Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Switch from Y to 3 order?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did the 3 get bigger price drops than the Y?

If you’re taking advantage of the FSD Transfer promotion, changing your order now might not get you the new 3 by Sept 30, but I guess that depends on inventory in your area.

No FSD. I guess they're about the same % drop but sub $30K after credit is hard to pass up.

Esp. b/c I don't like the highland no stalk etc. So this might be best time to upgrade my 19' SR or give that to my teen. I might get the Y later for my wife as well.

Only concern I would have is splitting one home charger 3 ways (2 I can handle)

They balked on the phone when I placed the Y order on hold. I might have to go in person? Can any rep "take over" the order

I dont know if "they can" but for an anecdotal experience of 1 (which is less than your own experience since it appears you have purchased multiple teslas already), When I placed an order for my wifes model Y in Jan of 2022, I did it on the web.

I then went down to my local Tesla sales location, for my wife to drive it and verify she wanted it (she said she did, but we had not driven a Y before).

I had a really helpful salesperson help us, and I asked them if they could switch my online order to be under them, since they were super helpful, and they said something like "I would need a supervisor / manager to do that, dont worry about it, its fine".

I pressed a little bit because I wanted a local rep, and they basically (very politely) pushed back and said "no". I suspect that from a technical standpoint, its possible, but from a procedural standpoint, someone probably has to override something, with specific credentials that allow such changes (like supervisors / managers) and also likely give some sort of justification.

Or, said another way, "TL ; DR ... dont expect a different rep to just be able to take over your order".

• Informative
Reactions: vickh