Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tempered glass clear screen protector that actually fits?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is the problem. I installed he AO one upside down and had that same corner radius issue. Was able to get it off and flipped without much issue, for on all edges and corners is near perfect.

They really should put a sticker on it indicating which is the top because the asymmetrical shaping is very minor and hard to notice without placing the protector in a flat surface (the bottom is slightly curved vs flat top).

The screen is NOT symmetrical.
The video you posted shows the owner installing the screen upside down. That tab goes in the upper left not the lower right.

Since so many people recommended the abstract ocean, I bought one to try. Turns out it is identical to the least expensive one on Amazon, but costs almost 3x as much. If it was a perfect fit I would understand, but it's not.

They’re probably all made out of the same shop in China and packaged accordingly to whomever retails them. I’m happy I got mine from Amazon for $16.

They’re probably all made out of the same shop in China and packaged accordingly to whomever retails them. I’m happy I got mine from Amazon for $16.

Guess I have to find the corresponding cheap shop for the bright lights. Though you can defray the costs on the Abstract Ocean stuff with coupons and get it to a little more than double the price. And their support and service seem good.

I’m just so lucky I installed the abstract ocean one the right way. Pure luck on my part! The matte works fine.

I installed the AO HD clear and all edges are perfect. I saw to many issues with bottom edge wrong on Amazon.

I also installed a Matt one from AO for a friend. Lots of complaints on the Matt ones on Amazon but the one from AO doesn’t seem to impact sharpness at all.

Corner radius is slightly off. As shown by others. But edges are perfect.

I’m just so lucky I installed the abstract ocean one the right way. Pure luck on my part! The matte works fine.

I installed the AO HD clear and all edges are perfect. I saw to many issues with bottom edge wrong on Amazon.

I also installed a Matt one from AO for a friend. Lots of complaints on the Matt ones on Amazon but the one from AO doesn’t seem to impact sharpness at all.

Corner radius is slightly off. As shown by others. But edges are perfect.

I’ve had clear ones from Amazon and matte ones from AO for my S, X and 3 and they all fit perfectly. The matte does make images and lettering look a bit blurry compared to the clear. Trade off for anti-glare from the matte vs the clear which is hard to see sometimes in bright days.

How do any of these work with polarized sunglasses?
I can tell you the clear one works... assuming your polarization direction is the same in your sunglasses as the ones I just tested.

If you turn your head to the side you'll see a rainbow across the screen but it's still visible. This could be due to the LCD more so than the glass screen. I never did try it before putting the protector on.