Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tennessee Tesla Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Marietta would be over an hour & half each way. Brentwood even further. That's not acceptable to me. I'm on my 2nd Tesla and am fully aware of how problematic they are. Any word of new service centers being planned that would be closer? Anyone on here actually live in Chattanooga? Would I be the only Tesla in the whole city? That can't be good.

I'd guess within 18 months we will see a service station in Memphis and in Knoxville. That, and Brentwood, will pretty much cover our state. Plus, there is one in Marietta and likely will be one in northern AL. I doubt Chattanooga within the next 4 years. Nothing but a WAG. Sorry.

Sorry for off the topic. Anyone around Nashville TN interested in a swap of free tesla trips? I have a MX 90D in Boston and I'm traveling to Nashville during 11/13-16. You may use my tesla whenever you come to Boston in exchange of me using your tesla in Nashville. How's the idea? Thanks owners!

Marietta would be over an hour & half each way. Brentwood even further. That's not acceptable to me. I'm on my 2nd Tesla and am fully aware of how problematic they are. Any word of new service centers being planned that would be closer? Anyone on here actually live in Chattanooga? Would I be the only Tesla in the whole city? That can't be good.
Read my post on the Tesla Forum about Tesla Vs. Volkswagen + Union (or just search "Chattanooga", which is how I found you). This will enlighten you on the issues with a Tesla Service Center being in Chattanooga and why I think there really should be one!

I live in Chattanooga! So its just you and me ;)

Marietta is I-75 and a little over 90 miles away, but I-75 is fast...

Fellow Tennesseans. Quick question. Trying Brentwood service center to KX supercharger tomorrow. EVTripplanner is saying I need 225 rated miles @ speed limit. That strikes me as a big premium over the 175 miles of actual distance. Rated miles dont change much reversing route as net elevation change is not much. If I set speed to 1.1 I need 250 rated miles - scary. Do I need to be worried about this route? I have a Chademo, but PlugShare gives me no confidence with the Cracker Barrel blinks. Any and all thoughts appreciated.

Guys - I decided not to risk it. The more I modeled this with EVTripplanner the more riskey it seemed. The temps tomorrow morning are sub 30. That is pushing. My rated miles to 250. I have a P85 with two years of degradation, so I only get about 258 with full charge. Too close for me. Sorry to have bothered everyone.

Quick update on the TN Tesla Owners Club - I have the domain pointed to the Facebook Page for now. If you have not done so, please go like the page on Facebook.

My goal for 2017 is to start working on getting the status of the club up-to-date and legal. Apparently, we don't need 25 people as a hard number, so I'll take the 15 or so that I have now and present that to Tesla.

I'll keep everyone updated as I get more info, but don't expect much until January. :cool:

Reactions: WMAC
Anyone else notice that the TN EV Tax Credit funds have been exhausted? If so, I'm wondering if there has been any movement towards additional funds for the program. Since TN is trending towards a tax surplus again this year I sure would like to see us take advantage of this or similar program to continue promoting EVs.

Electric Vehicle Rebates - TN.Gov

Is this still true for 2017?

Is this still true for 2017?

So I did some additional digging and found this within this link: State of Tennessee Newsroom

There is currently $682,500 available for this second iteration of the electric vehicle rebate program. The rebate program will go into effect for vehicle purchases or leases made after June 15, 2015. Rebates will be dispersed on a first-come, first-served basis, and the program will remain active until funds are exhausted.

... which implies that the post made by @Att1cus is assumed correct:

Anyone else notice that the TN EV Tax Credit funds have been exhausted? If so, I'm wondering if there has been any movement towards additional funds for the program. Since TN is trending towards a tax surplus again this year I sure would like to see us take advantage of this or similar program to continue promoting EVs.

Electric Vehicle Rebates - TN.Gov

Who's door do we need to knock on to get these reinstated??!!?

I found something interesting in the June permit report for Cookeville, TN which has a supercharger Coming Soon in 2017 pin on the Tesla Find Us page. It's for a "Structure Other Than Building" at 377 West Jackson Street in Cookeville. That is the address of the Jackson Plaza mall, which would appear to be a likely location for a supercharger. The value of the project is listed at $75,000 which I think is lower than we usually see, but not implausible. If anyone is passing through on I-40, please stop and check the parking lot for suspicious activity. If anyone can track down a phone number for mall management, you could call them and see if it's a Tesla supercharger being built.

Reactions: CSFTN
I have been toying with the idea of driving to Nashville from Charlotte in a couple months. Without the Cookeville site, it would be way too much hassle to make the drive in a Tesla. I would be very happy if this site goes up in the next 2 months. It would be my first long road trip in a Tesla...and it is currently not possible without major sacrifice.

I have been toying with the idea of driving to Nashville from Charlotte in a couple months. Without the Cookeville site, it would be way too much hassle to make the drive in a Tesla. I would be very happy if this site goes up in the next 2 months. It would be my first long road trip in a Tesla...and it is currently not possible without major sacrifice.

Major sacrifice? Like a leg or a kidney or maybe your firstborn child?

Do you have one of the few remaining S40s? Maybe an old S60? Or does the prospect of driving less than 80 mph seem like a major sacrifice to you?

• Funny
Reactions: dhrivnak
Major sacrifice? Like a leg or a kidney or maybe your firstborn child?

Do you have one of the few remaining S40s? Maybe an old S60? Or does the prospect of driving less than 80 mph seem like a major sacrifice to you?

EV trip planner says I would have drive 10% under the speed limit in great conditions to get from Knoxville to Nashville in an S60. You can pretend that is all fine and dandy all you want. In the real world, that isn't anywhere near worth the hassle.

EV trip planner says I would have drive 10% under the speed limit in great conditions to get from Knoxville to Nashville in an S60. You can pretend that is all fine and dandy all you want. In the real world, that isn't anywhere near worth the hassle.

Do you know what the speed limit is in rural TN? I do believe it is 70. 10% below that is 63 MPH. Even if you had to drive 60 MPH that wouldn't be a major sacrifice. You'd still be going faster than some of the traffic.

Turn on TACC and sit behind a truck that's doing 60-65 and relax. You'll get there.

When you are in the actual Knoxville and Nashville metro areas the speed limit will be below 60. At that point do the speed limit or 5 over and you are still OK.