Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suspension Problem on Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, if people don't have a problem with what Keef has been doing, what happens when that same line of reasoning is used toward individual actions. If everyone is going to speculate based on the limited information here, lets just look at every possibility...no matter how remote.

Here's one:

The abnormal wear of the suspension was known, as was the fact that the vehicle was out of warranty. Rather than have the vehicle taken to the SC, and pay for the repairs out of pocket, a cunning plan was devised. A Ranger was requested to perform an alignment, knowing that the Ranger would be unlikely to notice the suspension issue, because the method used at Sears would not have the wheels suspended. An alignment was chanced, as opposed to an entirely unrelated issue, so the case would be stronger if the ranger performed work associated with the suspension, and could then call them out for not noticing the damage at the time. The vehicle was then driven for three weeks down poorly maintained dirt roads, with the vehicle's suspension on max, in an effort induce a suspension failure. When Tesla didn't offer to cover the cost of the repairs, social media was used in an attempt to force Tesla's hand using all of the carefully crafted evidence available.

Now that's quite the conspiracy theory, I must say. And highlights the issue at hand, which is a lack of transparency and honesty with regard to this entire issue, and highlights the absurdity of trying to draw conclusions in this situation. The above situation while plausible, is completely baseless. Yet, apparently, it could be run in major new outlets.

It should be noted that I'm not making any accusations here...this is purely a thought experiment, to be used strictly as an example of why transparency is important.

Believe you me, it's him alright. Or maybe he's got himself some deciples now? But it is Keef, from the phrasing to the all-caps and last but not least the reference to a salvage auction Web page.
From the style and content it is very likely to be Keef but the all-caps is not part of the evidence -- all NHTSA complaints are displayed in uppercase for whatever reason.

We don't know it's Keef. It could be someone who has remained anonymous.

LPPPHwm.jpg

Contrary To Musk's Suggestion, NHTSA Did Not Call Tesla Suspension Complaints ‘Fraudulent’ - HybridCars.com

Interesting theory ... I am concerned that it sounds plausible.

So, if people don't have a problem with what Keef has been doing, what happens when that same line of reasoning is used toward individual actions. If everyone is going to speculate based on the limited information here, lets just look at every possibility...no matter how remote.

Here's one:

The abnormal wear of the suspension was known, as was the fact that the vehicle was out of warranty. Rather than have the vehicle taken to the SC, and pay for the repairs out of pocket, a cunning plan was devised. A Ranger was requested to perform an alignment, knowing that the Ranger would be unlikely to notice the suspension issue, because the method used at Sears would not have the wheels suspended. An alignment was chanced, as opposed to an entirely unrelated issue, so the case would be stronger if the ranger performed work associated with the suspension, and could then call them out for not noticing the damage at the time. The vehicle was then driven for three weeks down poorly maintained dirt roads, with the vehicle's suspension on max, in an effort induce a suspension failure. When Tesla didn't offer to cover the cost of the repairs, social media was used in an attempt to force Tesla's hand using all of the carefully crafted evidence available.

Now that's quite the conspiracy theory, I must say. And highlights the issue at hand, which is a lack of transparency and honesty with regard to this entire issue, and highlights the absurdity of trying to draw conclusions in this situation. The above situation while plausible, is completely baseless. Yet, apparently, it could be run in major new outlets.

It should be noted that I'm not making any accusations here...this is purely a thought experiment, to be used strictly as an example of why transparency is important.

Reactions: JohnSnowNW
Thanks to these whistle blowers: Isn't it clear Tesla is a "green scam" that cheers people to jump on the bandwagon of Electric Vehicles despite of cheap gasoline price?

Huh? Not at all.
Tesla is a great company with great products and no where near being a scam, even if gas were 1/10th the current price.

Now, doesn't mean they are immune to criticism and commentary.

They have a great amount of goodwill, hope and optimism and ok, this is a nationalistic comment - and is a U.S. company, that many, including myself want so much to succeed, not just for nationalistic reasons, but also as another entrepreneurial, game changing, success story in the line of Intel, Cisco, Amazon, Google, Facebook, etc... That is why some are very vocal about not the missteps, that stuff happens, but how they deal with the missteps.

Now, doesn't mean they are immune to criticism and commentary.

Obviously not, since they've suffered more than their fair share of both.

They have a great amount of goodwill, hope and optimism and ok, this is a nationalistic comment - and is a U.S. company, that many, including myself want so much to succeed, not just for nationalistic reasons, but also as another entrepreneurial, game changing, success story in the line of Intel, Cisco, Amazon, Google, Facebook, etc...

And just as much "badwill" from very powerful groups that want them to fail.

That is why some are very vocal about not the missteps, that stuff happens, but how they deal with the missteps.

It should first be determined if there is an actual misstep.

Reactions: MikeC
Date Complaint Filed: 06/13/2016
Date of Incident: 11/06/2015
Component(s): SERVICE BRAKES
NHTSA ID Number: 10873811
Consumer Location: KANKAKEE, IL

All Products Associated with this Complaint
Vehicle MakeModelModel Year(s)
  • TESLAMODEL S2013

Details

• TESLAMODEL S2013

Details
question-mark.png

Documents uploaded by a consumer during the online complaint process will be unavailable until a quality control review is complete.
close.gif

0 Available Documents

• Crash:No
  • Fire:No
  • Number of Injuries:0
  • Number of Deaths:0
Manufacturer: Tesla Motors, Inc.

Vehicle Identification No. (VIN): 5YJSA1AG1DF...

SUMMARY:
AT 45K MILES MY SUSPENSION FAILED. IT REQUIRED A NEW CONTROL ARM AND SUSPENSION ALIGNMENT. TESLA SAID "DROVE VEHICLE AND CONFIRMED NOISE FROM FRONT OF VEHICLE. UPON INSPECTION FOUND LEFT FRONT UPPER CONTROL ARM JOINT TO HAVE EXCESSIVE FREEPLAY." THE INDIVIDUAL AT TESLA SAID IT WAS NO BIG DEAL. I WAS DRIVING THE CAR AND HEARD A CRACK NOISE WHILE GOING DOWN A STREET. FROM THEN ON OUT MY CAR MADE LOUD SQUEAKING AND CRACKING NOISES.

Request Research
question-mark.png

• Informative
Reactions: MassModel3
Date Complaint Filed: 06/13/2016
Date of Incident: 11/06/2015
Component(s): SERVICE BRAKES
NHTSA ID Number: 10873811
Consumer Location: KANKAKEE, IL

• TESLAMODEL S2013

Details

• TESLAMODEL S2013

Details
question-mark.png

Documents uploaded by a consumer during the online complaint process will be unavailable until a quality control review is complete.
close.gif

0 Available Documents

• Crash:No
  • Fire:No
  • Number of Injuries:0
  • Number of Deaths:0
Manufacturer: Tesla Motors, Inc.

Vehicle Identification No. (VIN): 5YJSA1AG1DF...

SUMMARY:
AT 45K MILES MY SUSPENSION FAILED. IT REQUIRED A NEW CONTROL ARM AND SUSPENSION ALIGNMENT. TESLA SAID "DROVE VEHICLE AND CONFIRMED NOISE FROM FRONT OF VEHICLE. UPON INSPECTION FOUND LEFT FRONT UPPER CONTROL ARM JOINT TO HAVE EXCESSIVE FREEPLAY." THE INDIVIDUAL AT TESLA SAID IT WAS NO BIG DEAL. I WAS DRIVING THE CAR AND HEARD A CRACK NOISE WHILE GOING DOWN A STREET. FROM THEN ON OUT MY CAR MADE LOUD SQUEAKING AND CRACKING NOISES.

Request Research
question-mark.png
Filed 6/13/2106
11/06/2015 with only 45k miles. I guess he abused his car!

Status
Not open for further replies.