename it so it is easy to pick the correct URL from your bookmarks.

All, if you want to see construction as well, append the following to your existing URL:

&Not%20visited%20status=Not%20Yet%20Visited,Construction​
If you always want to see it this way, I would recommend updating your saved bookmark for your map

11-2-2020
Marin City, CA
Los Altos, CA
Scotts Valley, CA
Monterey, CA
Paso Robles, CA

I am up to 191, next stop is home.

Yes. Scroll down below the maps or leaderboards and you'll see a list of pages on the right side. When you click these links, they will take you to a permanent link for that specific dashboard. Use the links to the left of the one labeled "Tabs used for dashboards ->"

The link you are looking for is titled "Competitor maps visited"

View attachment 605240

@PLUS EV - I've made the timeline map for you to help me avoid focusing on the other stuff that is happening tonight.

Go to the Supercharger timeline dashboard. It will default to 11/19/2012, the day the first superchargers came online. You then have several options on moving through the timeline.

You can move forward and back one opening date at a time by clicking the left and right buttons beside the date entry.

View attachment 605249

You can jump to a specific Open Date by clicking on the date entry and picking the next date from the list. You can also just drag the slider below the date.

View attachment 605250

Another option is to "play" the growth by clicking the play stop buttons. This isn't particularly quick but is pretty neat.

View attachment 605251

Finally, the "Show history" toggle determines whether all the superchargers opened before that date will also show up on the map or just the superchargers that opened ON that date. Show history is on by default.

Here is the map as of 5/8/2014.

View attachment 605252

• Informative
Reactions: NKYTA
When I undertake such a venture, I dust off my handy paper maps. They show all the highways (and the occasional major country road) in a nice, clear, wide open picture. There is no restriction due to screen size or computer algorithm. :mad:
When the zombie apocalypse hits, everyone's going to raid YOUR house first. ;)

• Funny
Reactions: cpa and NKYTA

View attachment 646575

Perhaps it's a LITTLE more obvious in Supercharger.info

View attachment 646573

But I would not say I am finding an obvious way to pick up Montrose, can I get it and Aspen from Blanding? Do I have to go thru Grand Junction which I will pass thru every time I go this way?

And all those chargers around Denver, what's the best route to pick them up w/ the least amount of backtracking. I know they are all probably very close so probably not a big deal, and perhaps using google maps to create a route and then optimize it could be a good strategy. I don't know. I just thought I would ask what others are doing.

Like I said, I use the Mapquest optimizer to get the shortest route among up to 26 stops and then I save them into ABRP as it allows me to save and later edit or archive my big trips. With the ability to grab all the remaining Superchargers in an area with Tableau (unless you are using Safari for Mac):

View attachment 646583

I thought there might be a way to optimize this process. Would be great to copy and paste the locations into Mapquest or ABRP. As it stands it still hand entry, copy and paste each entry on the list Tableau creates is about the fastest.

But likely you are correct. It's not un-obvious that Trinidad is NOT going to be on this trip, I can just grab the ones that Tesla Nav lays at my feet. I am probably just obsessed with clearing states as I have done in the past with the 4 states near me.
Those are some tricky ones. All of the streets and interstates are visible in Tableau, you just have to keep zooming in. I've poked around a bit to see if I can make the streets more prominent and am not seeing a way to do that just yet. I'll look around a bit more.

I often have Google Maps up in a different browser to better see the roads. Locations like Trinidad and Craig Colorado take a lot of effort. I often leave them behind. For me, Chillicothe, OH is going to be a royal PIA to bag...it will take a conscious effort to find some way to slot it in. I see @Bighorn used his fancy tools to find you the shortest route through all of the Colorado locations.

OK, maybe it isn't a challenge for others. But I would not say I am finding an obvious way to pick up Montrose, can I get it and Aspen from Blanding? Do I have to go thru Grand Junction which I will pass thru every time I go this way?
Speaking as a Colorado resident:

If Blanding is your entrance gateway, then Montrose is an easy first stop. Thereafter, Grand Junction, Glenwood, Aspen (out and back; Independence Pass not open yet), up to Craig, Kremmling, Silverthorne, Idaho Springs. Thence CO74 to Aspen Park, Lakewood, Superior, Boulder, Estes Park out-and-back. Now Thornton, Brighton, Denver (near the airport), both Lonetree and Centennial. They get sparser after that: Colorado Springs, long slog to Trinidad, back up to Limon and Brush.

If you feel like Grand Junction will be nailed on another trip, try going straight north over from Montrose, right to CO65, up thru Cedaredge, then over the Grand Mesa to the interstate. You can also go from Montrose thru Delta, CO133 over McClure pass to Aspen.

Note that @ThisIsTrue and @dgpcolorado live outside of Ridgway, south of Montrose; I don't think they've ever met, even though they live a couple of miles apart. @MorrisonHiker is just south of Lakewood; I live a similar distance north of it, but will be somewhere around southern Montana on my own SC capture drive to Custer when you come thru.

Edit: just saw Big Earl's algorithmically generated map. It has a lot of similarities to mine, but ccw instead of clockwise. I would still do Aspen Park before Lakewood, it's just a more interesting road. OTOH, going east from Estes Park is ALSO an interesting road.

Last edited:
Those are some tricky ones. All of the streets and interstates are visible in Tableau, you just have to keep zooming in. I've poked around a bit to see if I can make the streets more prominent and am not seeing a way to do that just yet. I'll look around a bit more.

I often have Google Maps up in a different browser to better see the roads. Locations like Trinidad and Craig Colorado take a lot of effort. I often leave them behind. For me, Chillicothe, OH is going to be a royal PIA to bag...it will take a conscious effort to find some way to slot it in. I see @Bighorn used his fancy tools to find you the shortest route through all of the Colorado locations.

This isn’t the fastest route to Chillicothe but it sure is a kick-ass drive.

C4AD82D5-7670-4295-B6EE-A47C43F37B9C.jpeg