Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sync Messages option keeps turning off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine does this too. I haven't figured out how frequently, but every so often now I check it and it is turned off again. Been doing it pretty much since I got the car in March. At first I thought I was going crazy, but no it is just a bug.

This has been happening to me since the text feature was introduced back in Jan (I think). I've tried everything from making sure that I have my driver profile selected when I toggle the option on, to deleting and re-paring phone with car. I don't think it has anything to do with the actual phone. It's mildly annoying, but honestly the constantly notifications while driving when a group message blows up are far more annoying.

Reactions: Msjulie
Mine was just off again.

For curiousity, I just tried turning the car off through the control panel and back on- settings were fine. I also did the full restart (brake, both buttons and hold until the T logo appears)- settings were fine.

I did have a recent software upgrade so maybe that's it.

Mine was just off again.

For curiousity, I just tried turning the car off through the control panel and back on- settings were fine. I also did the full restart (brake, both buttons and hold until the T logo appears)- settings were fine.

I did have a recent software upgrade so maybe that's it.
I also did thumb wheel reset, no problem. So let's see if overnight sleep is the root cause.

I'm having this problem all the time. I just deleted the phone from the4 BT menu, and the Tesla from my phone. Then relinked them. The sync messages pops up a box telling me to turn on messages in my blue tooth menu on the iPhone (7) and press reconnect. Do that, and does the same thing. Trying to turn on sync messages keeps giving me the dialog box. Phone has Message Notifications checked.

I can't get it to do messages at all now.

I really HATE the horrible phone integration on this car. It is so infuriating that it works so horribly.

Currently having this problem on software 2020.44.10.1. Will not let me sync messages and when I receive a call, can’t answer from the MCU and the call stays on the iPhone instead of BT to the M3. Using an iPhone XS Max. Have got an iPhone 12 Pro Max for pickup on 11/13/2020. Don’t think it’s the iPhones, but the probably the software/connectivity issue with the M3. Don’t have this problem on the Model S.