Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Check-ins for 2023-07-27
- San Giovanni Teatino, Italy (#2292)
- Carsoli Oricola, Italy (#2293)
- Magliano Sabina, Italy (#2294)
- Perugia South, Italy (#2295) (First to check-in)
- Porto Sant’Elpidio, Italy (#2296)
- Fano, Italy (#2297)
- Rimini, Italy (#2298)
- Forlì, Italy (#2299)
- Occhiobello, Italy (#2300)

Opted for a relatively short day today.

Magliano Sabina had almost all Scandinavian Teslas charging. 4 Sweden plates, 1 Denmark, and 1 Norway. Then just my French plate and 1 Italian. I think @Bredo was vacationing near here as well. I had never really heard of this area being a vacation destination, but it seemed pretty nice. Maybe they know something we don't :) Further north, it was nice seeing many of the little Umbrian towns I had visited decades ago even if just from the highway. Assisi in particular stands out. I spent a Christmas there once at a girlfriend's grandparent's place. Very cool town.

Also drove a little out of my way to set foot in San Marino which is my first new country since Liechtenstein in 2019. I believe that is my 22nd country visited. Not very impressive! I had planned to visit Andorra, Spain, and Monaco earlier on this trip, but I was running way behind and had to cut them out of my plans despite being very close to all 3 of them. I figure I will be back in that part of the world at some point at least.

Anyways, San Marino is cleared :)

Last edited:
Another short day:

Check-ins for 2023-07-28
- Mogliano Veneto, Italy (#2301)
- Torri di Quartesolo, Italy (#2302)
- Verona, Italy (#2303)
- Mantova, Italy (#2304)
- Rovereto, Italy (#2305)
- Affi, Italy (#2306)
- Trento, Italy (#2307)
- Brennero, Italy (#2308)
- Hall in Tirol, Austria (#2309)
- Sindelsdorf, Germany (#2310)
- Brunnthal, Germany (#2311)
- Vaterstetten, Germany (#2312)

Affi was before Rovereto of course. I just forgot to check in while I was there. I saw an impressive 12 different country license plates at Affi as well as a German van who was ICEing all 4 stalls from one of the v3 cabinets. Super frustrating because I think it's like 8 v3 stalls and 16 v2 stalls and 8 of us had to charge at paired v2 stalls due to the ICEing.

The drive up through the Italian Alps was awesome! I had done it before as a passenger, and on a train a couple times as well, but those were all back in the 90s so this was the first time in a long time. Weather was great, but it deteriorated when I got into Austria. It always rains like crazy every time I'm in Austria. It is uncanny. But after all the fires and super hot temps I won't complain this time.

The "vignette" that you need to purchase just to drive through Austria for one hour is still stupid. You have to stop at a gas station or service area and pay about 10 Euros for a 10-day pass, then you put the sticker on your windshield. They insist that you put it on the driver side so it is within your line of sight. No idea why you can't put it on the passenger side, but that would make a lot more sense. At least they don't make you purchase the full year vignette like they do in Switzerland (I completely avoided travel to that country on this trip for this reason). Then after you get the sticker put on the car, you drive about 4 miles into the country and have to stop and pay an 11 Euro toll :) To add insult to injury the kid in the toll both shorted me 1 Euro on my change. I'll spare you all the details but I'm about 99.9% certain it was on purpose.

I'm generally against the idea of governments tracking vehicles and billing them for road usage in that manner, but the Austrians may have created a system that is Byzantine enough to change my mind!

More work on the new Tableau visualizations today. If you haven't already, bookmark the new landing page at this link. It's nice to have everything back in a single file again.

All visualizations are linked from the main landing page. And each visualization has a return link—no more hunting for tabs across the top.

I'll slowly continue rebuilding the various visualizations we had to see construction timelines, stall growth, etc. See a few screenshots below of what's new today. Feedback and requests are welcome.

Continued hat-tip to the Supercharge.info folks who make all of this possible. cc: @corywright

1690586124828.png

The detailed pop-up menus are available again on the map views, including with links for navigating to a location and accessing the forum thread,
1690586341801.png

1690586554470.png

1690586621186.png

1690586824156.png

Tableau is looking great.

But, a minor wish list for the Horse Race visualization:

For those who are not close to the top of the race, it would be nice to have a simpler means to focus on the Competitors who are close to us in number of sites visited, as these are the Horses we are Racing. Could we perhaps have a slider that selects a plus/minus range to show around the logged in user? Don't show the folks who have already zoomed on by this number of sites visited. Only show the ones whose current total is within the desired range.

If no one is logged in, then maybe show a slider for upper and lower bounds of sites visited.

Thanks

Another short day:

Check-ins for 2023-07-28
- Mogliano Veneto, Italy (#2301)
- Torri di Quartesolo, Italy (#2302)
- Verona, Italy (#2303)
- Mantova, Italy (#2304)
- Rovereto, Italy (#2305)
- Affi, Italy (#2306)
- Trento, Italy (#2307)
- Brennero, Italy (#2308)
- Hall in Tirol, Austria (#2309)
- Sindelsdorf, Germany (#2310)
- Brunnthal, Germany (#2311)
- Vaterstetten, Germany (#2312)

Affi was before Rovereto of course. I just forgot to check in while I was there. I saw an impressive 12 different country license plates at Affi as well as a German van who was ICEing all 4 stalls from one of the v3 cabinets. Super frustrating because I think it's like 8 v3 stalls and 16 v2 stalls and 8 of us had to charge at paired v2 stalls due to the ICEing.

The drive up through the Italian Alps was awesome! I had done it before as a passenger, and on a train a couple times as well, but those were all back in the 90s so this was the first time in a long time. Weather was great, but it deteriorated when I got into Austria. It always rains like crazy every time I'm in Austria. It is uncanny. But after all the fires and super hot temps I won't complain this time.

The "vignette" that you need to purchase just to drive through Austria for one hour is still stupid. You have to stop at a gas station or service area and pay about 10 Euros for a 10-day pass, then you put the sticker on your windshield. They insist that you put it on the driver side so it is within your line of sight. No idea why you can't put it on the passenger side, but that would make a lot more sense. At least they don't make you purchase the full year vignette like they do in Switzerland (I completely avoided travel to that country on this trip for this reason). Then after you get the sticker put on the car, you drive about 4 miles into the country and have to stop and pay an 11 Euro toll :) To add insult to injury the kid in the toll both shorted me 1 Euro on my change. I'll spare you all the details but I'm about 99.9% certain it was on purpose.

I'm generally against the idea of governments tracking vehicles and billing them for road usage in that manner, but the Austrians may have created a system that is Byzantine enough to change my mind!
I was wondering if you got the Austrian vignette or stayed off the motorway. Now that cameras are monitoring them, you can’t really press your luck. The $55 yearly Swiss one didn’t seem too bad after totaling all those French and Italian tolls. I think it was Slovenia that had the digital vignette.

For those who are not close to the top of the race, it would be nice to have a simpler means to focus on the Competitors who are close to us in number of sites visited, as these are the Horses we are Racing. Could we perhaps have a slider that selects a plus/minus range to show around the logged in user? Don't show the folks who have already zoomed on by this number of sites visited. Only show the ones whose current total is within the desired range.

If no one is logged in, then maybe show a slider for upper and lower bounds of sites visited.

Thanks
Ya, I'll add that again. I had it in the old versions, but I wasn't sure if anyone used it. How about I create bins for different ranges and you can select the ranges you want to see? That might be cleaner.

I was wondering if you got the Austrian vignette or stayed off the motorway. Now that cameras are monitoring them, you can’t really press your luck. The $55 yearly Swiss one didn’t seem too bad after totaling all those French and Italian tolls. I think it was Slovenia that had the digital vignette.
Both Austria and Switzerland have digital vignettes. The Austria one has an added stupid rule attached if you buy it directly from them. Which is why we always buy from the German motor club ADAC.

Last edited:
I’m just learning that I traversed a number of countries without the requisite international driver’s permit. I had one last time I toured Europe, but it required a trip to AAA in Denver back then. If you have the time, you can mail in the application and passport photos.
I'm headed to Portugal and Spain in Oct and remembered to sign up for an Int'l Driver's License this time just to be safe. AAA is on my way home and they did it all (Passport photos, form, and got the license on the spot). The last time I drove in Germany, I was 17 (underage for an Int'l license), didn't have an Int'l license or permit, and was in former East Germany the Summer after the Berlin Wall came down (Summer 1990) but I think the Volkspolizei there still thought they were East Germans.

I got pulled over after a speed trap and my Dad in the passenger seat tried to pretend like we didn't speak German. Still, looking out the window at a fully automatic gun being pointed in my direction was one of the scariest moments in my life. I managed to get a pic of the police van and some other cars that were pulled over with the instant camera while they were addressing other folks but then quickly stashed it away before getting caught. Always mind your P's and Q's as a foreigner in other countries.

1690600074244.png

Thanks
@khorton - thank you for your feedback. I'm interested in making the visualizations work for everyone, especially the non-insane people that aren't at the top of the leaderboard.

I've added a slider to the horse race viz. Combined with the other two filters, I hope you have the tools needed to make the viz useful and fun. See the examples below. If not, please let me know what other filters would be helpful.

If there are groupings of competitors you or others would like to be easily able to filter to see, I can create sub-groups easily enough so you could save a link to the horse race view with only those competitors showing.

The three existing filters are:
  • Filter by number of visits (low to high)
  • Filter the list of competitors to show
  • Highlight a specific competitor which frosts out the other competitors.
Also note: clicking on a competitors horse race line will open a new tab showing you their visits by year map. Clicking a competitor on the leaderboard will take you to their unvisited map.

Let's take a look.

The three filters are in the top right corner of the viz
1690598216904.png

Filter by range of visits.
You have 106 visits -- congrats -- so let's filter the view for competitors with 90 to 150 visits. You can click on the lower and upper bound numbers and type a number, or drag the slider. The viz now looks like this.

1690598357485.png

Highlight a competitor
That's still pretty busy and hard to see yourself, so let's use the highlight function to show your line. Click in the "Highlight Competitor Name" field and scroll to your hande, or start typing the first characters of your handle. Select your handle.

1690598503828.png

Select specific competitors to show
Now let's say you find yourself competing against -- or just friends with -- EdA and GreenFreaK. We can use the competitor selection tool to clear everything but you three. Click on "Competitors to Include" - click the "All" box to unselect it, then click the checkboxes for the competitors you want to include.

1690598731962.png

I'm headed to Portugal and Spain in Oct and remembered to sign up for an Int'l Driver's License this time just to be safe. AAA is on my way home and they did it all (Passport photos, form, and got the license on the spot). The last time I drove in Germany, I was 17 (underage for an Int'l license), didn't have an Int'l license or permit, and was in former East Germany the Summer after the Berlin Wall came down (Summer 1990) but I think the Volkspolizei there still thought they were East Germans.

I got pulled over after a speed trap and my Dad in the passenger seat tried to pretend like we didn't speak German. Still, looking out the window at a fully automatic gun being pointed in my direction was one of the scariest moments in my life. I managed to get a pic of the police van and some other cars that were pulled over with the instant camera while they were addressing other folks but then quickly stashed it away before getting caught. Always mind your P's and Q's as a foreigner in other countries.

View attachment 960515
Scary! So true of so many countries and some backward parts of the US.
I’m going to try to get the IDP when I go through Denver in a few days. Coincidentally, I’ll be in Spain and Portugal then, as well!

@khorton - thank you for your feedback. I'm interested in making the visualizations work for everyone, especially the non-insane people that aren't at the top of the leaderboard.

I've added a slider to the horse race viz. Combined with the other two filters, I hope you have the tools needed to make the viz useful and fun. See the examples below. If not, please let me know what other filters would be helpful.

If there are groupings of competitors you or others would like to be easily able to filter to see, I can create sub-groups easily enough so you could save a link to the horse race view with only those competitors showing.

The three existing filters are:
  • Filter by number of visits (low to high)
  • Filter the list of competitors to show
  • Highlight a specific competitor which frosts out the other competitors.
Also note: clicking on a competitors horse race line will open a new tab showing you their visits by year map. Clicking a competitor on the leaderboard will take you to their unvisited map.
These changes make the Horse Race view so much more useful and easy to use for me. Thanks!

My only remaining wish would be a way to save the settings once I have a visualization set up the way I want. As it is now, if I close the browser, I have to make all the adjustments again the next time. Have I missed a way to save the settings?

Thanks so much for all your work on this.

These changes make the Horse Race view so much more useful and easy to use for me. Thanks!

My only remaining wish would be a way to save the settings once I have a visualization set up the way I want. As it is now, if I close the browser, I have to make all the adjustments again the next time. Have I missed a way to save the settings?

Thanks so much for all your work on this.
Wonderful. Tell me the settings you'd like to see. I'll try to configure a URL that you can save and use for that view.

Wonderful. Tell me the settings you'd like to see. I'll try to configure a URL that you can save and use for that view.
The big one is the upper and lower bounds for the slider "Narrow by visit totals". For bonus points, add the ability to exclude specific competitors, or even better, add a slider to select the look back duration, and add it to the URL. E.g., I see some competitors in my visit range that haven't visited any superchargers in the past two or more years, so they are obviously no longer active and they clutter up the view. So it would be nice to have an easy way to exclude competitors who haven't had any new visits in a selectable range of recent past.

• Helpful
Reactions: Darren S