Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for tracking me down! It was great to meet you in person.

@Big Earl saw me on Glympse and got to the Market Street supercharger just as I was leaving, and we met up at Riverdale for a nice chat.

April 15
Woodcliff Lake, NJ
Doylestown, PA
Lancaster, PA
Gettysburg, PA
Hagerstown, MD
Frederick, MD
Leesburg, VA
Ashburn, VA
Chantilly, VA
Reston, VA
Vienna, VA
Falls Church, VA
Rockville, MD
North Bethesda, MD
Washington, DC
Washington, DC - Market Street NE
Riverdale Park, MD
Hanover, MD
Baltimore, MD
Baltimore, MD
White Marsh, MD

April 16
Pedricktown, NJ
Clarksburg, NJ

It was great meeting you! Looks like you moved up a few spots - now tied with @evp in 13th. Hopefully we'll see you in Custer. :)

I had an enjoyable 3-day weekend and cleared out most of my pending New England locations. 23 in 2,580 miles so an average of 112 miles driven per new location! A good portion of it was through the forests (and mostly at night) so that cut down on the amount of distance that could be covered but it was so much more rewarding especially when I would go 1 or 2 hrs even during the day without seeing another vehicle and was almost never stuck behind another vehicle or a camper on the long dozen or so mile stretches of no passing zones.

I changed plans midway into the trip and ended up just doing a lap of Maine to clear the state but that meant I had to skip the ones near Boston and NYC so I'll just grab those on the next trip. I was able to stop by and chat for a short time with @Half Dollar Bill since it was daytime there and @benswing I would have met you and some others at a local charger but those were all during the middle of the night so I'll try to plan better for next time.
...you never call anymore... 😭😭😭

You're forgiven this time, but PLAN BETTER NEXT TIME, SHEESH!

• Funny
Reactions: DavidB and Big Earl
Supercharge.info lists them as Pedricktown - Clara Barton, NJ for the southbound location and Pedricktown - John Fenwick, NJ for the northbound side.

Our spreadsheet lists Pedricktown, John Fenwick, NJ and Pedricktown (Southbound), NJ.

I'll have to check what the car's navigation says when I get home, unless someone else has their car readily available and can check the names of both locations.

Supercharge.info lists them as Pedricktown - Clara Barton, NJ for the southbound location and Pedricktown - John Fenwick, NJ for the northbound side.

Our spreadsheet lists Pedricktown, John Fenwick, NJ and Pedricktown (Southbound), NJ.

I'll have to check what the car's navigation says when I get home, unless someone else has their car readily available and can check the names of both locations.
I fixed the spreadsheet. I visited the northbound one, John Fenwick. I'll save the southbound one for when I'm heading south.... :)

supercharge.info and tesla went through some iterations on naming.

1618597547279.png

Attachments

• 1618597287035.png
    1618597287035.png
    15.2 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
...you never call anymore... 😭😭😭

You're forgiven this time, but PLAN BETTER NEXT TIME, SHEESH!
I keep thinking the same thing. Perhaps we need to add each of our own addresses to the spreadsheet so people can see in Tableau who they haven't visited along with the Superchargers yet to touch. For the top 5 we may just need to populate that field from their car's GPS as they seem rarely home to visit with.

Reactions: benswing
Okay, I am willfully demonstrating my California ignorance about the eastern part of these United States.

Out here in the west, toll roads are pretty rare. In fact, California did not have any toll roads until about 15 years ago when some sort of private-public arrangement constructed some toll highways in Orange and San Diego Counties. Shortly after, toll lanes appeared on some of the more congested freeways about Los Angeles, San Diego, and the Bay Area. These toll lanes have crazy rules but generally are cheap--even free if carpooling.

That said, we do have toll bridges about the Bay Area. The tolls for the six state-owned bridges are $6; I think the Bay Bridge might charge $5 during off peak times. The Golden Gate (not owned by the state) charges more--I think about $8.50 or so during rush hour and maybe a buck less at other times. Some ferries charge, like the San Diego-Coronado ferry. Others are free, like the ones in the Delta.

Tolls are only collected in one direction, generally heading west into San Francisco, south into San Francisco, or north across the eastern stretches of the bay.

Come to research the Pennsylvania Turnpike. Geez Louise! Two bits per mile, and roughly half if you buy this EZ Pass device. This is confiscatory! Are there surcharges to boot? Like having to exit to use a bathroom or charge your car and then reentering the toll road? And a person has to register to use the turnpike it seems so you can be billed for usage. To a life-long Californian this is ridiculous. It is why we have fuel taxes.

My friend told me that the last time he drove the Pennsylvania Turnpike (2014 or so) it was in pretty crappy condition.

So, how are the alternatives, like US30 to using a toll road that effectively charges a quarter per mile for the privilege of driving on a road constructed in the '60s with no improvements since? And does the state/city have tolls on bridges across the Monongahela, Allegheny, and Ohio Rivers, or other navigable waterways? What other surprises are in store in the eastern United States?

🤬

Once you’re east of the Mississippi, toll roads prevail. Southern CA has some pricy private toll roads that I’m signed up for. An EZ Pass and SunPass (Florida) suffice for simplicity. Your local discount will depend on what state issues your EZPass. It’s nice that Nav gives the option of avoiding toll roads. PA is probably the worst and you certainly don’t always get what you pay for.

Add: A perk of covid is that PA hasn’t had its act together to collect tolls during the no stop phase.

Last edited:
Reactions: Big Earl
Tolls can cost me $45 round trip from Connecticut to Philadelphia if I go the New Jersey Turnpike and George Washington Bridge. If I go Tappan Zee Bridge, I-87, I-287, and 202 it costs about $5 for the Tappan Zee Bridge on the way home. No way to cross the Hudson River for free, though toll is only collected one way. I can get to Manhattan free, and Long Island free if I go through Manhattan.

Okay, I am willfully demonstrating my California ignorance about the eastern part of these United States.

Out here in the west, toll roads are pretty rare. In fact, California did not have any toll roads until about 15 years ago when some sort of private-public arrangement constructed some toll highways in Orange and San Diego Counties. Shortly after, toll lanes appeared on some of the more congested freeways about Los Angeles, San Diego, and the Bay Area. These toll lanes have crazy rules but generally are cheap--even free if carpooling.

That said, we do have toll bridges about the Bay Area. The tolls for the six state-owned bridges are $6; I think the Bay Bridge might charge $5 during off peak times. The Golden Gate (not owned by the state) charges more--I think about $8.50 or so during rush hour and maybe a buck less at other times. Some ferries charge, like the San Diego-Coronado ferry. Others are free, like the ones in the Delta.

Tolls are only collected in one direction, generally heading west into San Francisco, south into San Francisco, or north across the eastern stretches of the bay.

Come to research the Pennsylvania Turnpike. Geez Louise! Two bits per mile, and roughly half if you buy this EZ Pass device. This is confiscatory! Are there surcharges to boot? Like having to exit to use a bathroom or charge your car and then reentering the toll road? And a person has to register to use the turnpike it seems so you can be billed for usage. To a life-long Californian this is ridiculous. It is why we have fuel taxes.

My friend told me that the last time he drove the Pennsylvania Turnpike (2014 or so) it was in pretty crappy condition.

So, how are the alternatives, like US30 to using a toll road that effectively charges a quarter per mile for the privilege of driving on a road constructed in the '60s with no improvements since? And does the state/city have tolls on bridges across the Monongahela, Allegheny, and Ohio Rivers, or other navigable waterways? What other surprises are in store in the eastern United States?

🤬
Yup, we pay tolls just to go places 10-20 miles away either on the PA Turnpike or any bridge from Jersey.
My in-laws live about 2 hours away all turnpike so visiting them or them visiting us is no joke cost-wise.

You do pay upon exit to charge but the way I see it, it's like paying whatever dollar amount to go Philly to Wilkes-Barre vs. paying half Philly to Allentown and the other half Allentown to the rest of the way. I'm a little ignorant to the cost because the EZPass account belongs to my better half but I don't think it's much a penalty, if at all, to split it that way.

🤬

My advice: get and EZ-Pass and don’t look at the bill.

Illinois is, in my opinion, the best state to get one. Each state administers their own EZ-Pass network and some states, like Virginia, process things very slowly. To my surprise, Illinois actually has their *sugar* together with regard to the online portal.

Note that there is also a thing called EZ-Pass Flex; a special transponder with a switch that allows you to engage HOV mode and get free rides when you have three or more people. Illinois does not offer this, so it’s something to consider if you travel with three or more people.

My advice: get and EZ-Pass and don’t look at the bill.

Illinois is, in my opinion, the best state to get one. Each state administers their own EZ-Pass network and some states, like Virginia, process things very slowly. To my surprise, Illinois actually has their *sugar* together with regard to the online portal.

Note that there is also a thing called EZ-Pass Flex; a special transponder with a switch that allows you to engage HOV mode and get free rides when you have three or more people. Illinois does not offer this, so it’s something to consider if you travel with three or more people.
Not turning this into an EZ Pass thread, but my intention when we moved to Maine was to keep my VA transponder. Then I found out that Maine offers a discount on Maine roads, so I changed my mind and switched states. Then I had to switch from an internal to an external one for the Tesla because the Maine internal transponder wasn't compatible with my older MS window coating.

• Informative
Reactions: DavidB
Mt Hope WV
Huntington WV
Lexington KY
Bowling Green KY
Jackson TN (all entered in sheet)

In midst of road trip with son from DC to Flagstaff AZ. We stopped at 2 other new ones not listed, but son drove more than half way to those, so those are the rules, and they are fair.

Dont miss everything Casey Jones has to offer at the Jackson TN stop. Wish they were all that entertaining. be safe out there.

IMG_7294.jpg

Last edited: