Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla’s FSD Beta 10.3 Coming This Friday 10-22-2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow. Did you get phantom FCW's in advance? I'm hoping we at least have that warning sign to pull over and let the car reset.
We were getting phantom FCWs earlier in the trip before we disabled all autopilot functions including forward collision detection AND automatic emergency braking. We did not get a FCW again until the emergency braking event. As far as i know, there is nothing you can do to stop an emergency braking event once in progress. Somehow our automatic emergency braking was re-enabled, maybe when we stopped to charge.

People keep confusing different concepts. 10.2 was absolutely safe. If you’re taking part in the EARLY ACCESS FSD Beta, then you are accepting a number of liabilities and personal responsibilities. It even says so clearly in the email and agreement you clicked yes to on your vehicle’s screen.

That being said, you are NOT obligated to drive city streets on FSD beta. You can drive as you do with any production firmware release. I’m not sure how people don’t understand this. If you don’t like FSD beta, either opt out entirely, or simply don’t drive on city FSD AP. Simple.
My car was still hard braking earlier today after turning off 10.3 FSD in the autopilot menu.

Wow. Did you get phantom FCW's in advance? I'm hoping we at least have that warning sign to pull over and let the car reset.
Like others I turned off the warnings because they were happening about every 5 to 10 seconds. It was near constant and I couldn't take it anymore. My AEB event happened at the end of my return trip on the highway. No alerts anymore, and then bam, slamming on the brakes and trying to kill me. Honestly, until there's a tesla approved fix/patch/rollback I will not be traveling on the highway.

I haven't received any software since 3am this morning. Car is currently sleeping.

Speak for yourself, I certainly know I was promised at least L4.

If it doesn't come with a date then you don't know the most important piece of information of any promise.

Whether or not there are two FSD's packages is irrelevant because you know Tesla won't do that, and you gave some reasons for that even if you want to exclude legal reasons.

As to California how is the most important state to Tesla cherry picking?

California has the most Tesla owners, and likely the highest concentration of FSD owners.
California has the stricter rules, but at least they have rules. Manufactures tend to use stricter rules in defining what they do for simplicity purposes.
California has Tesla insurance and this is important to L4 vehicles due to the nature of that kind of driving. It removes the chance the insurance company won't cover it because of the autonomous aspect.

Right now regulatory restrictions in the US aren't limiting FSD in any way, but by the time the technology can do L4 we might be facing an entirely different regulatory situation.

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
If it doesn't come with a date then you don't know the most important piece of information of any promise.

Sure I do.

When it's ready.

It'd be insane to use any other date for delivery.

As to California how is the most important state to Tesla cherry picking?

Because it doesn't support your actual claim.

At all.

If they can release a working L4 system in many other US states right now- which, again they can, right now then the fact they can't do that in CA doesn't create a "get out of jail" card to just not deliver it at all to anybody.

So your original claim that "regulators" is going to be an excuse to never deliver such a system to anyone, ever, is factually untrue.

Not sure how you keep being confused about it.

Took my first drive. Cool but doesn’t like the traffic calming chicanes in my neighborhood. Had to take over before scraping the rims!
I found a street with two sets of the chicanes. This image shows just one of the sets. FSD beta was able to drive through them all this morning -- twice. The first time, it was at 30 MPH and the second time at 15 MPH and less after I manually lowered the max speed. I didn't have to take over either time, but it straightened out the sharp curves quite a bit as it went through!

1635123080642.png

Reactions: 82bert
I found a street with two sets of the chicanes. This image shows just one of the sets. FSD beta was able to drive through them all this morning -- twice. The first time, it was at 30 MPH and the second time at 15 MPH and less after I manually lowered the max speed. I didn't have to take over either time, but it straightened out the sharp curves quite a bit as it went through!

View attachment 725267
Wow. That traffic calming device only makes sense in an area that never sees snow and ice.

I rolled back to 2021.36.5.1 and now my safety score dropped to 98 - WTH!
My score dropped too after two hours of driving on FSD Beta this morning. It appears to be from the very short periods of time when I had it disengaged and took over driving.

The lesson for me is that even once we get FSD Beta, our score can take a hit during those times we are driving instead of FSD Beta . So, let the car as drive as much as possible/safe and then drive very gently and sedately when you're driving.

Sorry some people had serious issues with the Beta today!!! Suppose I was lucky in that I only experienced what I would call "expected" and minor FSD issues.

Last edited:
It doesn’t pull
My score dropped too after two hours of driving on FSD Beta this morning. It appears to be from the very short periods of time when I had it disengaged and took over driving.

The lesson for me is that even once we get FSD Beta, our score can take a hit during those times we are driving instead of FSD Beta . So, let the car as drive as much as possible/safe and then drive very gently and sedately when you're driving.

Sorry some people had serious issues with the Beta today!!! Suppose I was lucky in that I only experienced what I would call "expected" and minor FSD issues.

The second drive I took this morning was terrible. FCW galore, phantom braking, even got put in AP jail for no apparent reason. Seemed to have gotten better as the day went on.