Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally managed to get away to add some new superchargers.
Went on a 1,300 mile excursion to visit the 3 Michigan upper peninsula sites.
Lot of driving for just 3 new ones, but visiting Painted Rocks Nat'l Lakeshore was enjoyable.
While charging in Marquette, MI, I plugged in our next destination (Escanaba, MI) and the navigation said it was temporarily closed.
Interestingly, it also showed Marquette as closed, yet I was still charging just fine.
So, we drove to Escanaba anyway and we charged just fine there, too.

View attachment 710926
Sault St. Marie, MI

View attachment 710925View attachment 710924
Marquette, MI, with temp. closed icons

View attachment 710923
Escanaba, MI

9/15/2021
Sault St. Marie, MI

9/16/2021
Marquette, MI
Escanaba, MI
Last night I had two minor heart attacks as it showed a couple in California as "Temporarily Closed." In each case, they reverted to being open about an hour later and worked fine when I got there. I was not under the impression that either of them were ever non-functioning or even being worked on (one of these was at 1-2am so highly unlikely that a tech was out there doing maintenance). So I'm fairly sure this is another case of the Nav being buggy. It's definitely very annoying!

The other recurring problem that has been happening on this trip is supercharger locations temporarily disappearing from the Nav. In metro areas with lots of options this probably doesn't matter much, but I've had it happen in rural areas where a supercharger disappeared indicating that there were no superchargers on a 200+ mile stretch of interstate. That could be a very bad situation for an unsuspecting novice Tesla driver.

Since I take the belt and suspenders approach to many mundane matters, I have a couple of questions for the cognoscenti:

If we get to a more relaxed lifestyle in the next six months, I am planning to hit up the Twin Cities in mid-April 2022 for a couple of Dodger-Twin games.

I am intrigued with a return trip north to Duluth and then onto Blunder Bay, Ontario, thence west through Ontario and Manitoba to Winnipeg before returning stateside into the Peace Garden State and meandering home. I realize that this is months away. I further realize that the weather in mid-spring could be dicey and icy. I do not wish to drive in snow and ice, so will be keeping the eyeballs on the weather.

Is the highway between Thunder Bay and Winnipeg a decent drive? There ain't much there there by looking at the map. I assume it is two lanes the entire way.

If I need COVID clearance, would a test in the Twin Cities be good enough to permit a border crossing? When would I need to take it, and how are the results transmitted to me and/or the Canadian border dudes?

The last time I entered Canada was in 2015. I had my handy dandy passport card, and my wife had a passport. We entered Canada to visit her brother who lived near Nelson BC (the SE part of the province.) The port of entry was north of Ione, Washington at a dinky-do crossing called Nelway on Washington highway 31. The Canadian border officer was a real dick. Here are two people in their 60s, in a Tesla, and he is giving us the cross-examination about the purpose of our visit, where we are heading, how long we'll be there, what we are doing, wanting to know where my front license plate was, among other things. We noticed that beyond the gate there were two cars being torn apart and searched by the authorities. Welcome to Canada, eh!

If this is now the new and improved border experience, what do y'all tell these officers? "Gee officer, I am in this informal competition to bag Superchargers across North America. Today I stand in 29th place, and I want to grab at least nine of these gems in Canada before returning stateside. I hope to get home in 25th place with 425-430 Superchargers to my name. I am undecided whether to head back south of Winnipeg, or perhaps extend my Canadian tour and hit Medicine Hat before going home."

Or perhaps a pithy, "Oot and aboot" would suffice?

If it is cold but dry, I assume that there won't be problems with ice on the roads. What is the speed limit on those rural Canadian highways? About 85KPM?

Thanks!

Since I take the belt and suspenders approach to many mundane matters, I have a couple of questions for the cognoscenti:

If we get to a more relaxed lifestyle in the next six months, I am planning to hit up the Twin Cities in mid-April 2022 for a couple of Dodger-Twin games.

I am intrigued with a return trip north to Duluth and then onto Blunder Bay, Ontario, thence west through Ontario and Manitoba to Winnipeg before returning stateside into the Peace Garden State and meandering home. I realize that this is months away. I further realize that the weather in mid-spring could be dicey and icy. I do not wish to drive in snow and ice, so will be keeping the eyeballs on the weather.

Is the highway between Thunder Bay and Winnipeg a decent drive? There ain't much there there by looking at the map. I assume it is two lanes the entire way.

If I need COVID clearance, would a test in the Twin Cities be good enough to permit a border crossing? When would I need to take it, and how are the results transmitted to me and/or the Canadian border dudes?

The last time I entered Canada was in 2015. I had my handy dandy passport card, and my wife had a passport. We entered Canada to visit her brother who lived near Nelson BC (the SE part of the province.) The port of entry was north of Ione, Washington at a dinky-do crossing called Nelway on Washington highway 31. The Canadian border officer was a real dick. Here are two people in their 60s, in a Tesla, and he is giving us the cross-examination about the purpose of our visit, where we are heading, how long we'll be there, what we are doing, wanting to know where my front license plate was, among other things. We noticed that beyond the gate there were two cars being torn apart and searched by the authorities. Welcome to Canada, eh!

If this is now the new and improved border experience, what do y'all tell these officers? "Gee officer, I am in this informal competition to bag Superchargers across North America. Today I stand in 29th place, and I want to grab at least nine of these gems in Canada before returning stateside. I hope to get home in 25th place with 425-430 Superchargers to my name. I am undecided whether to head back south of Winnipeg, or perhaps extend my Canadian tour and hit Medicine Hat before going home."

If it is cold but dry, I assume that there won't be problems with ice on the roads. What is the speed limit on those rural Canadian highways? About 85KPM?

Thanks!
As a pretty seasoned BC traveler (1-2 times a year for the last 25 years) its their job to "cross examine" and the questions they will always ask you is where are you from, what is the purpose of your visit, where are you going and how long will you be in Canada. We've been pulled out for a secondary screening which involves searching your car twice but its been a long time since that's happened. A seconday screen can be triggered by a certain unknown set of criteria and they do a certain amount of random ones. They will also always ask if you have any guns, weapons, tobacco, alcohol or cash over a certain amount. Border agents like all people will have different personalities and approachs some seem interested in our game, others are confused or surly. I always start with the roadtrip sightseeing reason and will move to explaining the game if they press further. Again no big deal, it's their job to know. In my experience, US border agents are much bigger dicks than Canadian.

Go to the Canadian Border Control website, they are very clear about the covid requirements. They collect intial information uploaded through the ArriveCan App and you need to carry printouts or digital copies of immunization and negative test results. Tests need to be collected no more than 72 hours prior to crossing and need to be PCR which usually take about 24 to 36 hours to process so that gives you your testing time window. They also say you need a quarantine plan but they never asked me about that.

Back to the thread after more of a rotten year. Taking unpaid leave to catch my breath.

Here's my latest ... all from Tesla charging page:

7/7/2021 .. Burlington, NJ
7/18/2021 .. Moosic, PA
7/18/2021 .. Roscoe, NY
7/19/2021 .. Guilderland, NY
7/19/2021 .. Hooksett (south), NH
7/20/2021 .. Freeport, ME
7/20/2021 .. Brewer, ME
7/24/2021 .. Portland, ME
7/25/2021 .. Seabrook, NH
7/25/2021 .. Meriden, CT
7/31/2021 .. Philadelphia - North 20th St, PA
8/2/2021 .. Springfield - Cleveland Place, NJ
8/3/2021 .. Tarrytown, NY
8/6/2021 .. Ossining, NY
8/13/2021 .. New York - W 75th Street, NY
8/13/2021 .. King of Prussia - South Henderson Rd, PA
9/6/2021 .. Bartonsville, PA
9/6/2021 .. Jim Thorpe - Southbound, PA
9/15/2021 .. Flemington, NJ

Well THAT was painful. Entered in spreadsheet and forum using tablet. Sheets crashes twice. Lived in mortal terror of losing this post.

Don't know how you road warriors do it. I'm am now properly motivated to continue my quest to make it easier.
We've pretty much resorted to only using desktop-based browsers. If not available, ask someone to do it for you on the forum. Welcome back to the road, even if it is under less than ideal conditions.

Last night I had two minor heart attacks as it showed a couple in California as "Temporarily Closed." In each case, they reverted to being open about an hour later and worked fine when I got there. I was not under the impression that either of them were ever non-functioning or even being worked on (one of these was at 1-2am so highly unlikely that a tech was out there doing maintenance). So I'm fairly sure this is another case of the Nav being buggy. It's definitely very annoying!

The other recurring problem that has been happening on this trip is supercharger locations temporarily disappearing from the Nav. In metro areas with lots of options this probably doesn't matter much, but I've had it happen in rural areas where a supercharger disappeared indicating that there were no superchargers on a 200+ mile stretch of interstate. That could be a very bad situation for an unsuspecting novice Tesla driver.
I also had two go into temporary closure. Both re-opened in time for my arrival. I remember Inyokern being one, so it was somewhat critical. The other was around LA.

I spoke too soon 😩

In a COVID world, one family member coming down with a cough is enough to derail plans. We no longer have a stop over tonight so getting to our destination by 1pm tomorrow from Philly doesn't leave enough room to hunt. Wahhh...
Remember "The Unspeakable Rule" - If you talk about something, and it's good - it goes away; but if it's bad - it happens.

Reactions: PhillyGal
Here are some more that I've bagged over the last few days. If it weren't for my list of superchargers visited, I might not have any idea where I've been.

9/13/21
South Burlington VT
Plattsburgh NY
Chestertown NY
Queensbury NY

9/14/21
Guilderland NY

9/17/21
Oneonta NY
Binghamton NY
Moosic PA
Carlisle PA
Martinsburg WV

9/18/21
Strasburg VA
Charlottesville VA - Hydraulic Rd

Thanks!
The Canadian border requirements will change by the time you’re thinking of going. CBSA website will be your most reliable bet. As of now, you need your vaccine card and a negative PCR in hand. Because they are allowing leisure travel, I wouldn’t anticipate any issues. The Trans-Canada is totally fine between Thunder Bay and Winnipeg.

FYI I am a Canadian living in ND.

The "Arvin" supercharger is actually called something like Tejon-Tejon Parkway in the Nav now. I'll try to get the exact wording later.
The Tesla website guys seem to call it Arvin.... :)

1632051017139.png

Yeah, John and I clarified that upthread. It was very confusing. Arvin is nowhere to be found in the car, which is disconcerting when you drive through Arvin proper and there are no chargers.

Several of us have started a private Google Map to share cool places to eat when out and about. I just need a Gmail address (or google account-linked email) and I can share it with you. It seems you have to first access it on a mobile device before the map will show up in a desktop browser. We've informally agreed to add a note for each location and to sign the note with our handle so we know who left it. Would be great to get some more locations added.

1632069571127.png

2021-09-18:
Commerce, CA

Nav dumps you way too far from the charger at this location. At least it didn't dump me at one of the locked gated.
I hit that one at night so it was even worse! Fortunately someone provided detailed instructions in the thread (and I noticed them before going there). San Gabriel also only had one entrance open at night and it was also completely on the other side of the parking area from the supercharger.

• Informative
Reactions: DavidB
Ah, now I remember Commerce. Ended up in the little commercial truckers lot where the Nav led me, with a couple guys not too pleased with my confusion. Also very late at night.

I got down to 1 unvisited charger once or twice, but it was back when I was working and a drive to go to one SC in Ohio or California wasn’t in the cards.

Last edited: