Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

T-Boned in a Shopping Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lady (Bad) Luck visited me this week! I was T-Boned in a parking lot by an old guy who ran a stop sign! This town has more people who run stop signs than you can imagine! I wanted to put my foot in his a@@ but I was too shaken up to even think clearly. The repair shop tells me that Tesla has been really slow about providing replacement parts for our cars lately...they are estimating 4-6 weeks before they even get the parts. I'm stuck driving a junk ICE SUV for Christmas! I'm not injured physically thanks to the fact that a lesser SUV would have had significantly more damage and I would have had some injuries as well....

Attachments

• IMG_4972.JPG
    IMG_4972.JPG
    418.3 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_4971.JPG
    IMG_4971.JPG
    478.9 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_4974.JPG
    IMG_4974.JPG
    265.5 KB · Views: 231
Is the rear quarter panel damaged or is the damage mainly the two doors and the wheel/tire/suspension. (Uh Oh, the suspension failed better submit a report to NHTSA... :rolleyes:)

I'm curious what the repair estimate will be for this, my guess is $24.5k, but that could go up quickly if the rear drive unit got damaged. (Not counting rental and diminished value claims.)

Is the rear quarter panel damaged or is the damage mainly the two doors and the wheel/tire/suspension. (Uh Oh, the suspension failed better submit a report to NHTSA... :rolleyes:)

I'm curious what the repair estimate will be for this, my guess is $24.5k, but that could go up quickly if the rear drive unit got damaged. (Not counting rental and diminished value claims.)

Wow, I hadn't even considered the price of a rental vehicle for that long a period! o_O

I really need to spend some time on the other threads that talk about the best insurance policies... coming from a Toyota and Honda family, my Model X will be a huge step up for me in terms of automobile class.

I'm more worried about what appears to be damage to the rear wheel/suspension.. If the drive shaft got pushed into the drive unit it could be bad.
I know. I've already gotten an estimate from Liberty Mutual and it does not include the drive shaft or the drive unit! I will be staying in touch with the repair shop on that possibility...

Last edited: