Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Telsa App not opening trunk or frunk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, after the Tesla techs came to the house and researched the problem, it turned out to be a password issue. I reset my password at their suggestion and everything on the app now works. Overall, a very pleasant experience.
I’m having the same problem and resetting my password had no affect, any suggestions from anyone else ?

2014 Model S 85
iPhone X w/ latest IOS 12.0
Tesla app ver 3.6.0

I have the same problem, i didn’t have my key fob available and decided to use the app. It open the moon roof and operated the windows, but wouldn’t open the doors. Any sugguestions.
I told Tesla service and they did what they called a “resync”. But first, you might want to try reinstalling the app and logging back in. That is what they had we do, as a first try.

Same as above……Everything was working fine BEFORE I upgraded to MCU2 from MCU1. I’ve removed the Tesla app from my iPhone & reinstalled it (several times). I have a 2017 S with FSD 3.0, Summons, etc. Frustrating! I’ve reached out to Tesla Service three separate occasions after I’ve paid all this money……nothing! If anyone has some positive suggestions, I’m all ears! Thank you!

Same as above……Everything was working fine BEFORE I upgraded to MCU2 from MCU1. I’ve removed the Tesla app from my iPhone & reinstalled it (several times). I have a 2017 S with FSD 3.0, Summons, etc. Frustrating! I’ve reached out to Tesla Service three separate occasions after I’ve paid all this money……nothing! If anyone has some positive suggestions, I’m all ears! Thank you!
Only Tesla can fix it for you. Schedule another service appointment.

The app for my 16S will no longer open the trunk, frunk or car but horn, summon and lights work from the app. It did work after I had the eMMC upgrade. I did a two-button reset to no avail. I tried to put a service request in but as usual there is no way to communicate correctly with the service bot and there is no such thing as talking to a person; a big failing of Tesla.

Having a similar issue with our 2017 Model S 75D MCU2 HW3 FSD. The app will allow changing maximum charge setting, honk, climate control though it will not unlock doors, open trunk and often displays the window not fully closed message when the windows are all fully closed. Have tried reinstalling the app and changing password with no luck.

Not taking it back to Tesla to be told to continue doing the same thing over and over; definition of insanity.

If anyone figures out a solution, please chime-in.

Having a similar issue with our 2017 Model S 75D MCU2 HW3 FSD. The app will allow changing maximum charge setting, honk, climate control though it will not unlock doors, open trunk and often displays the window not fully closed message when the windows are all fully closed. Have tried reinstalling the app and changing password with no luck.

Not taking it back to Tesla to be told to continue doing the same thing over and over; definition of insanity.

If anyone figures out a solution, please chime-in.
I had the same issue awhile ago. I called Tesla and they sent another update that fixed the problem

Reactions: doc5339